Oven Baked Pork Chops:
You are going to be amazed at how simple this recipe is and how flavorful each bite tastes. You only need a few basic seasonings that you probably already have and you can make this for dinner. The flavor combination really jazzes up plain pork chops to make the best dinner.
We love cooking pork chops. They really make an easy dinner idea. They are easy to cook rather you are grilling them, baking or putting them in your crockpot. These pork chops come out so juicy and tender and everyone loves them.
Simple ingredients and simple process, everyone in your family will love this Oven baked pork chop recipe.
Why You’ll Love These Grilled Pork Chops
- BBQ pork chops that are JUICY are easy to fall in love with.
- The wet spice rub is delicious and perfectly compliments the grilled chops.
- This recipe is a summer-friendly version of my crazy popular Juicy Baked Pork Chops. If you like that one then you’ll love this one, too.
- Unlike many pork recipes, this one is 100% sugar-free. That’s right, my friends. This is a healthy pork chop recipe.
- These chops are so tasty that all you need to make them a meal is a simple side salad. Give it up for easy summer dinners!
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying
How to cook pork chops without drying them
- Buy pork chops with bones.
- Add flavor enhancement with a simple marinade.
- Warm the meat at room temperature before cooking.
- Put them on the stove Finish them in the oven.
- Add a little chicken broth to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.
- Buy a meat thermometer, it doesnt have to be expensive.
- Let him rest.
You May Like: No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
This oven baked pork chop recipe uses a very simple dry rub that is super flavorful. However, feel free to customize the seasonings and spices if you prefer.
- Pork Chops: In this recipe, I use boneless pork chops that are 1-inch thick minimum. Bone-in pork chops are also an excellent option.
- Olive Oil: Canola oil, avocado oil and coconut oil can be used as well.
- Seasonings: Brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
Im so excited to show you this guide for how to cook pork chops perfectly every time! This baked pork chops recipe in the oven is super simple, but thats exactly why you need it in your recipe arsenal. Try it soon, its a great staple meal.
One of my favorite things ever here at Wholesome Yum is to show you the basics of how to cook everything in the oven from chicken legs to steak to even lobster tail and now, how to cook pork chops in the oven.
Its a popular cooking method for so many things, and when it comes to meat, the stovetop-to-oven method Im about to show you is unbeatable. And so, SO easy.
Recommended Reading: Stella And Chewy Baked Kibble
Can You Make Baked Pork Chops Without Marinade
Yes, you can! If you dont use the marinade, use a brine instead:
- Brine. Make the same brine I use for baked chicken breasts, then brine the chops for 15-30 minutes.
- Season. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook. Proceed to sear and then bake pork chops as written on the recipe card below.
More Pork Chop Recipes:
- If you happen to have bone-in pork chops on hand, this is by far the best recipe Ive tried Oven Baked Bone In Pork Chops
- Have some extra time to marinate your pork chops? These Grilled Beer Marinated Pork Chops Are The Bomb! Perfect for Summer
- Want to try a marbled, more flavorful variation of traditional pork chops? This Pork Shoulder Steak and guide on how to cook it may come in handy.
Read Also: Chili’s Loaded Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
When the weather is hot and I’m craving pork, this is the recipe I always make. I’ve made it so many times that it’s become one of those back pocket recipes. You know the kind I’m talking about, right? The recipe that you make again and again until you stop measuring the ingredients and make it by memory.
These grilled pork chops are about to become your back pocket recipe.
How Long Should I Bake Pork Chops At 375
Although pork chops should be prepared in the same way as any other meat, people have a habit of overcooking them, which destroys the natural moisture. For the perfect dish, you should bake pork chops at 375°F for at least 20 minutes, but no more than 30, or until they are slightly pink and juicy but still safe to eat.
Read Also: Are Baked Potatoes Healthy For Diabetics
When Are The Pork Chops Done
Youll know these oven baked pork chops are good to go when they reach an internal temperature of 145 °F. As mentioned above, this usually takes about 25-30 minutes in the oven but for fool-proof cooking, check them at the 20 minute mark with a digital instant-read thermometer to know for sure. All ovens are different so they make take a little less time or a little more depending on the brand of oven.
How To Choose Your Pork Chops
When it comes to selecting your pork chops, I always recommend at least an inch thick if you can get them. How long they take to cook in the oven depends on how thick the pork chops are. If they are the normal size then they can take anywhere from 25-30 minutes. However, if they are thicker they can take 35-40 minutes. I adore a good one inch thick pork chop and if I can, I will choose those. Ask your local grocery store butcher if they can cut you pork chops an inch thick.
Read Also: Can You Bake Just Egg
How To Bake Pork Chops Using Our Test Kitchen’s Tried
Whip up a delicious dinner from scratch in no time with quick-cooking pork chops. Learn our best tips and tricks on how to bake pork chops, including the crucial information of how long to bake pork chops . Of course, we also include the juicy details for breaded baked pork chops, too because we know you love them and the reduced guilt from not frying.
No More Tough Dry Pork Chops
Ill be the first to admit, Ive never really been a fan of boneless pork chops. They always seem like a good idea, but they come out of the oven dry and tough. But you know what I figured out? It wasnt the porks fault! It was mine. I finally figured out that I was cooking the poor pork chops to death, and it was slow and painful.
Read Also: How To Make Baked Apples
Pork Chop Recipe Tips
- Turn these oven baked pork chops into a sheet pan meal by adding a few veggies to the baking pan. Simply place the vegetables on the pan and drizzle/season with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Bake and voila! Red bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and mushrooms work well. If you prefer adding potatoes or sweet potatoes, they must be cut into small pieces so they cook in the same amount of time as the pork.
- If you are following a Paleo diet, make Paleo Pork Chops by swapping the sugar with coconut sugar. For Whole 30 and Keto diets, remove the brown sugar from the spice mix and add 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder. You can also rub the chops with olive oil and a thin layer of mustard for added flavor!
- These pork chops can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This baked pork chop recipe is gluten free!
Wondering what to serve with these delicious Boneless Baked Pork Chops? Here are a few side dishes for you:
Tips To Cook Juicy Boneless Pork Chops:
- Preferably use fresh, never frozen pork chops.
- Bring pork chops to room temperature before roasting. Take them out of the fridge 30 minutes before you plan to cook them.
- Bake at 400 F for 7 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of the pork chops. Porks internal temperature needs to be 145 F in order for the meat to be safe to eat.
- Bone in pork chops require some extra cooking time compared to boneless pork chops. You may want to add an extra minute for each 1/2 inch if youre using bone-in pork chops.
- Use a baking dish with walls, instead of cookie sheet, since the meat releases some juice, that we would like to preserve. This way the meat baking in the juice stays moist.
- All you need for seasoning the pork chops is a blend of simple spices salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Rub pork chops with the seasoning and let them sit for at least 5 minutes if you have the time.
- Dont cut the baked pork chops right away. Let the meat rest for 5 minutes, before you bake.
Also Check: Shake And Bake Powder Coating Bullets
Easy Ingredients To Make This Baked Pork Chops Recipe:
What I love most about this recipe is that it requires simple ingredients, yet its so flavourful. You need:
- Good quality butter if possible organic or grass-fed or ghee
- Garlic fresh is always best!
- Fresh thyme again, I highly suggest fresh thyme
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Pork chops I recommend purchasing pork that has no antibiotics or added hormones. ButcherBox has some great pork options as they source their pork from cage-free farms. If you are picking pork chops up at the stores, try to pick an evenly thick cut so you dont end up with overcooked tips.
Baked Pork Chops Ingredients & Cooking Tools:
To make this baked pork chops recipe, you will need:
- Thick-cut pork chops: When it comes to purchasing pork chops, there are three important qualities to look for that I highly, highly recommend:
- Thick-cut: Ideally, between 1 to 1.5 inches thick. Thick-cut pork chops much easier to cook correctly than their thinner counterparts. If your grocery store only offers really thinly-cut chops, just go to the meat counter and ask if they can double-cut them for you.
- Bone-in: I much prefer bone-in pork chops because they have the most flavor. But if you prefer the leaner boneless pork chops, those will work too. Just be extra-careful not to overcook them.
- Fresh: Be sure to also buy the freshest pork that you can find. In general, you want to look for pork that is a deep reddish-pink or reddish-purple color, not grayish or white. And the fat should be white and creamy, not dotted with dark spots. It should also be pretty firm, and not soft and squishy.
You will also need :
Read Also: Philadelphia Chocolate Cheesecake No Bake
What Kind Of Seasoning Should I Use For Oven Baked Pork Chops
- When seasoning pork, the sky is the limit! Pork chops are incredibly versatile. They have a mild flavor and can take to different kinds of seasoning.
- For this easy pork chop recipe, I seasoned the pork with a simple dry rub made with brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Spices like cumin and chili powder are also wonderful seasonings for pork chops. Take a look at these Baked Pork Chops with Southwest Dried Rub. They are so flavorful and easy to make!
Should I Cover Pork With Foil When Cooking
Once you have finished cooking the roast pork, you might want to cover it to keep it warm when resting. Resting is important because it makes the meat juicy and more succulent. We prefer to take the crackling off before covering it in foil so that any steam coming off the joint doesnt cause the crackling to go soft.
Don’t Miss: How To Bake Small Potatoes
What Is The Best Pork Chop For Baking
When buying pork chops, you will find different cuts of chops. Lets talk about them:
- Pork chops are a cut from the loin of the pig that runs from the shoulder to the butt.
- The name of the chop depends only by what area of the loin they are cut from. The rib chop and the loin chop are usually the most popular cuts. For this recipe, I used boneless loin chop.
- The best pork chops for baking are boneless or bone-in pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Dont remove that fat layer at the edge, it will protect the edges from drying out.
Is This Baked Pork Chop Recipe Healthy
Yes! Pork chops are lean meat and are low in calories and fat and high in protein. This is a healthy pork chop recipe as it is made without any sugar. Pork recipes will often call for sugar, but it is really not necessary. There is no reason to take a healthy cut of meat and add a bunch of sugar to it. These chops are sugar-free and delicious.
They are also low-carb, gluten-free, and paleo.
READ MORE: Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
Recommended Reading: Bak Tri Fold Truck Covers
How Long To Grill Pork Chops
The thickness of your pork chops is what will determine how long they’ll need to stay on the BBQ. I don’t recommend grilling pork chops that are less than 1-inch thick as they tend to dry out easier.
On a medium-high heat BBQ, you want to grill boneless pork chops for 14 minutes per inch of thickness. Add 2 minutes per inch if you’re using bone-in pork chops.
The best way to tell if your pork chops are cooked, and to not overcook them, is to use an instant-read meat thermometer. When you think your chops are done, insert the thermometer into the middle of one of them. If it reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, your chops are ready to come off the grill.
Best Grilled Pork Chops
Im so excited to share this grilled pork chops recipe, and I cant wait for you to try it! This recipe has become one of our summer staples, and my favorite way to cook pork chops. Its easy, its flavorful, and the whole family loves it.
When I was testing this recipe, I tried it two ways: with a marinade and with a pork rub. We loved both the pork chops with the rub and the pork chops with the marinade so much. We honestly couldnt decide which we liked better!
In this recipe youll find my simple pork marinade. If you prefer a BBQ rub, you can skip the marinade and use my pork rub recipe instead. Either way, the method for grilling pork chops remains the same.
You May Like: Where To Sell Your Baked Goods
How To Cook A Thick Cut Pork Chop Perfectly
Learn exactly how to cook a thick cut pork chop so it is perfectly tender and juicy!
When you get pork chops, what type do you usually buy? I used to buy packs of the fairly thin, bone-in pork chops like I used in this Pork Chops with Mushroom Cream Sauce recipe. They cook quickly , and leftovers make great sandwiches.
When I started ordering my meat from ButcherBox, I was in for a surprise! When I got my first pack of chops, they were huge, boneless, 2-inch thick, 8 oz. chops!
If youd like to try out ButcherBox, feel free to use this link to get a $30 credit when you sign up .
I had never cooked 2-inch thick pork chops, so I had to experiment a bit to make sure the center was cooked through without burning or drying out the edges. Im excited to share my method so you dont waste a single bite of these big, juicy, delicious pork chops!
Baked Boneless Pork Chops
Easy to make and flavorful, with a beautiful golden crust and tender, juicy interior, these Baked Boneless Pork Chops are simply the best oven-baked pork chops youll ever have. Best of all, you just need pantry staples and about 5 minutes of prep work!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Pork chops are such a great menu item for those nights when youre not sure what to make or need something super quick and easy to prepare at the last minute. They can be bought ahead and kept in the freezer for a long time, pair well with just about any vegetables or side dish, and best of all, are very, very simple to make in a delicious way!
Don’t Miss: Easy Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe
What Oven Temperature Should You Use To Roast Pork Chops
To ensure that the oven is hot before inserting the chops, preheat it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
The cooked chops should rest. When an internal thermometer registers 145 degrees F, the pork is finished. Once done, move them to a fresh platter and cover them loosely with foil.
All of the chops internal juices will have dispersed throughout the flesh after five minutes.