Can You Use Hersheys Milk Chocolate Instead Of Chocolate Chips
Great question! And the answer is yes, but note that the milk chocolate will need to be chopped, and know that it will melt when mixed into the cereal mixture more than chips will. Hersheys milk chocolate is very soft and melt quicklywhich is what makes it so great on smores. But chips hold their shape better, which is nice in these Smores Bars, because you get little bites of chocolate throughout!
Of course, the chips melt a little toojust not as much as the bars.
How To Make The Best No Bake Smores Bars
Over the years, we have learned a lot of tips to help when making no bake treats with marshmallows. These tips work for all variations of Rice Krispie treats and these No Bake Smores Bars too!
-Make sure to not use stale marshmallows. Seriously. Recently purchased marshmallows work best.
-Watch that you dont overcook. You want to heat the chocolate and marshmallow mixture over low heat just until it is completely melted.
-Always remember the butter. The marshmallow-butter combination helps keep the treats soft and chewy, so dont leave it out or reduce the measurement.
-Dont chill in the refrigerator. Even if you want them to set quickly, I find this just dries the marshmallow treats out more quickly.
-Store in an airtight container on the counter top.
Two: Make The Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
This ganache is heavenly. Start by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring often. Once the chocolate has melted, add in the coconut milk and mix until its smooth and creamy. Pour over the graham cracker crust and let it chill in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
Also Check: Kiko Bright Quartet Baked Eyeshadow Palette
No Bake Desserts Are Perfect For Summer
Not to worry. Ive got the perfect smores no bake dessert to get us all through the hot summer days.
These No Bake Smores Cheesecake Bars are all you could ask for in a summer dessert. A graham cracker crust, marshmallow cheesecake, and a milk chocolate ganache is the perfect way to incorporate all that smores flavor without setting foot near a fire.
You Just Need 6 Ingredients
- graham crackers feel free to use gluten free ones as needed.
- Medjool dates I always used Medjool dates because theyre soft and super juicy. But if your dates are a little dry, you can soak them in water first.
- ground cinnamon adds a little extra flavor to the crust, balancing out the sweetness from the dates.
- cashew butter You can also use almond butter, peanut butter, or a blend. If youre looking for a nut-free friendly version, sunbutter would also work.
- chocolate chips I like dark but feel free to use your favorite. If making for kids, you might want to use a semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate.
- mini marshmallows wouldnt be a smores without marshmallows! You could use regular sized marshmallows as well, I just havent made them that way.
You May Like: How To Bake Sweet Potatoe Fries
How To Make No Bake Smores Bars:
These No Bake Smores Bars are one of our favorite desserts to make. These bars are so easy to make that even my 8-year-old can make them!
Combine mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. You will end up mixing 4 cups of cereal in this saucepan, so be sure to use a pan that is big enough for that.
Continue stirring the chocolate mixture until completely melted.
Once melted, remove from heat and mix in vanilla.
Add cereal to the saucepan and mix until evenly coated. Gently fold in the remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips.
Press mixture into a 9×9-inch baking pan thats been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Let cool until set up and cut into bars and serve. I usually cut this recipe into 9 squares, but you could cut this into 12 to feed more people.
You could even double this recipe and press it into a 9×13-inch pan if you are looking to have a few more bars. Trust me, after you try these you are going to wish you had more of them.
It typically takes about an hour for the bars to set up at room temperature, but if you are short on time you can put them in the fridge to set up faster.
Related Recipe: Youll love these Homemade Smores Brownies Recipe and our EASY Smores Cookie Cups!
Why Should You Make Baked Smores
But in case you are all out of marshmallow fluff I have an alternative method that is very easy, quick and just as delicious. This method involves baking the crackers, or the ultimate hack is to buy a graham cracker pie crust and totally skip this step. Then you bake the marshmallow and chocolate to ooey gooey perfection!!
This is an AMAZING dessert option to bring to a barbecue, a backyard party or simply because it is summer and we all want to have fun!
These no-bake smores bars are a fun spin on the classic smores. They are the perfect combination of sweet, chewy and crunchy, an indulging summer dessert you wont resist!
**I must warn you, these smores bars dont last long as it is nearly impossible to put them down. They are highly addictive and insanely delicious, so plan accordingly half batch to be mindful, double batch if you are feeling indulgent. Either way you must go-for-it!!
- 9piecesgraham crackers,crumbs
- 6tbspunsalted butter, melted
- 9ozchocolate melted
- 1cupmarshmallow cream/ fluff
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Simpsonville Sc
How To Make No Bake Smores Bars
Butter a 9X13 pan. You can use non-stick spray as well, but I like to use real butter when I make no bake treats. My favorite way to butter a pan is to place my hand in a plastic sandwich bag and put a little bit of butter on the edge where my fingertips are. Spread the butter around the bottom and up the sides of the pan until evenly coated.
Measure the cereal out and place it in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, heat 6 cups of marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Add the melted chocolate mixture to the cereal and mix until evenly coated. Let the mixture sit for a minute or two to cool a bit and then stir in the remaining marshmallows. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Let sit for at least an hour before cutting into bars and serving. Store at room temperature.
What Type Of Chocolate Should I Use
You can use any type of chocolate chip that you prefer. Milk chocolate will be more smore-like in flavor as youre more likely to use Hershey bars when making the real deal campfire smores, but semi-sweet chocolate chips work great too and add in a nice flavor contrast as well. You can try it both ways and see which one you prefer.
You May Like: Baked Mac And Cheese Delivery
So Lets Break It Down Step By Step:
1. Combine the Karo® Light Corn Syrup and Evaporated Milk in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 ½ minutes.2. Stir in the chocolate chips until completely melted.3. Add the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. The mixture will be glossy!4. Last, carefully fold in the graham cracker pieces and marshmallows until evenly distributed.5. Press the homemade fudge into a 9 x 9 pan lined with parchment paper on all sides. Chill the fudge for 2 hours or overnight to set!
How To Make No
Read Also: Personalized Boxes For Baked Goods
Ingredients For Smores Bars
These fudgy smores bars come together in less than 10 minutes with only 8 ingredients. Pop them in the fridge for a few hours and youll be feasting on fudge in no time. So, heres your grocery list:
- Evaporated milk: Evaporated milk is shelf stable canned milk. As the name implies, about half of the liquid you would find in normal milk has been evaporated off! Make sure youre using evaporated milk and NOT sweetened condensed milk, which has added sugar!
- Karo® Light Corn Syrup: Karo® Light Corn Syrup is a nonnegotiable ingredient in this no bake fudge. It provides sweetness AND a smooth texture, making it the perfect base for these fudgy no bake bars!
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips: Obviously you need chocolate in fudge! Make sure youre using semisweet or dark chocolate chips to prevent your fudge from being too sweet!
- Powdered Sugar: A little powdered sugar will firm up and sweeten your no bake bars to get them to that perfect rich, melt in your mouth consistency!
- Vanilla Extract: Dont forget about the vanilla! Use pure vanilla extract to take your fudge from good to great.
- Salt: Salt is SO important in baked goods. Adding a pinch of salt will really deepen the flavor profile and help the chocolate flavor shine.
- Graham Crackers: You cant have smores fudge without graham crackers! Theyll add a little crunch and nutty sweetness to your fudge.
- Mini Marshmallows: Fold in mini marshmallows for sweet and airy complement to the dense and fudgy bars.
Golden Graham Smores Bars Are The Perfect Summer No Bake Dessert
Its about that time of year when smores are on repeat for the next few months. I stock up on marshmallows, graham crackers, and milk chocolate from now until Labor Day
And while campfire smores are pretty tough to beat, its fun to create other desserts using the classic smores flavors. Plus, smores cravings can hit when youre least expecting itand we all might not have a campfire at our disposal. Which brings me to the these Golden Graham Smores Bars! Youve got all the flavors and gooey-ness of a smoreand no fire necessary!
Recommended Reading: Free Shipping Baked By Melissa
Microwave The Butter And Most Of The Marshmallows
Microwave the marshmallows and butter
Measure out 4 cups of mini marshmallows and put them in a microwave safe bowl with 3 tablespoons of butter. Microwave for a minute, or until the marshmallows puff up. Remove from microwave and stir.
Stir until the marshmallow and butter mixture is smooth like this.
How To Store Smores Fudge Bars
Fudge is one of those magical confections that lasts for weeks. And this no bake smores fudge is no exception. You can store this smores bars in an airtight container or in a cookie tin for up to 1 month, or freeze for up to 3! So, if youre looking for a sweet treat to ship to a friend, whip up a few days before a party, or drop off as a thank you, this smores fudge recipe is exactly what youre looking for.
Now its your turn to go celebrate all the warm weather no bake treats. We hope you enjoy these no bake smores fudge bars just as much as we do!
Read Also: Best Honey Baked Ham Delivery
A Fun Cooking Project For Kids
Kids love these homemade granola bars and can help make them!
This recipe is a fun one to make with the kids. My 5 year old loves cooking with us and this one recipe that she can do almost by herself.
Almost. She needs a little help with measuring things and definitely cant be left alone with the mini chocolate chips or mini marshmallows. But then again, who can be left alone with those items?
With no chopping, no sharp things and little opportunity to get burned, its a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen.
Tips For Making No Bake Peanut Butter Smores Bars
- Dont skip lining the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. The bars are much easier to remove and slice when they are in an aluminum foil or parchment paper sling. Just remove the sling of bars from the pan, slice the bars, and replace the sling back into the pan.
- Make sure to press the graham cracker mixture firmly into the baking dish. This will keep the crust from falling apart when its cut.
- You can use an 8×8 inch or a 9×9 inch baking dish. The bars pictured were made in an 8×8 inch baking dish.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Tulsa Ok
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Looking to satisfy that sweet craving and get a little pick me up at the same time? Pop one of these peanut butter energy bites into your mouth to meet both requirements.
With only 5 simple ingredients, that you probably already have in your pantry, this No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites Recipe is so good you’ll think it’s a dessert!
Ingredient Information That’s Helpful To Know:
- Butter: I encourage you to use salted butter- it brings out all the other flavors better than unsalted.
- Graham Cracker Cereal: Most stores have Golden Grahams cereal, but generic brand works just fine as well.
- although some cereal bar recipes call for larger marshmallows, this one was written specifically for mini marshmallows, because some of them aren’t getting completely melted. Make sure you have a a few extra to sprinkle on top!
- Chocolate Chips: make sure you have a a few extra to sprinkle on top!
Recommended Reading: Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Pasta Bake Recipes
How To Make Smores Bars
Youâll make these the same way you make rice krispies because the marshmallowy base is the same.
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter S’mores Bars
Step 1: For the crust, combine butter and peanut butter and melt in microwave. Add graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Press into pan.Step 2: For the filling, combine peanut butter and butter and melt in microwave. Sift in powdered sugar and pour over crust. Press marshmallows into filling.Step 3: For the topping, melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave and pour over filling. Refrigerate.
NOTE: I highly recommend an offset spatula for spreading the topping on the filling. It’s also great for cake decorating and any time you need to spread batter in a pan.
That’s it! You’re only a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps away from one of the best. desserts. ever.
Did I mention no-bake desserts are dreamy in the summertime? That’s why we make so many batches of crunchy peanut butter no bake cookies, easy no bake peanut butter bars , and all the krispie treats.
Jonesing for your own pan of no bake peanut butter s’mores bars? Printable recipe below& Mdash enjoy!
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Bentonville Ar
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make No Bake S’mores Bars
- Golden Grahams Cereal – these act as the “graham crackers” in the s’mores. They stay nice and crunchy, giving these bars such a delightful texture.
- Corn Syrup – this helps give the soft, chewy texture to these bars.
- Milk Chocolate Chips – like a classic s’mores, milk chocolate is a very important piece of the puzzle! These chips are melted into the bars, so you get some in every bite.
- Butter – this helps with texture and flavor )
- Vanilla – yep, you guessed it, FLAVOR!
More Smores Treats To Try
- Break apart chocolate bars and place in a heat-proof container.
- Heat heavy whipping cream to scalding hot and pour over the top of the chocolate.
- Let sit for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache over the top of the chilled cheesecake layer.
- Return to refrigerator and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows and place under broiler for 30 seconds or until marshmallows are golden. You could also use a torch or leave them as is.
- Slice into bars and serve.
Read Also: Can You Freeze Baked Cookies
Easy No Bake Smores Cereal Bars
Posted on Last updated:
These easy no bake smores bars taste like a trip down memory lane Crunchy graham cracker cereal, sweet and gooey mini marshmallows, and all that silky smooth milk chocolate, whats not to love?!
Elementary school seems like it was a lifetime ago and I guess it kind of was But I can still remember the thrill of walking into the cafeteria mid-day to find these smores bars on the lunch menu. Those were always the best days!
I mean, whats not to love? Crunchy graham cracker cereal, sweet and gooey mini marshmallows, and all that silky smooth milk chocolate. Only two things could top them impromptu spelling bees and library day . I guess you could say I was a bit of a nerd, lol.
Its been many years since Ive made them, but when Malt-O-Meal recently sent me a bag of their Honey Graham Toasters Cereal, my tried and true smores bars recipe immediately popped into my head.
My kids, on the other hand, wanted to tear into the bag immediately, as they do with all cereal as soon as it enters our home. Its a running joke in our family that we spend more on cereal and milk each week than on produce and meat. And its very nearly true! They seriously DO down an inordinate amount of cereal on a weekly basis.
And? Truth be told, Malt-O-Meal would have had me at the resealable bag. I mean, why dont all bagged products come with this feature?!?