Bakflip Mx4 Water Test
Well, no truck cover will offer 100% waterproof property. But if you install the cover properly, it can offer that protection up to a very good extent. This cover shows leakage in some cases due to problems in rubber edge sealing. If the quality of that rubber is improved, this cover can offer much more than what it offers now.
Bak Tonneau Covers In Canada
TDot Performance is a fully Canadian owned and operated business. Because we are an authorized Canadian dealer of BAK products, you are covered by the complete manufacturer’s warranty when you buy from us. Most importantly, our customers pay no shipping, customs, duties, or border fees. Can’t find a specific BAK Product on our website? Make sure to give us a call.
Bakflip Mx4 Truck Bed Cover Review
When you start researching to try and find the best Tonneau bed covers for their truck, their primary concern is finding a cover that can protect the important cargo from the elements, and a way to secure their belongings. BakFlip MX4 by BAK Industries offering certainly covers these requirements and more. The MX4 tonneau cover is a functional hard fold up cover with 4 panels that has all the standard features of a bed cover.
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Also Check: Kansas City Steaks Twice Baked Potatoes
Bakflip Mx4 Best Price
The price of BAKFlip is roughly around a thousand dollars. Whenever you go into the market to buy something, you always keep in mind the affordability and value for the money. It is good to think like that because quality does not always depend on the pricing. Just look for your desired features and lock the product that you find affordable in those features.
BAKFlip MX4 has a very good price when you look at the features and stuff. I would say that it is worth your thousand dollars.
Elements & Water Resistance
The MX4 tonneau cover is designed to repel water and does a good job of keeping moisture out along its surface. There is an opportunity for water to leak in along the rail edges of the cover though even though there is a rubber seal system Ultimately no truck bed cover is 100% waterproof. However, if properly installed the BAKFlip in a leader in its class at keeping the bed dry. Although gaps at the tailgate and other areas of the bed can allow minimal water in, there are also special installation techniques to become the most watertight fit possible. Local BAK Authorized Dealers experts are standing by for a professional installation for you to ensure the best possible outcome to fit your needs.
Recommended Reading: Baked Pork Chops And Rice
Bakflip Mx4 Truck Bed Cover Features
The first thing that you ask about while buying a product is its features. So, let me get you through all of this products features. Here you go!
- The latest feature of BAKFlip MX4 allows you to close with a tailgate . It features robust aluminum panels to cater to the elevated style and reflects an incredible matte finish.
- The infrastructure is pretty resilient to offer a sturdy experience. Along with that, the design is sleek, flush-mount, and low-profile.
- The foldability is just phenomenal! It gets folded upright against the cab provided. Hence, you get 100% access to your truck bed when you dont need the cover on it.
- Injection molding makes its latch housing even more robust. You can open the cover from either side with ease and facility.
- The cover, when folded, does not obstruct the third brake light of your truck. Thus, it allows the safe hauling of cargo.
- The prop rods are pretty durable. Not just that, they get folded with quite an ease, and you would not require any tooling for that.
The following advantages go in when you buy this amazing BAKFlip MX4.
- Robust latches with an automatic system ensure great security
- When folded, you get 100% bed access to haul your cargo easily
- The design is incredible, owing to the even distribution of load all over it.
- The outlook is incredible when matte finish plays its role
- Provides a decent amount of weather protection
- The installation is pretty easy with an easy procedure
Summary Of My Opinion
In short, BAKFlip MX4 has many upsides and a few downsides. You get a robust, functional, and secure cover in the form of this product. Although the installation is pretty easy, there are some cons, like rubber seal malfunctioning. But overall, it is good to go product.
Note: If you want to know about the difference of bakflip Mx4 and undercover ultra flex, check out our latest guide Undercover Ultra Flex VS BAKFlip MX4.
Recommended Reading: What To Bake With Bananas
Hard Folding Tonneau Covers
Hard Folding Tonneau covers are a popular cover style because of their durability and functionality. BAK’s patented BAKFlip design is the most recognizable tonneau cover in this category. The BAKFlip is the only hard folding tonneau cover on the market that can be retracted to reveal the entire truck bed. BAKFlip tonneau covers also feature BAK’s patented “No Profile” design, giving them the most streamlined and aerodynamic profile on the market. The BAKFlip design is so successful that Ford Motor Company uses it on all of its trucks. To accommodate different needs, the outstanding BAKFlip is available in a variety of configurations. Below is a table highlighting the differences between the various BAKFlip models.
What Is The Bakflip Mx4
The BAKFlip MX4 is a hard-folding cover, crafted with a premium-density foam core topped with ultra-durable aluminum panels and then treated with a flat matte finish. These panels are easy to operate, flipping open to allow partial or full bed access in seconds. And the construction ensures that they can take a beatingrated to hold as much as 400 pounds of evenly distributed weight while resisting scratches, dents, and fading from harmful UV-rays.
The MX4 mounts flush with the truck bed, creating an extremely low-profile design that nicely complements OE styling, keeping things looking factory-fresh. Plus, a dual-action tailgate seal means you can close the truck bed cover with the tailgate in the closed or open position, and a patented latch system lets you lock each panel into place individually and automatically. This versatility is a large part of why the BAKFlip MX4 is Americas #1 hard-folding tonneau cover.
Other unique features of the MX4 are the EPDM outer rail seals for maximum water resistance, an injection-molded latch housing for long-term durability, and a simple no-drill, clamp-on installation.
Read Also: Simple Baked Macaroni And Cheese
One Tonneau Cover That Balances Security And Accessibility Rather Well
With decades of combined experience covering the latest news, reviewing the greatest gear, and advising you on your next car purchase, The Drive is the leading authority on all things automotive.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
BY Austin Fracchia / LAST UPDATED ON July 29, 2021
This bed cover isnt the best in terms of absolute security and protection, but it does offer a lot in terms of quick installation and use. As a result, we recommend this cover as a budget option for anyone who doesnt have anything covering their truck bed.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Limited theft protection like many soft folding truck tonneau covers.
- Limited compatibility with older Dodge Rams, Ford F150s, Chevy Silverados, etc.
- Weight of the cover can make ease of use and installation a bit difficult at first.
- Lacks noticeable gains in fuel economy.
- Not much of a low-profile design. The overhand may restrict access to bed rails, tie down points, and other accessories. Might be difficult to use with some bed liners.
TheDrive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
About The Bakflip Mx4
BAKFlip is a line of hard folding tonneau covers that gives you security and weather protection for small cargo while also offering you near-total bed access when you need to haul large items. BAK Industries designed and patented the popular BakFlip hard folding tonneau, which is the only hard folding truck bed cover to give you full access to the entire truck bed. While tri-fold tonneau covers are very popular, BAK has taken the category to new heights with it’s range of BakFlip Quad-fold tonneau covers. While many of these covers seem similar at a glance, the differences are in the details.
Also Check: Best Way To Clean Baked On Grease On Stove Top
See Whats New And Popular
PUTCO VENTURE TEC RACK
Website created by The Childress Agency
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Analytics”.|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.|
This heavy-duty, all-season truck bed cover is designed to perform in the most extreme conditions. The MX4s resilient infrastructure is designed for everyday use, with upgraded components that provide enhanced resistance to the elements without compromising its sleek, low-profile look and feel. The MX4s solid and robust design is flush mount, and backed by an extended 3-year warranty.
- Durable Aluminum Matte Finish Panels
- Universal Tailgate Operation with Dual Action Seal
- Injection Molded Latch Housing for Long-Term Durability
- Premium Density Foam Core
- Advanced Scratch and Scuff Resistance
- Rated up to 400 lbs. of Evenly Distributed Weight
- Extended 3-year Warranty
- EPDM Outer Rail Seals for Maximum Water Resistance
- Automatic Latching Panels
- 3rd Brake Light Visibility
- No-Drill, Clamp-On Installation
Also Check: Baked Apple Cider Donuts New York Times