Why Would A Baked Potato Explode In The Oven Do I Have To Pierce Them
Baked potatoes can explode when steam builds up within them. This is the reason why piercing them with a fork is incredibly important before cooking in the oven or microwave. In fact, it’s not even the oven that you need to be worried about I have heard it from chefs that potatoes can explode AFTER you take them out of the oven and potatoes have exploded on chefs. Ouch. Pierce the potatoes for safety’s sake!
Helpful Tools And Ingredients
You really only need a good oven-proof skillet like this one, and you can even make do without one but you’ll just have to use an extra dish. But seriouslyif you don’t have a good cast iron skillet then do yourself a favor and order one right now!
I use my skillet all the time, much more so than my stainless cookware. It’s pretty much non-stick and is the best way to get a good sear on any meat.
- Bone-in pork chops, ½-inch thick
- Cajun seasoningI like Tony’s
- Canola oil
How To Cook Pork Chops With Cream Of Mushroom
Read Also: Baked Potato On Pellet Grill
How To Make These Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops:
Brining the pork chops for about 30 minutes prior to cooking makes for the very best, juicy pork chops. If you have time, I highly recommend it. Simply dissolve the salt and sugar into the water and add peppercorns and smashed garlic cloves if desired. Place the pork chops into the brine and allow to sit for about 30 minutes and up to a few hours. If brining for longer than 30 minutes, place in the refrigerator.
After brining the pork chops, rinse and pat dry. Season generously with sea salt and pepper on both sides. Combine garlic powder and paprika. Run into each side of the pork chops.
- Brine pork chops.
- Pat dry and season.
Use an oven safe pan. I prefer cast iron but my cast iron skillet is not big enough for several bone in pork chops.
The key to sear the pork chops is a super hot pan. Make sure the pan is HOT and then place the seasoned pork chops in it and sear to brown each side about 2-3 minutes. The pork chops will start to pull away from the pan slightly and that is typically a sign to flip.
Once the pork is browned on each side, you have the option to sauté the mushrooms slightly. Remove the pork from the pan and add the mushrooms to cook for 2-3 minutes to soften. This part is technically not necessary because the mushrooms will cook in the oven, but I like the buttery tenderness of sautéed mushrooms.
- Brown the pork chops.
- Sauté mushrooms and then add cream sauce.
Baked Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops
Baked cream of mushroom soup pork chops is a quick and easy dinner recipe thats simply delicious! This is definitely a favourite of mine for whipping up a tasty weeknight meal.
If you are looking for a rice recipe, try my baked pork chops with rice, it also uses mushroom soup.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Fort Lauderdale
How Do You Tenderize Pork Chops Before Baking
How to Make Tender Pork Chops
Pan Seared Pork Chops
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This super easy recipe for pan-seared pork chops produces seasoned juicy chops with a crispy herbed crust.
Bone-in pork chops are simply seasoned and pan-seared until perfectly tender. Theyre finished with a simple herb butter for an easy dish that seems fancy!
With this delish recipe, pork chops are on the table in minutes!
You May Like: Ready To Bake Meals Delivered
Homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup
You may have grown up on pork chops with cream of mushroom soup, but perhaps your mom made it with store-bought cream of mushroom soup. While that is a great time saving trick, I love making it with homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup. It tastes better, and you are adding in minimal time and effort.
Condensed cream of mushroom soup is really just a cream sauce made with milk and some mushrooms. It is about as simple as that, so making your own is equally simple. In this dinner recipe, weve built making it into the recipe and it is still a 35 minute meal.
Why Youll Love This Pork Chop Recipe
- Pork chops are affordable, simple to prepare, and versatile enough to go with any variety of side dishes.
- A bone-in pork chop has lots of flavor and is tender and juicy with few ingredients.
- Pan-seared pork chops are an elegant entrée and have great flavor.
- This dish has simple seasonings that are probably already in the pantry!
Don’t Miss: Bake Frozen Turkey Burgers In Oven
Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops
As we are all focused on staying healthy these days, cooking should be no fuss and nothing to stress over.
Ive found myself spending a lot of time working in the yard and enjoying the beautiful weather. It has been a wonderful distraction from the news and wonderful exercise.
Its been a bit harder for me to concentrate the last few weeks but I can honestly say that it sure feels good to be back at my desk writing and sharing a new recipe post with yall.
Cooking Temperature For Pork
When you are cooking pork tenderloin, roast, and chops, the pork is done when it hits 145 degrees. If you are cooking ground pork, you need to wait for it to register 165 degrees.
It is very important to keep an eye on the temperature here. Overcooked pork is the reason some people dont like pork. When it is taken off the heat at 145 degrees, you get a very moist and delicious piece of meat. I highly recommend investing in a good instant read thermometer.
You May Like: How Long Do You Bake Bone In Chicken Thighs
How To Pan Sear Pork Chops
Its super easy to make these deliciously juicy and tender chops. If you have a cast iron pan, this is a great time to use it!
Feeling Fancy? Add a Simple Pan Sauce!
While the pork rests, add about ¼ cup of white wine to the hot pan to deglaze and scrape up any brown bits. Melt the butter and herbs and then add about ½ cup or so of heavy whipping cream. Simmer over medium high heat until thickened.
Season generously with salt & pepper to taste and add any juices from the rested chops. Spoon the sauce over the chops to serve. So good!
What To Serve With Baked Potatoes
Serve these baked potatoes with steak using my Steak Marinade recipe or my Amazing BBQ ribs. We also love to make my BBQ Root Beer Slow Cooker Brisket which is my favourite brisket recipe ever! You can also try my Red Wine and Bacon Braised Beef Short Ribs. my lemon grilled salmon or my mushroom chuck roast recipe!
Recommended Reading: How To Bake Boneless Chicken Thighs
Tips For Tender Juicy Pork Chops
- Put the pork chops in frozen. This extends the cooking time and is the single best trick for juicy pork! You have to plan ahead and freeze your chops in one layer in a bag so that you can pull them apart easily without defrosting.
- Using thin pork chops :If you don’t have thick pork chops, I would start the rice cooking for an hour, THEN add in the frozen thin pork chops on top. Place them on top and then push them gently into the mixture.
- As you see, I leave the fat on the edge of the pork chop, another trick to prevent them from drying out. Simply remove after cooking!
- If you have defrosted pork chops, add them in an hour after cooking the rice, even if they are thick cut. Pork only has to be cooked to 145 °F now to be safe!
You can always substitute in chicken in this recipe is it is more forgiving, especially since I usually use chicken thighs in my Mushroom Soup Chicken and Rice Casserole .
How is everyone doing today? How are things in your part of the world? Mike and I have hunkered down with the kids and pulled them out of school for the week before spring break and we are practicing social distancing.We were going to go to Vegas and cancelled that of course. I am stocked up on food for making recipes to entertain you all, Mike has alcohol galore to make you daily cocktails inspiration and we are here to entertain and take your mind off of everything.
Baked Mushroom Pork Chops
There are those dishes that are beautiful and tasteless and then, quite on the opposite end of the spectrum, there are those dishes that are truly unattractive yet delicious. These Baked Mushroom Pork Chops are firmly on the hideous end of the spectrum, which is sad because they are scrumptious! The wine and mushroom flavors in the sauce make you want to eat it with a spoon.
But dont because its so much better on mashed potatoes! I always serve this dish with mashed potatoes. The sauce is thick and almost like an incredibly rich gravy. You wont want to waste a teaspoon.
This dish had the double misfortune of being my artificial lighting photography guinea pig. I made this dish the last time my husband came home as a special treat! It’s one of his favorite meals, and I wanted to share it with you without having to make it at 9AM. Hopefully you can see past the lighting to the deliciousness of these Baked Mushroom Pork Chops!
The chops are seasoned with spices, breaded in Italian seasoned crumbs, seared and then baked to perfection under a succulent wine and mushroom thyme sauce.
I served this with lightened up mashed potatoes and a healthy cabbage and bell pepper slaw salad. The salad was actually the first version of this Kale and Cabbage Slaw Salad. The tangy slaw was a perfect balance to the creamy pork chops and mashed potatoes! But, you could serve it with a side salad or any veggie!
Trust me, its awesome.
Also Check: No Bake Treats For Kids
Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops Baked
These baked boneless pork chops with cream of mushroom soup are smothered in sauce and deliciously tender.
I also have the instructions on how to cook them on the stove below if you prefer.
Serve with mashed potatoes or rice and a green vegetable for a complete meal!
This comfort food classic was a favorite dinner of my dads when I was growing up.
The house smells delicious as its cooking everyone will come running when its time to eat!
The other thing I love about this dish is that it can be easily scaled to make a larger batch if needed or if leftovers are desired.
Do I Bake Potatoes With Or Without Foil Is Foil Faster
It is thought that baking potatoes in foil speeds up the cooking process, but for my crispy skinned potatoes, you must leave the foil off. If you enjoy potatoes that are soft skinned, then you will wrap them in foil and bake them to achieve that result. However this is all about getting that salty, crispy potato skin on the outside that is so darn amazing!
Recommended Reading: How To Baker Act Yourself
How To Make Baked Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops Perfectly
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and use salt and pepper to season each side of the pork chops.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and then add the butter and onions.
- Make sure that you fry the onions until they’re tender, add in the garlic, and keep frying for another minute.
- Once the onions are sorted, leave them aside and start to saute the pork chops in the butter. You just need to do this for 3-4 minutes each side until they’re nicely browned.
- Combine the milk and soup until you have a smooth mixture, and pour it over the pork chops.
- Bake at 350 degrees around 25 minutes or until the pork reaches a minimum of 145 °F in the middle.
Things To Know About Pork Chops:
- There are several types of pork chops and not all cuts are interchangeable. For this recipe, rib chops, loin chops or boneless chops are great but skip the sirloin pork chops or shoulder chops as they are better slow cooked.
- Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F. They are safe to eat at this temperature and will still be nice and juicy. The color will have a slight touch of pink but don’t worry.
- Bone in and boneless pork chops will cook up similarly, but typically the times will vary. Size and thickness will make for the biggest variation in cook time.
You May Like: Where Can I Watch Murder She Baked
What Is The Best Baked Potato Recipe
I am going to claim that this recipe is one of the best because I had a lot of advice from chefs that know their stuff! Not that *I* don’t know my stuff, but it really helps to have my opinion confirmed by professionals. Olive oil can make potatoes a wee bit bitter. In this world where everyone slathers olive oil on everything because it’s healthier, we forget that it also adds flavor and a quite bitter one at that. So that’s what sets my recipe apart from the others, and it really does make a difference you guys!
How To Make Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops
- Season your pork chops with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add them to a large skillet on high heat and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Pour the soup over the pork chops, onions and mushrooms then cover the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
MORE TASTY PORK RECIPES
VARIATIONS ONCREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
- Add ins: Add a few minced garlic cloves and paprika to make garlic Mushroom Pork Chops. You could also add a dash of white wine to the skillet to add a little moisture to the pork chops while you sauté them.
- Homemade Cream Soup: If you have a bit more time and ingredients on hand, I would recommend making homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup for this recipe. It will give you so much more flavor and none of the preservatives found in the canned versions.
- Condensed Cream Soups: Speaking of making homemade cream soups, you can swap out Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken for a twist on the gravy flavor in this dish.
- Mushroom Overload: If you love mushrooms, serve these with Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops with rice using my Mushroom Rice recipe and a side of Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms for an explosion of earthy, delicious flavor!
CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS FAQS
EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK
HOW LONG ARE CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS GOOD?
WHEN ARE CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS SAFE TO EAT?
Don’t Miss: Temperature To Bake Mac And Cheese
Extra Tips For The Best Cream Of Mushroom Pork Chops
- This is a great make-ahead dish alsoyou could make it on Sunday and serve it Monday or Tuesday if that’s a busy night in your household. Make-Ahead Freezer Meals are essential for any busy parent!
- Freezer-friendly: bake the dish completely, allow to cool, then freeze in a freezer-safe container. I love these little foil restaurant containers and use them ALL THE TIME.
If you love this recipe, please rate with and leave a comment below!You can also follow me on , , , and . And please join the to get all the Southern Food and Fun recipes.