How Do You Bake A Frozen Apple Pie
A: To bake a frozen apple pie, you will need to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the apples in a baking dish and cover them with sugar. Bake for about 10 minutes until the apples are soft and then add some cinnamon and nutmeg. Finally, sprinkle on some flour and pour in some milk.
Does Canned Pie Filling Need To Be Cooked
Really there is no health reason to bake or otherwise heat up canned pie fillings. They are canned hot and precooked to set the filling and kill off microbes. Barbara Forbes-Lyons, At home in the kitchen for more than 4 decades. There is no need to bake the pie canned filling and the premade crust are ready to eat.
Should I Let The Apple Pie Cool Before I Serve It
If you want this pie to slice nicely , then let it cool to room temperature before serving. Hot apple pie is delicious but the apples will slice and stay inside your pie if you wait. Its up to you. Sometimes I cut into hot pie and just scoop some of the apples out of the pie plate, and sometimes I wait. Its up to you.
Also Check: How To Bake Orange Roughy
Why Do You Put Butter In Apple Pie
Some say that scattering small bits of butter over a fruit filling keeps the juices from bubbling over in the same way that adding a bit of fat to simmering jam keeps it from foaming up in the preserving pan. The theory is that the fat disrupts the formation of bubbles on the surface of the viscous fruit mixture.
Also Check: Key Lime Pie The Profit
Perfect Apple Pie Recipe
Heating Fully Baked Pies: Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Put the pie, turnovers, or pastry on a cookie sheet on foil or parchment, and lightly cover with foil. For a 9-inch pie, heat for 15-20 minutes. A 5-inch pie will take about 12-15 minutes and turnovers will take about 10-12 minutes.
How long does homemade apple pie filling last in the fridge? Let the pie filling cool completely so it thickens. Once the apple filling is cool, use it in a recipe, store in in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in a Mason jar, or freeze in zip-top bags.
You should bake the pies initially for about 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375 F and bake for 20 to 30 more minutes, or until the crust is light brown. Do not allow a completely thawed raw apple pie to stay at room temperature for longer than a few minutes to minimize the growth of bacteria in the crust and filling.
Place pie on a large baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove pie from oven and put a pie crust shield or cover edges with foil. Lower oven temperature to 375 F and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
How long does it take to bake a pie? A pie with a raw fruit filling will bake for about an hour. Berry, apple, and pear pies cook for about 45 minutes. When using a pre-cooked filling, pies can bake at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time, just enough to thoroughly bake the crust and heat the filling.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Mechanicsburg Pa
How Long Does It Take To Thaw A Frozen Pie Crust
Let refrigerated crusts stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, or microwave one pouch on DEFROST for 10 to 20 seconds before unfolding. Remove frozen crusts from box and let stand at room temperature 60 to 90 minutes before unfolding. Expert tip: If you thaw a frozen pie crust, dont refreeze it.
Tips For Deep Dishing
Each bite of this pie is stacked with sweet spiced apples. Theres clearly no shortage of apple slices, so if youre crazy for apple pie, this is a must in your baking future. Top it with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel because you and I dont mess around when it comes to dessert. A dollop of whipped cream would be excellent here, too!
Don’t Miss: Bak Bakflip Mx4 Tonneau Cover
Should I Freeze Apple Pie Before Or After Baking
Yes, you can freeze apple pie. It is best to freeze apple pie before baking, but you can freeze it after baking as well. Both baked and unbaked apple pie will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. If you freeze the apple pie filling by itself, it will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 12 months.
How Do You Bake A Frozen Pumpkin Pie
BAKING INSTRUCTIONS Place oven rack in center position. Remove frozen pie from box, and remove plastic overwrap from pie. Center frozen pie on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, and place in preheated oven. Check pie after 55 minutes for doneness. Remove pie on cookie sheet from oven using oven mitts.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham New Port Richey
Cooling And Storing Apple Pie
The hardest part of pie baking is waiting for the pie to cool completely before slicing. The cooler your pie is, the cleaner your slices will be. Warm apple pie with ice cream is amazing, though, so if thats your goal, you still might want to give this pie at least an hour to cool . Leftover apple pie keeps well in the fridge for up to three days.
Final Tips For Making Mini Apple Pies
- For the classic sweet-but-tart apple pie taste, use Granny Smith apples.
- No milk? Make the egg wash without milk by using water in its place.
- To make a freezer stash, freeze mini pies assembled, but not baked.
- To bake frozen mini apple pies, brush them with an egg wash and bake at 400 for 28-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serving suggestions: add a homemade salted caramel drizzle or serve them in small bowls with a scoop of vanilla bean or pumpkin ice cream.
- For a variation on this dessert, swap out cherry pie filling for the apples.
I want to see your pies! Find me on Instagram to show me pics .
For more restaurant-style food you can make at home, check out the Sip Bite Go channel.
Find new ways to enjoy your favorite food with sous vide cooking with my new book The Home Chefs Sous Vide Cookbook.
Read Also: Baked Mac And Cheese Chick Fil A
Apple Pie Troubleshooting Tips
Need help perfecting your pie recipe or fixing common slipups? Weve got tips.
- The filling is too watery: Despite our best efforts, apple filling can sometimes be too runny. This depends so much on the moisture of the apples. If youre particularly worried about a soggy filling, you can precook the apples for a few minutes, as Joanna Gaines does in her signature pie recipe. Then you can drain the apples and then mix up the filling as normal.
- The apples are too mushy: Be savvy about the apples you choose. Opt for firm, tart apples like Cortlands and Granny Smiths. Avoid apples like Red Delicious.
- The crust gets too brown: Dont skip those crust shields! They do wonders to preserve the color of your pie.
- Slicing the pie is messy: Wait! Thats all there is to it. Waiting overnight will yield the best results.
How To Make Quick And Easy Apple Pie
Bring the pie crust to room temperature before you get started so that its easier to unroll without ripping.
You May Like: Churchs Chicken Apple Pie
Also Check: Companies That Ship Baked Goods
How To Bake An Apple Pie From Scratch
wikiHow is a wiki, similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. To create this article, 252 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. This article has been viewed 2,398,243 times.Learn more
Though a store-bought apple pie can give you some of the sweet, rich flavor youre craving, nothing beats an apple pie that you make at home from scratch. Not only is making an apple pie not as hard as it sounds, but making it yourself will help you cut costs and to make a pie that is as fresh as possible. It is also more healthy. All you have to do is make the crust, fill it with diced apples and a variety of spices and then layer extra sections of the crust over the filling to make the top of the pie. If you follow these instructions, youll see that making an apple pie thats as good as your grandmothers is as easy as pie.
How To Make Apple Pie
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories In Bush’s Baked Beans
Top Tips For Making Apple Pie
Baking homemade pies was always something that intimidated me in the past. They seem so complicated, but the reality is that they can be pretty simple. This easy recipe is proof of that! If I can manage to make a pie crust and bake a fruit pie from scratch, then trust me, you all can too.
Thats one EASY homemade recipe if you ask me. Nothing complicated, just a few simple steps! Be sure to watch the video to see the recipe in action!
Question: How Long To Bake Apple Pie
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Oven method: Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Create your hand pies per the directions below. Instead of placing the apple hand pies in the air fryer basket, place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake the hand pies at 25-35 minutes, until golden brown.
Baking an Uncooked Fruit Pie Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Unwrap your frozen fruit pie and cover it with aluminum foil. Place it on a cookie sheet to catch spillage. Bake the pie for 15 minutes. Uncover the pie and bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until the crust turns golden and the filling begins to bubble.
When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. Do not thaw pie because no one wants a soggy pie. Bake 25 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and apples are hot and soft when pricked with a fork.
Place the pie filling in a freezer-to-oven safe dish or a foil tin. Roll the pastry out, place on the top of the pie and freeze before baking. To bake from frozen, preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and bake the pie for 40-50 minutes until golden-brown and piping hot inside.
You May Like: How To Make Baked Stuffed Peppers
How Long For Apple Pie To Bake
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter. Place second pie crust on top of filling and flute the edges. Cut vents in top crust and brush with milk for a glazed appearance if desired. Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
How Long Does Apple Pie Take
Even when following a recipe, one of the most common complaints about apple pie is that the filling is overly watery.
To bake, preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the pie for 20 minutes, or until the top begins to softly brown. Reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour or more.
If the top of the pie begins to brown too much during baking, simply tent it with aluminum foil. Allow for an hour of cooling time before cutting into the pie, then serve plain or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
Also Check: Honey Baked Online Promo Code
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 Serve fresh apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, warm caramel sauce or whipped cream.
- tip 2 If you cant find Bettys pie crust mix, we love using Pillsburys premade pie crust. Or if you want to make your own pie crust from scratch, try using our Perfect Baked Pie Crust. It only calls for four ingredients and is totally worth the effort.
- tip 3 Ever wonder what apple you should use to bake pies? We recommend using a firm, crisp apple like Granny Smith, Honey Crisp or Pink Lady. They will hold their shape better when cooking in a pie. For more tips, heres our guide on How to Bake with Apples.
Also Check: What Is Bean Pie Made Out Of
More Baking Tips For Apple Pie
- Use a trusted pie crust recipe. We always use this homemade pie crust recipe for our pies.
- Prepare the apple pie filling first and set it aside for 1 hour, allowing the apples to release their juices then mix the apples and the juices with a thickener like cornstarch or tapioca starch.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 75 minutes, turning a few times for even browning. The long bake time makes sure that the filling thickens inside the pie.
- If your crust starts to brown too quickly or looks to be turning too dark, mold a large piece of foil over a bowl thats been placed upside down to make a foil dome. Place the foil dome over the pie for the remaining bake time. This will slow the browning.
- Let apple pie cool before cutting into it. For the best results, the filling should be room temperature or cold before slicing. Cooling the pie gives the liquid inside a chance to thicken even more, which means it wont spill out into a pool when you cut into the pie.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Katy Tx
How To Thicken Fruit Pies
Without thickeners , fruit pies can end up soupy and impossible to slice. Here are some options to rescue even the thinnest of fillings. Which one you use is a matter of personal preference.
1) Cornstarch makes for a shiny, glossy filling. A little goes a long way because it has twice the gelling power of flour.
2) Flour thickens nicely but leaves more of a matte finish. You’ll need to use twice as much as you would with cornstarch.
3) Quick-cooking tapioca and tapioca flour give a glossy, clear finish, and sometimes a little stippling if you use larger tapioca granules or if they’re not softened enough before heating. It’s made from yuca , the starchy root vegetable also known as cassava or manioc.
4) Potato starch behaves like cornstarch and is usually used at Passover in lieu of flour.
5) Instant ClearJel, a cornstarch derivative often used in canned pie fillings, has strong holding power, and unlike other thickeners, it won’t break down if the pie is frozen.
6) Arrowroot thickens too quickly for baked pie fillings.