What Seasoning To Use For Pork Chops
You can marinade or dry rub the chops.
Since Im usually busy, have limited time and often times I dont even realize that it is 5 oclock already, so I have to quickly make dinner, I just use olive oil and dry spices.
- onion powder
- and paprika
You can also add cumin, oregano, dried parsley, some garlic, cayenne pepper or any other seasoning of your choice.
I brush the pork chops with oil, then add the seasoning on both sides and bake.
Easy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
When youre done with this Honey Garlic Pork Chops Recipe, you wont believe what youve just done! This dish is an exceptionally easy and tasty way to serve bone-in or boneless pork chops seared till brown, then simmered and broiled in the most fantastic honey garlic sauce, with no marinating required!
Pork Chop Cooking Temperature
Here is where the optional digital meat thermometer can be your best friend. Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temp of 155-160 degrees. Always allow your meat to rest after cooking. This allows the juices to redistribute.
If you cut into your meat too soon, the juices will run all over the plate rather than giving you a deliciously juicy cut.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Nashua Nh
The Best Pork Chop Seasoning
This homemade pork chop seasoning is made with the perfect blend of herbs and spices. The combination of cumin, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper work well with pork and make it more flavorful.
The spice blend has a perfect balance of sweet, salty, savory, and smoky, absolutely delicious!
Baked Pork Chops Faq And Cooking Tips:
How many days can you keep cooked pork chops in the refrigerator?
Store the leftover in an airtight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat pork chop without drying it out?
Transfer the leftover pork chop into a baking pan. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of liquid, cover the pan with foil, and cook in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
You May Like: Halloween Break And Bake Cookies
How Do You Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out Buy bone-in pork chops. Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade. Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking. Start them on the stove finish them in the oven. Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven. Buy a meat thermometer it doesnt have to be expensive. Let it rest.
Cooking Pork Chops In The Oven
The key to making really great pork chops in the oven is:
the right sauce one that will caramelise well
start it in the oven and
finish with under the broiler/grill to get a really great caramelisation. Otherwise, the pork cops come out of the oven with no colour and we all know that caramelisation = flavour!
So baked pork chops are as simple as this:
Mix together the magic country-style sauce
Slather on both sides then bake for 15 minutes
Flip, slather with remaining sauce then grill/broil for 5 to 10 minutes until cooked through and beautifully caramelised. There will be enough juices on the tray to baste with and to drizzle on the chops for serving.
How do you know when pork chops are done?
When the internal temperature of the pork chops is 145F / 63C.
Optional add potatoes! Theres room on the tray and I love the way the potatoes are crispy on top, and the underside absorbs the flavour and end up almost glazed!
See? Glazed potatoes.
And they taste even better than they look!
I use this same sauce for grilling and cooking chops on the stove but actually, my favourite way is baking. There arent many sauces / rubs you can put on baked pork chops where they come out looking and tasting this good. Normally they lack colour and therefore flavour.
So this sauce is made for baked pork chops.
Also Check: Baked Pork Chops And Rice
Pork Chop Recipe Tips
- Turn these oven baked pork chops into a sheet pan meal by adding a few veggies to the baking pan. Simply place the vegetables on the pan and drizzle/season with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Bake and voila! Red bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and mushrooms work well. If you prefer adding potatoes or sweet potatoes, they must be cut into small pieces so they cook in the same amount of time as the pork.
- If you are following a Paleo diet, make Paleo Pork Chops by swapping the sugar with coconut sugar. For Whole 30 and Keto diets, remove the brown sugar from the spice mix and add 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder. You can also rub the chops with olive oil and a thin layer of mustard for added flavor!
- These pork chops can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- This baked pork chop recipe is gluten free!
Wondering what to serve with these delicious Boneless Baked Pork Chops? Here are a few side dishes for you:
Pork Chop Rub Brown Sugar
4 chops That is enough for the 5 of us in this house though you could really use as many as youd like that fits on a sheet pan.
- Brown sugar Gives it a sweetness that everyone in your home will really love.
- Paprika I add to most of my dry rub recipes for meat.
- Chili powder Adds just a touch of heat but I typically say my amounts will give you a just a touch of spicy.
Garlic powder I mean I cant get enough garlic flavor in everything I cook so theres that.
Recommended Reading: Easy Things Kids Can Bake
Tips For Making Oven Baked Bone
- Remove pork chops from the refrigerator several minutes before cooking. This is important so that the pork can cook evenly.
- Serve pork chops hot. This keeps them juicy and tender! Its best to avoid serving hot meat on cold plates, so warm plates up if you can.
- Let the pork chops relax for a few minutes before serving. They will have a more even pinkness, and be more tender.
- Use pork chops that are bone-in, and at least an inch thick. The bone contributes to the flavor and juiciness! Thin pork chops get notoriously dry and tough.
How To Bake Pork Chops
Making pork chops in the oven is super easy. When you cook them in the oven you can cook your veggies at the same time, making dinner quick and easy.
The trick here is to choose a baking dish that’s not too big. You want the pork chops to be fairly snug so that their juices don’t evaporate while cooking. It makes the chops juicier.
That’s it! Seriously, these are easy pork chops at their best!
READ MORE: Pineapple Pork Stir Fry
Also Check: Fun Fall Things To Bake
How To Choose Pork Chops
You cant cook your way out of subpar ingredients, so if you want delicious oven baked pork chops, start with these tips for picking them out:
- Bone-in vs. boneless pork chops: Many love bone-in pork chops because it has great flavor , but really either will work its up to you. Boneless pork chops are more sensitive to drying out, which is all the more reason you need to follow my tips and easy pork chops recipe below to avoid just that.
- Rib vs loin chops: Pork ribs are a center loin roast and are a fattier cut than the pork loin. If you prefer a more marbled cut, go with the rib. If you prefer a leaner cut, go with the loin.
- Thickness: Choose pork chops that have a similar size and thickness, so that they cook evenly. The best pork chops will be at least 3/4 to 1 inch thick, but if all you can find is 1/2 inch, they will do.
- Appearance: Look for firm, pinkish-red pork chops with some marbling. Avoid ones that are very pale or have dark spots.
- Humanely-raised or not: I prefer to buy humanely-raised pork, as I appreciate the farming practices and I think it tastes better! I get it delivered to my door from here.
How To Brine Pork Chops And Why
Brining may sounds like a difficult or tedious step, but its soooo crucial with a thick cut pork chops. And bonus brining pork chops is actually crazy simple.
The process of brining creates a chemical reaction that happens between the structure of the meat and the salt. It helps to tenderize the lean pork, which is exactly what we want. The longer you can brine your pork chops, the better, but give it at least 30 minutes.
- Wet Brine Fill a large bowl with warm water and stir in 1 tablespoon of kosher salt for every cup of water. Submerge your pork chops in the water and if youre doing a quick brine, let them sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. For longer brining, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Dry Brine Place the pork chops on a plate or cutting board and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle kosher salt all over the pork chops and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let sit out on counter until room temperature, at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pat Dry After wet or dry brining the pork, make sure to pat dry with paper towels. No need to rinse with water, the pork will not be overly salty when baked.
Also Check: Are Baked Potatoes Keto Friendly
How To Store The Leftovers
When it comes to these tender pork chops, I highly doubt youll have any leftovers but on the rare chance that you do, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. I personally recommend eating them the next day though otherwise the marinade and the pork may start to dry out, and nobody wants that to happen!
How Long Should I Cook Pork Chops In The Oven
The cook time for baked pork chops will vary depending on how thick your chops are. That said, they wont need very long in the oven.
For example, boneless pork chops about 1-inch thick will need a 2 to 3 minute sear in the skillet and then 8 to 15 minutes of bake time in the oven.
Thinner chops will cook much quicker, and thicker chops may take a few minutes longer a temperature thermometer is your best bet for checking doneness.
Pork is done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you do not have a thermometer, you will know they are done if the juices run clear when cutting into the chops.
Read Also: Best White Fish To Bake
What Is The Best Pork Chop For Baking
When buying pork chops, you will find different cuts of chops. Lets talk about them:
- Pork chops are a cut from the loin of the pig that runs from the shoulder to the butt.
- The name of the chop depends only by what area of the loin they are cut from. The rib chop and the loin chop are usually the most popular cuts. For this recipe, I used boneless loin chop.
- The best pork chops for baking are boneless or bone-in pork chops that are at least 1-inch thick. Dont remove that fat layer at the edge, it will protect the edges from drying out.
What Kind Of Pork Chops Should I Use
For this recipe, I like to use bone-in pork loin chops. You could also use rib chops, or center-cut chops. Boneless loin chops are okay, but be careful with them, as they tend to dry out faster than bone-in pork chops, and need less time to cook.
Avoid sirloin chops and shoulder or blade chops they are better for cooking slowly to tenderize.
Recommended Reading: Laura Geller Eye Rimz Baked Wet Dry Eye Accents
How To Cook Pork Chops
Want to cook them to perfection. Of course you do! Yes you can skip the rub if you choose to use a marinade instead. Or, just season with salt and pepper and follow temp and timing.
- These are the best grilled pork chops around
And THIS is how you cook Ninja Foodi pork chops AND rice together all at once. A great one pot meal.
Pork is such a versatile meat but the key is to not over cook, bake, or grill it. It easily dries out and s no good.
Why Do I Have To Sear The Pork Chops
If youre wondering why you have to sear the pork chops on the stovetop and not just stick them in the oven, I hear you. Heres why.
The sear provides lots of texture and flavor for the otherwise boring pork chop. I think searing, THEN baking, is the best way to make oven-baked pork chops.
That said, you can also make oven-baked pork chops without searing!
You May Like: Oven Baked Tradition Dog Food
How To Cook Pork Chops In The Oven
- Make pork chop marinade. Find the pork chop marinade recipe here and marinate for up to 12 hours. Take the chops out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Sear. Preheat a cast iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Melt butter, then add pork chops in a single layer. Sear, without moving, until browned with grill marks. Flip and sear the other side.
FYI: The outside may look done at this point, but at just a couple minutes per side, they are not. The oven in the next step will finish cooking the pork chops.
- Roast. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pork chops are done .
- Rest. Remove pork chops from the oven and transfer to a plate. Rest for 3-5 minutes.
How Long Does It Take To Bake Bone
Bone-in pork chops with the same thickness will take 5 to 15 minutes longer to cook, ranging from 30 to 35 minutes. It will take around 20 to 25 minutes to bake pork chops covered in aluminum foil with a 1-inch thickness at 350 degrees. Covered bone-in pork chops should be baked for an additional 5 minutes.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Knoxville Tn Menu
How Do You Make Shake And Bake Pork Chops Not Soggy
Use a baking rack. If you dont have a dedicated baking rack, a cookie rack or even a broiler pan will work almost as well. Putting the pork chops on a rack allows the hot air to circulate evenly across all the surfaces of the meat so youre not left with a soggy bottom. Nobody likes a soggy bottom.
Baked Bone In Pork Chops
Published: This post may contain affiliate links · This blog generates income via ads ·
If you are looking for a delicious way to cook pork chops then try this baked bone in pork chops recipe. This main dish recipe is easy to make, perfect for those busy weeknights.
These baked bone in pork chops are so juicy and flavorful. They started in the skillet then finished cooking in the oven.
Don’t Miss: Can You Bake With Almond Milk
How Long To Bake Pork Chops
Depending on the thickness of your chops, whether they have been seared or not, and whether they are bone-in or boneless, the baking time is different. I always achieve great results when baking them at 400°F for about 15-18 minutes for 1-inch thick, bone-in pork chops that have been seared before baking. Add 2 more minutes if your pork chops are not seared. For thicker pork chops, you will need to add extra times.
Dont Miss These Additional Oven Baked Recipes Here At When Is Dinner:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
In a large zip-top bag, combine the bread crumbs, Panko, vegetable oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Stir until the mixture is crumbly and well combined.
Wet each pork chop, then place it in the bag.
Shake to coat both sides of the chop.
Place the coated pork chops on the wire rack.
Sprinkle remaining breadcrumb mixture over the top of the pork chops.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pork chops are cooked through.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Box Lunch Order Form
Pork Chops Recipe Ingredients
This oven baked pork chop recipe uses a very simple dry rub that is super flavorful. However, feel free to customize the seasonings and spices if you prefer.
- Pork Chops: In this recipe, I use boneless pork chops that are 1-inch thick minimum. Bone-in pork chops are also an excellent option.
- Olive Oil: Canola oil, avocado oil and coconut oil can be used as well.
- Seasonings: Brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Can I Use Boneless Pork Chops
Yes, you can substitute boneless pork chops to turn this into an Oven Baked Boneless Pork Chops Recipe. They will require a shorter baking time. About 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Also Check: How To Bake Frozen French Fries