How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Prep the potatoes by washing and drying them thoroughly.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over them. Using your hands, rub the oil into the potatoes. Generously sprinkle course salt and ground black pepper over the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the Air Fryer, making sure they are not touching . Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and 35 minutes. At the 35 minute mark, test the potatoes but poking with a fork if the fork does not slide in and out easily, cook for another 5 minutes. Continue until the fork slides in and out of the potato easily.
- My large potatoes were done cooking at 40 minutes in my air fryer. Again, times will vary depending on air fryer model.
You Still Need Some Oil/butter
Using an air fryer doesnt always mean you can completely avoid oil. Most recipes still call for some oil or butter to be used, especially for greasing the pans or air fryer racks to prevent your baked goods from sticking.
Aside from preventing sticking, using a little bit of oil or butter also adds flavor. Just like how youd spread butter or oil on a baking sheet/pan to keep your baked goods from getting stuck, this rule also applies when you use an air fryer to bake.
Read More: 6 Different Types Of Oil and How To Use Them For Baking
Air Fryer Baked Potato
I love how simple the Instant Pot Vortex air fryer makes things, such as these air fryer baked potatoes. I make an Instant Pot Vortex air fryer baked potato almost the same way that I do in the oven, but by using the Vortex, I dont have to heat up the kitchen so much. I often use Alton Browns recipe for the regular oven.
You May Like: How Long To Cook A Baked Potato In The Microwave
Clean Your Air Fryer Properly After Usage
Cleaning up after cooking is probably something that we do not look forward to. But, to keep your air fryer in its best condition, never forget to clean it up after youre done!
When you bake or cook something using an air fryer, crumbs might get left behind in the basket. If you dont clean it after youre done using the air fryer, these crumbs will burn the next time you use it, and produce an unpleasant smell.
Give your air fryer a checkif its one of the newer models, the parts are likely to be removable. This will certainly make cleaning up much easier.
I Made A Baked Potato In My Air Fryer And I’m Never Using An Oven Again
After trying three cooking methods, I found the best way to make a baked potato.
The air fryer leaves the interior perfectly cooked and the skin nice and crispy.
I love that there isn’t much prep, and it’s perfect for a variety of seasonings and toppings.
I got a lot of feedback after I tried making a baked potato in the oven, microwave, and air fryer, but I stand by my decision that air-frying is the best.
Read on to learn more about the technique and how to perfect it.
Don’t Miss: Best Way To Clean Baked On Grease On Stove Top
How To Cook Frozen Roast Potatoes In The Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer at 200C/400F for 5 mins. I like to do this as I believe it gives the potatoes a good head start as it would if oven-baked.
Transfer the frozen potatoes into the air fryer basket and cook at 200C/400F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size until fork-tender, golden and crispy on the outside. Shake the air fryer basket every 10 minutes to allow even cooking.
Be careful when removing the air fryer basket from the base tin so that the dripped fat does not spill on the floor or on you. It will be hot so be careful! Remove the potatoes with a tong or a fork to avoid kitchen accidents.
Season the potato as desired whilst it is still hot, serve as desired and enjoy!
What Ingredients Do I Need
You only need 4 ingredients to make the perfect baked potato in an air fryer.
- Potato cleaned and patted dry
- Oil olive oil, avocado oil or canola oil
- Salt larger kosher salt is great
- Pepper freshly cracked gives you the best flavor
And that is all that you need to make perfect baked potatoes! While you only need simple ingredients, using high quality ingredients will give you the best finished product.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Tulsa Ok
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
Wash the potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel. Using a fork, prick all sides of the potatoes. Lightly rub olive oil, salt, and pepper all over the potatoes.
Cook the potatoes in the air fryer for 35 minutes at 400 degrees F, rotating them after 20 minutes.
When the timer goes off, insert a fork into the potatoes. If it is tender, the potatoes are done. If it is still thick, continue to cook until desired texture.
Serve warm with toppings such as butter, sliced green onions or chives, and additional salt and pepper.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are crisp on the outside yet tender and perfectly cooked on the inside, making it the best cooking method for a baked potato.
The air fryer can cut your cooking time in half and provide super crispy results like our Air Fryer Chicken Wings and Air Fryer Bacon. Youll love the crisp salty skins on these potatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Mechanicsburg Pa
Instant Pot Baked Potato Time Chart
In a 6 quart Instant Pot, you can cook 2 to 3 lbs of Russet Potatoes at a time. Us the time chart below depending on the size of your potatoes followed by a natural pressure release of about 15 minutes.
- Smaller Russet Potatoes 12 minutes on high pressure with a natural pressure release.
- Medium Russets 14 min + natural release
- Large Russets 16 min + natural release
- Extra Large Russets 18-20 min + natural release
Ingredients For Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes choose sweet potatoes that are slender and narrow , choose ones without bruises, blemishes, or any soft spots.
- Olive oil. or you can use your favorite oil.
- Salt I used Himalayan Pink Salt, you can use any sea salt.
- Vegan Butter I love the flavor of vegan butter with the creamy sweet flesh of the sweet potato, you can omit the butter if you are oil-free and substitute with nut butter or tahini sauce.
- Cinnamon substitute with your favorite spice, like coriander and cardamom.
- Maple Syrup you can substitute it with organic cane sugar or your favorite sweetener.
Also Check: Can You Bake Pork Tenderloin
Top Results For Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven Baked Potato
Air Fryer Toaster Oven Cuisinart Recipes
Copy the link and share
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe | Allrecipes
Copy the link and share
25 Best Air Fryer Oven Recipes | Everyday Family Cooking
Copy the link and share
Ultimate Guide To Toaster Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes
Copy the link and share
Air Fryer Baked Potato – My Sequined Life
Copy the link and share
French Fries Recipe – Cuisinart.com
Copy the link and share
Mouthwatering Air Fryer Baked Potato Recipe For A Perfect Fall Dinner
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Your choice of oil
- THE ONLY PRODUCT YOULL NEED: This versatile product functions as an air fryer, rotisserie oven and dehydrator, perfect for…
- EFFORTLESS COOKING: This multi-functional air fryer cooks faster than an oven and does not require preheating, while helping…
- CONVENIENT ACCESSORIES: Interior lighting allows you to easily watch your food as it cooks. Accessories include 2 air flow…
Reminder: Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. The standard heating time of air fryer takes about 3 minutes
Some of the air fryer baked potato toppings are:
- Bacon bits
- Sour cream
Dont forget to download, save, or share this handy recipe card for reference:
Whats your favorite baked potato topping? Tell us in the comment section below!
Read Also: How Many Calories In A Medium Baked Potato
Stress Free Air Fryer Baked Potato
So at times like this, I find myself turning to super quick, super easy, stress-free suppers like these delicious Baked Potatoes. These make a great side dish or a main dish with all the toppings.
And if you love these then check out these crispy Air Fryer Potato Chips, family favorite Air Fryer Zucchini Chips and Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries.
Roasted Potatoes In Air Fryer
Well have a whole article dedicated to these coming out in August . Until then, heres a sneak peek:
When making roasted potatoes in your air fryer, you want them to have a light, crispy skin with a moist, fluffy inside. To achieve that, chop washed potatoes into about 1 inch cubes, toss them liberally with olive oil and salt. Feel free to experiment with other seasonings, but make sure that you salt them!
Once youve seasoned and tossed your potatoes, add them to your air fryer basket, and roast them for about 10 minutes. I like to stir mine about halfway through, but its not an essential step.
Don’t Miss: No Bake Spinach Dip With Cream Cheese
Instant Pot Vortex Baked Potatoes As A Main Course Or A Side Dish
Most people will serve an air fryer baked potato as a side dish, but I like to use them as a meal as well. You can top your potatoes with all sorts of good things, and if you top them with quite a few items, you might suddenly find that they are a meal in and of themselves.
Try any of these options, or get creative and just put anything that you love on top:
- Butter and sour cream
- Loaded with bacon and cheese
- Chives or green onions
- Blue cheese dressing, add a dash of buffalo wing sauce for spicy
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Sloppy joe mix
What Type Of Potatoes Are Best For Making Baked Potato In Air Fryer
Starchier variety of potatoes that are best suited for making the perfect baked potato, since they have light, fluffy and absorbent texture.
Waxy potato varieties are good for using in soups, salads and casseroles because they hold their shape well during the cooking process.
The following varieties of starchy potatoes are most commonly used to make bake potatoes:
- Russet potatoes are what you think of when you think of baked potatoes. These potatoes have a russet colored skin and white flesh. Russets are fluffy, creamy and soft and have a neutral taste.
- Yukon Gold is an all-purpose potato variety with a smooth yellowish-white skin and light yellow flesh. They have a bright and slightly sweet flavor.
- Purple Peruvian potatoes have a dry and starchy texture and a deep purple skin. The flesh is either evenly purple throughout or can be marbled with white and a dark purple. These potatoes have an earthy, buttery taste.
- Rooster potatoes are a red potato with a fluffy light yellow flesh. This is an all-purpose potato, with a deep earthy flavor.
- Katahdin potatoes are a starchy variety with a smooth skin, yellowish flesh and a classic potato flavor.
You May Like: Bake Frozen Turkey Burgers In Oven
Mix Smoked Paprika Garlic Powder Black Pepper Salt Dried Oregano Ground Thyme And Sugar Together In A Small Bowl
This is a similar spice blend to the one I used for my cajun seasoned Ninja Foodi sweet potato fries with a few minor tweaks. Smoked paprika is not very spicy, in my opinion. But if you wanted a more mellow flavor, you could cut the amount in half.
Another option might be something like the garlic parmesan route I took with my air fryer carrot fries or air fryer red potatoes. The seasoning blend is really your oysterget creative!
How Do You Know When A Baked Potato Is Done
The cook time of the baked potato will slightly vary depending on the size of the potato and your air fryer machine. Small potatoes will take less time while larger and thicker potatoes will take longer. Cook until you can easily pierce into the center of the potatoes with a knife. If your potatoes need a longer cooking time, just return the basket to the air fryer and cook another 3-5 minutes at a time.
You May Like: Nature Valley Cocoa Peanut Butter Soft Baked Filled Squares
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
The keys to a great baked potato are:
- Potato choice: Use a good russet baking potato. Other potatoes such as red potatoes or Yukon gold are better for making french fries or roasted potatoes.
- Rubbing the potatoes with oil, salt, and seasoning: I like to use avocado oil or olive oil. The oil both helps keep the inside of the potato from getting dry and also helps get the skin nice and crispy. Seasoning with salt also helps make the skin crisp up, and adding any other seasoning that you happen to like is just plain tasty and fun!
- Give them room to breathe: Dont crowd the tray. Make sure there is air space all around each of your potatoes so that they will get evenly cooked with a nice crispy skin.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Have A Delicious Crispy Skin While Being Soft And Fluffy On The Inside They Cook Quickly And Can Be Made Ahead For Meal Prep
Using an air fryer to make Baked Potatoes is genius because it takes a fraction of the time of baking, and delivers a crispy skin while keeping the inside fluffy and soft! Load these up to make Southwestern Stuffed Baked Potatoes, Air Fryer Potato Skins, or Buffalo Broccoli Baked Potatoes! If you dont like crispy skin on the potatoes, try out my Instant Pot Baked Potatoes method which is always great!
Air Fryers are essentially rapid cooking ovens. They cook everything quicker, and are great for getting. Of course cooking times do vary based off model and type of air fryer, so you may have to adjust cooking times here and there. Overall, if you dont have an Air fryer, you need to get one . You can also make Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes .
Also Check: Milton’s Gluten Free Crispy Sea Salt Baked Crackers
Crispy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
The air fryer has an uncanny ability to transform humble vegetables into crisp, crave-worthy dinner sides. Weve had success with air fryer sweet potato wedges, potato chips, and frozen French fries, so it should come as absolutely no surprise that air frying a whole russet potatoes transforms it into one of the best baked potatoes youll ever have in your life.
The air fryer is basically a countertop convection oven, meaning the high fan speed and concentrated heat makes baked potatoes that are fluffy and tender on the inside and shatteringly crisp on the outside. If youre the type to eat all the fluffy filling of a baked potato and leave the skins for the compost pile, air fried baked potatoes will change that forever. Heres how to make the very best baked potatoes in the air fryer.
What You Can Bake
As explained above, hot air circulates faster in an air fryerthis means it can take from as little as 5 minutes to bake a small batch of cookies!
Make sure to coat the air fryer basket with butter or cooking spray to prevent the cookies from sticking. You can also line the base with foil or parchment paper.
Apart from slight adjustments to the baking time and temperature which we will cover later in the article, baking cookies with an air fryer is pretty much the same as using an oven. Stay away from any toppings that might melt, since they might get burnt.
Cakes, cupcakes, and quick breads
These batters are relatively dense, and theyre one of the most fuss-free baked goods you can make. Since the surface of such batters will come in close contact with the air fryers heating element, baking these items in an air fryer will give them slightly caramelized, crisp tops. However, the centers will remain soft and fluffy, just like the ones you get in an oven!
Cinnamon rolls are surprisingly one of the best items you can bake in an air fryer. Just make sure to do it the right waycut them into smaller pieces, and dont bake too many at a time.
If youre using frozen cinnamon roll dough, it only takes around 9 to 11 minutes to bake them to perfection.
Chiffon and Sponge Cakes
Cakes made from batter that is relatively thin can be quite tricky to bake in an air fryer since the batter can get scattered during baking and create a mess.
Recommended Reading: Simple Baked Mac And Cheese