What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Air fryer whole baked potatoes is the fastest way to cook perfect baked potatoes!
- Coated in oil and seasoned with sea salt, air fryer whole potatoes are going to cook up crispy on the outside and unbelievably fluffy on the inside.
- Air fryer Russet potatoes are great for those who are following gluten-free or Whole30 lifestyles, as well anyone who would like to enjoy a vegetarian or vegan dish .
- Super customizable, whole potatoes cooked in the air fryer can be served with a variety of toppings or used for twice baked potatoes as well as homemade potato skins.
How To Make Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer
Making baked potatoes in the air fryer is as easy as it gets. Below, find a quick hitter overview of the process.
- Prep the Potatoes: Wash potatoes, pat dry them with a towel, and poke a few holes in each with a sharp knife. Rub the potato skins with oil and sea salt.
- Air Fry the Potatoes: Arrange the potatoes in the air fryer basket, leaving at least an inch of space between each one. Bake the potatoes at 390°F for at least 30 minutes, or until you can pierce them easily with a fork.
- Split the Potatoes: After you remove the potatoes from the air fryer, split them down the middle with a knife. Serve with sour cream, butter, chives, bacon bits, or any other of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Tips And Tricks For Air Fryer Potatoes
- Do not over crowd your air fryer, the skin of the potatoes will not crisp if you do.
- Use a mealy or floury variety of potato like a Russet for the very best baked potatoes.
- Your potato is cooked when you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- If your potatoes are larger flip them over half way through the cooking process.
- Be careful when making the cut across the top of the potato, they are VERY hot.
- Use a neutral oil rather than your best olive oil to coat the potatoes.
- Timings will vary depending on the size of your potatoes. Potatoes larger than 8 oz. will require more cooking time. Sometimes up to 45-50 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature. Potatoes should reach an internal temperature of 205F to 210F for the perfect doneness.
Read Also: Ready To Bake Pizza Crust
How To Make Baked Potatoes In The Air Fryer:
**scroll down for full ingredients list and printable directions**
- Prep the potatoes by washing and drying them thoroughly.
- Add the potatoes to a bowl and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over them. Using your hands, rub the oil into the potatoes. Generously sprinkle course salt and ground black pepper over the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the Air Fryer, making sure they are not touching . Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and 35 minutes. At the 35 minute mark, test the potatoes but poking with a fork if the fork does not slide in and out easily, cook for another 5 minutes. Continue until the fork slides in and out of the potato easily.
- My large potatoes were done cooking at 40 minutes in my air fryer. Again, times will vary depending on air fryer model.
How To Bake A Potato In An Air Fryer
Baking a potato is smooth, but baking it in an air fryer is more comfortable than most people think. Somehow, that equipment works wonders on potatoes. It makes them perfect, crispy, and the best of it all is it uses less oil in preparing it. Nothing beats an air fried baked potato. At least, to many.
Ever tried to fry with air? If you haven’t tasted some baked or roasted potatoes in an air fryer, then you are missing a great breakfast. People who have baked potatoes in an air fryer couldn’t help but fall in love with their air fryers because the results were terrific. So in this article, you will be learning more about how to bake a potato in an air fryer.
You should get yourself ready for some awesome baking experience after reading this potato baking recipes for an air fryer.
Quick Navigation of How to Bake a Potato in an Air Fryer
You May Like: Ready To Bake Meals Delivered
Which Air Fryer Is Best
We have 2 air fryers so we can thoroughly test air fryer recipes, but it depends on your needs. Not all air fryers are created equal so get to know your air fryer, peek in on your food to check progress, and adjust recipe timings as needed.
- Basket Style Air Fryer we have the 5.8 Qt Cosori Air Fryer which takes up slightly less counter space, works well for our family of 4, and has the easiest cleanup because the air fryer basket and liner are dishwasher-safe.
- Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer takes up a little more space, but is great for bigger families and you can cook most recipes in one batch. Depending on your particular model, it can cook faster. I cooked the bacon in the toaster oven style for 8 minutes, while it took 9 minutes in the basket style.
How Long To Cook Bacon In The Air Fryer
The cook time for this recipe can vary depending on the doneness of your bacon, the thickness of the bacon, and the style of your air fryer. Also, we do not preheat the air fryer for bacon.
- Regular Cut Bacon for softer bacon, air fry at 350F for 7 minutes, and for crispy bacon, cook 8 to 9 minutes
- Thick-Cut Bacon for softer bacon, air fry at 350F for 9-10 minutes, and for crispy bacon, cook 10-12 minutes.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Catering Platters
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes cooked to perfection in the Air Fryer is a side dish that takes very little effort to make yet yields amazing results! Theyre tender and creamy on the inside with crispy skin on the outside for sweet potatoes that youll be craving time and time again.
Our family is absolutely nuts over sweet potatoes. I can honestly say that I make them at least once a week. What I really like about sweet potatoes is that I can turn them into a savory or sweet dish which makes them an ideal match for many of the main dish recipes I serve for supper. They are loaded with nutrients, are high in potassium, vitamin E, C, and are a great source of fiber when eaten with the skin on. All these extra benefits make me super happy when my family digs into them.
For a couple of years now, Ive been baking sweet potatoes in my air fryer. Its one of those pieces of kitchen equipment that really outperforms itself when it comes to cooking. Ive made so many recipes in my air fryer and have loved how they turn out. The benefits of air frying are wide-ranging, but here are my favorites
- low-fat cooking since very little oil is used.
- foods are crispy and crunchy on the outside, yet tender and juicy on the inside thanks to the circulation of hot air.
- easy clean up with none of the mess that frying requires.
- its portable so I can take it with us when we travel to the coast or mountains.
How To Make A Baked Potato In Air Fryer
Easy Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe | Allrecipes
Copy the link and share
Air-Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe: How To Make It
Copy the link and share
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Snellville Ga
How To Make French Fries In Air Fryer
How To Reheat Air Fryer Baked Potatoes:
If you are prepping potatoes ahead of time, they can easily be reheated in the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 350 degrees F, then add the potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes. The larger the potatoes, the longer you will need to cook them. Check the potatoes every few minutes to ensure they dont burn.
Meal ideas for Air Fryer Potatoes:
Serving baked potatoes as a meal is easy when you add some toppings. Here are some easy suggestions:
- Load the potatoes with Shredded Buffalo Chicken and top with green onions, cheddar cheese, and sour cream or ranch dressing.
- Take these a step further and turn them into Air Fryer Loaded Potato Skins, the perfect appetizer!
What type of Air Fryer Should I use for this recipe?
There are many Air Fryers to choose from, but I love my PowerXL Vortex Air fryer! Here are some other great options:
- OMORC Air Fryer 6QT -1600W Powerful Electric Hot Oven 10 Preset Menus Dual Control System 6-in-1 Function
- COSORI Air Fryer 5.8QT Large Hot Electric Oven Oilless Cooker with 8 Quick Setting Recommendation
- GoWISE USA 7 QT Air Fryer -with Dehydrator & 3 Stackable Racks, Led Digital Touchscreen
Make sure you dont miss a thing! Follow Domestic Superhero on:
For NEW RECIPES delivered straight to your inbox, signup for our email list!
Don’t Miss: Fresh Baked Pies Sign World Market
Ways To Use An Air Fryer Baked Potato
Aside from the obvious , you can use your air fryer baked potato in a wide range of ways.
- Mashed Potatoes. Scoop out the insides. Add milk , seasonings, and herbs. For inspiration, check out my Crockpot Mashed Potatoes and Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
- Shepherds Pie. Use air fryer baked potatoes to top off a scrumptious shepherds pie.
- Baked Potato Boats. The potato is your vessel! Load yours up with any of your favorite ingredients for an all-in-one meal. I used sweet potatoes for my 5 Ingredient Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes and Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes, but you can use white potatoes for those recipes too.
- Potato Skins. Recipe coming soon!
- Dip. Turn your baked potato into this crowd-pleasing Loaded Baked Potato Dip.
What Temperature To Air Fry Baked Potatoes
If you want to make baked potatoes in the air fryer, the best temperature would be 400 degrees Fahrenheit. When you cook baked potatoes in the air fryer at this temp, you can expect a perfectly cooked potato that has a crispy, seasoned skin on the outside with fluffy and soft potato on the inside. You will be able to tell when theyre done when you can easily stick a fork into the potato. Air fried baked potatoes are delicious and great for a quick snack or a light meal. Just make sure you cook them correctly to guarantee that you get tasty, fluffy potatoes as your final result.
Read Also: Baked Pork Chops And Rice
My Air Fryer Accessories Top Pick
My go-to spraying bottle. Every Air Fryer user should have one.
Folks, I just looooooooove potatoes. They are definitely one of my favorite foods, and I love them in all forms.
But if I had to choose just one , I would have to pick the baked potato. This easy recipe is exactly what the whole family loves.
And making a great baked potato in air fryer takes that delectable baked potato perfection to another whole level.
How To Make Baked Potato In Air Fryer
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded or melted
- Ham, diced
- Green Onion, chopped
Read Also: Recipe Baked Pork Chops Bone In
Easy Baked Potatoes With Crispy Skin
Have you ever eaten a baked potato and left the skin just kind of sitting there? In the foil? No judgment, I definitely have, too! But, with this air fryer recipe for baked potatoes, the skin may just be your favorite part!
Lightly brushed with oil and seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper, the freshly-scrubbed potato skins come out super crispy, like the outside of the very best potato wedges!
On the inside, these potatoes are perfectly fluffy, exactly right for topping with butter, sour cream, bacon bits, broccoli, or whatever you want! They make the perfect easy dinner, quick lunch, or versatile side dish.
Cook Time/how Long To Cook
I like to cook the potatoes for 40 minutes at 390 degrees. Oven baked potatoes usually take about 50-60 minutes. I feel like I am constantly checking in on them and piercing them with a knife or fork to check if they are soft on the inside.
The air fryer cooks at an even pace. It also works well during the summer months because you dont have to turn on the oven and experience excess heat in your home!
Also Check: Laura Geller Baked Balance N Brighten Foundation
How To Serve Air Fryer Potato Wedges
This is one of those recipes that serves so many purposes. Im not kidding when I say youll come up with all kinds of excuses to make this recipe! These potato wedges are great served for a busy weeknight meal, for game day, cookouts, and family gatherings.
Need a little inspiration? Heres how I like to serve them:
As an appetizer:
Arrange a platter with potato wedges, and your favorite dipping sauces. Add bowls of cooked chopped bacon, grated cheese, and sour cream for a fun twist on a potato bar.
For game day:
You Still Need Some Oil/butter
Using an air fryer doesnt always mean you can completely avoid oil. Most recipes still call for some oil or butter to be used, especially for greasing the pans or air fryer racks to prevent your baked goods from sticking.
Aside from preventing sticking, using a little bit of oil or butter also adds flavor. Just like how youd spread butter or oil on a baking sheet/pan to keep your baked goods from getting stuck, this rule also applies when you use an air fryer to bake.
Read More: 6 Different Types Of Oil and How To Use Them For Baking
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Store Woodbridge Va
An Air Fryer Potato Recipe
Baked Potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes ever. Potatoes are always a solid choice, right? They can even be a main meal depending on what you top them with. Did you know that baked potatoes can be made in the air fryer? Of course, Im not sure they would still be called baked. I guess wed have to just call them Air Fried Potatoes. If you love to eat the skin on your baked potatoes and you like it crispy, this is your recipe. It is so fluffy and tender on the inside too! This has become one of my favorite ways to make potatoes. It is quicker than the oven and dont even get me started on how the microwave messes up a perfectly good potato. If you are looking for an easy way to get your potato fix, then you need to try this Air Fryer Baked Potato recipe!
How Long Does It Take To Cook Baked Potatoes In An Air Fryer
The length of time you can use to cook baked potatoes in an air fryer depends on the capacity of the air fryer, the size of the potatoes, and the quantity you want to cook at the same time.
Typically, it takes less than 40 minutes to cook baked potatoes in an air fryer. It could take longer based on the factors that were earlier mentioned.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Carrollton Ga
How Long To Cook Baked Potatoes In Air Fryer
Potatoes are probably one of the most versatile and delicious vegetables out there. You can make fries, tater tots, or even the topic of today, baked potatoes. Commonly, we hear people roast baked potatoes in the oven. But not everyone have an oven at home. A more common appliance would be an air fryer instead. Now you may ask. can you air fry baked potatoes? The answer is yes! Making great tasty air fried baked potatoes is all about using the right combination of air fryer temperature and cooking time. Many friends ask me these. How long to cook baked potatoes in air fryer? What temp to air fry baked potatoes?In this post, lets touch on them and hear tips on the recipe for baked potatoes in air fryer.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potatoes choose sweet potatoes that are slender and narrow , choose ones without bruises, blemishes, or any soft spots.
- Olive oil. or you can use your favorite oil.
- Salt I used Himalayan Pink Salt, you can use any sea salt.
- Vegan Butter I love the flavor of vegan butter with the creamy sweet flesh of the sweet potato, you can omit the butter if you are oil-free and substitute with nut butter or tahini sauce.
- Cinnamon substitute with your favorite spice, like coriander and cardamom.
- Maple Syrup you can substitute it with organic cane sugar or your favorite sweetener.
Copy the link and share
Also Check: Can Dogs Eat Baked Chicken