How To Roast Whole Turkey Breasts
Turkey breasts cook up tender and delicious, and are easy to roast when you follow these instructions:
You can roast a frozen turkey breast too. Just follow these steps:
Why Cook A Butterball Turkey Breast
Its Huge-One Butterball turkey breast is enough to serve up to 10 people! Thats a complete main course for a crowd in one pan.
It Welcomes Flavors-You can season the Butterball turkey breast with a wide array of spices and seasonings. Be it rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning, garlic, sage, or even a combination of numerous herbs and spices. You can also use vegetables and aromatics like onions, parsnips, carrots, butternut squash, and shallots.
The Recipe is Easy-The Butterball turkey breast is a rather straightforward recipe for an oven-roasted poultry dish. And it takes a shockingly short period to be ready.
What Is The Best Way To Cook Frozen Burgers
Tips how to cook frozen hamburger patties: One of the best options is to cook your burgers in a flat pan on medium-high heat. Then, add a teaspoon of olive oil to the pan and let it heat up. Add the frozen patties and cook them for about 6-7 minutes and if you havent added any seasoning, now is the time to do it.
Read Also: No Bake Recipes For Kids
How To Cook A Turkey According To Butterball
Are you wondering how best to cook your thanksgiving turkey this year?
Don’t worry, Butterball has the answers to any turkey questions you ever could have. Not only that, they provide recipes and a “Turkey Talk-Line.”
The talk line is provides answers to all turkey questions in English and Spanish from now until December 24. It’s open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. ET, and on Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET. You can call at 800–288–8372 or text 844-877-3456. Butterball also has an ask Alexa feature for enabled devices.
Butterball lists six steps to the turkey prep process: shopping, thawing, prepping, cooking, doneness and carving. Thankfully, since thawing, prepping, and cooking depend on the size of the turkey, Butterball provides an interactive map to successfully cook the bird. Here’s a quick summary:
No matter the size, seasoning, or stuffing, roasting a turkey is easy with these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 325 ° F
- Drain juices and pat the bird dry with paper towel
- Place turkey breast side up on a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Brush or spray with vegetable or cooking oil
- Place an oven-safe meat thermometer into the lower part of the thigh to allow for monitoring doneness
- Place turkey in the oven. When almost done, loosely cover breast and drumsticks with foil to prevent overcooking.
Is It Best To Cook Burgers From Frozen
Yes, you can cook burgers straight out of the freezer. However, the patties will take longer to cook, and you will have less control over their doneness than when thawed. Most of the time, the burgers will come out medium to medium-well done. When outside, cook frozen burgers on a preheated flat-top grill.
You May Like: How To Bake Frozen Turkey Burgers
How Do You Make Butterball Turkey Burgers
Cooking Instructions Prepare grill for medium direct-heat cooking. Place patties on cook grate. Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink in the center, turning once or twice. Cook until center is well done, reaching 165°F as measured with a meat thermometer.
Recipe: Stuffing Waffle Sandwich
- 1 package turkey-flavored instant stuffing mix
- 1 egg
- 2 large sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 cooked BUTTERBALL® Turkey Breast, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted turkey gravy
- 1 cup green beans
- Special Equipment: foil, nonstick cooking spray, waffle maker
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham West Palm Beach
How Do I Keep My Turkey Moist
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. Brine the turkey. Rub soft butter under the skin. Truss loosely, or not at all. Roast the turkey upside down at first. Dont overcook it. Let the turkey rest before carving.
Do You Cook Turkey Breast Up Or Down
Cook the turkey breast -side down. The breast is also more protected from the heat, which helps keep it from getting too dried out. Use a meat thermometer to take out any guess work of when the turkey is done. Cook the turkey stuffing separately, not in the cavity, which makes it easier to cook the turkey more evenly.
Read Also: Bake A Potato In An Air Fryer
How To Cook Thawed Turkey Breast Butterball
How To Cook A Turkey: 3 Tips To Know
How does my mother do it? Here are her three keys to cooking a perfect turkey:
- Cook the turkey breast side down. While the turkey roasts, the juices fall down towards the breast, resulting in the most succulent meat. The breast is also more protected from the heat, which helps keep it from getting too dried out.
- Use a meat thermometer to take out any guess work of when the turkey is done.
- Cook the turkey stuffing separately, not in the cavity, which makes it easier to cook the turkey more evenly.
You May Like: Where To Sell Home Baked Goods
More About How To Cook Butterball Turkey Roast Recipes
INSTANT POT TURKEY ROAST – ONE HAPPY HOUSEWIFE
- Prepare Spice Rub: In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika, ground mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare Roast: Rub the olive oil with spices all over the turkey roast. Place the roast on the trivet. Add the chicken stock to the pressure cooker and lower the roast into the pot on the trivet.
- 25-Minute Cook Time: Close the Instant Pot, set the pressure release valve to ‘Sealing’ and cook on ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’, ‘High Pressure’ for 25 minutes.
- FULL NPR: Once the cooking time has completed, allow for a Full Natural Pressure Release which can range from 12 to 15 minutes. After the NPR has finished and the pin has fallen, open the pot.
BONELESS TURKEY BREAST ROAST – IFOODREAL.COM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium roasting pan or Dutch oven, place turkey roast and make 10-15 inserts with a paring knife. Stick garlic slice into each one until you run out of garlic.
TURKEY RECIPE, JUICY ROAST TURKEY RECIPE, HOW TO COOK A …
- Here is a fantastic tip: to protect the turkey breast and keep it juicy: Fold a large square sheet of foil into a triangle. Rub one side of your triangle with olive oil and shape the foil over the turkey breast, then remove foil it will shield your turkey breast and keep it from getting dry. You’ll apply this shield later in the roasting process.
The Internal Temperature For Roast Turkey
165Â°F is the USDA recommended internal temperature for cooked turkey. The turkey will continue to cook for several minutes after you take it out of the oven, so take it out before the meat reaches those target temperatures.
I usually take the the turkey out when the breast reaches 155Â°F to 160Â°F, and the thighs 155Â°F to 165Â°F. While white breast meat can easily dry out if its temperature gets too high, thigh meat can handle a higher internal temperature without drying out.
You May Like: Baked Mac And Cheese Nytimes
Whats The Easiest Way To Cook A Turkey
Miller recommends the Butterball method, which is a roasted turkey. First things first: thaw your turkey and gather your equipment the night before: a pan, rack, oil and a meat thermometer. Don’t have a rack for your pan? “Carrots are good or you can pull out two feet of tinfoil and scrunch it up like a snake and coil it around,” says Miller. “Then it just goes in a 325 degree oven, breast side up, brush the oil on. About 2/3 of the cooking time through, put a computer paper sized sheet of aluminum foil over the breast to slow down that to get the sides and the stuffing up to temperature. And thats about all you need to do.
How To Cook A Butterball Turkey Breast
Want to dazzle your guests with a delicious and robust dinner experience? Well, youre not the only one! Butterball turkey breasts have been saving the day for as long as we can remember. But you may wonder if its worth the effort, to begin with since youre not sure of the preparation techniques. Well, you may want to put that worry aside, as the outstanding result is worth every minute spent.
Recommended Reading: How To Bake Taco Salad Shells
What Is Special About A Butterball Turkey
Butterball turkeys are of the highest quality product and will be sure to impress your guests. We pre-brine directly in the breast meat ensuring you can take the turkey from the packaging to your pan without a lot of additional preparation before cooking and enjoy the most tender and juicy turkey possible.
Recipe: Thanksgiving Roll Ups
- 1 BUTTERBALL® Turkey Breast, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons sweet potato, mashed
- 2 teaspoons cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soup, prepared, for drizzling
- 1 package spring greens mix
- Southwest or Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Special Equipment: plastic wrap, meat tenderizer , air fryer
For turkey questions, call 1-800-BUTTERBALL.
You May Like: Creamy Baked Mac And Cheese Recipe
A Butterball Turkey Hotline Operator Answers Your Burning Questions
Cooking a turkey sounds easy enough. But once you get down to it, it becomes crystal clear how large the margin for error really is. There’s the stress of thawing the bird on time or more specifically, the horror of discovering that the turkey is still frozen when it’s time to fire up the oven. There’s walking the fine line between under-cooking and over-cooking, and the age old question: to stuff or not to stuff? Not to mention you have a whole other spread of sides and desserts to wrangle while you worry about getting the turkey carved and served on time.
To save you from dinnertime disaster this Thanksgiving, we sat down with Carol Miller, who has been calming turkey day meltdowns as a Butterball Turkey Talk Line expert for 36 years and counting. She shares the answers to the most common questions she hears from home cooks around the country, plus mistakes to avoid so you can prevent the same mishaps from occurring in your own kitchen.
Very Moist And Flavorful Roast Turkey
Does your turkey need a boost of moisture and flavor? Try this! Tweak it to your own liking as much as your imagination wants. Carve the entire turkey and save the bones, joints, tail, wing tips, drippings, and reserved onion, garlic and celery to make turkey soup. Mix the apple pieces into your dressing.
Provided by Andie
|1 whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil
|2 Granny Smith apples – cored, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges each
|1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
|½ whole head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
|1 pound celery, cut into 2-inch lengths
|1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
Nutrition Facts : Calories 774.2 calories, Carbohydrate 6.1 g, Cholesterol 284.8 mg, Fat 40.3 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 91.3 g, SaturatedFat 14.2 g, Sodium 305.3 mg, Sugar 3.5 g
You May Like: Ready To Bake Pizza Crust
Can You Cook A Turkey Burger In A Toaster Oven
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place a wire or perforated metal rack atop it. Place two 8-ounce burgers on the rack. Transfer to the toaster oven and broil the patties until the meat is nicely browned on one side, 67 minutes.
Help My Turkey Is Still Frozen What Do I Do
If it’s too late for cold water thawing, you can put it into the oven frozen, but dinner may be two hours late,” says Miller. “I tell people to have backwards Thanksgiving. Start with the pumpkin pie, then do the sides and the salads. If you have a 12 p.m. meal, and people are still around at 5, have turkey sandwiches. You have to laugh about it. And youve got a story for decades.
You May Like: Johnny’s Take And Bake Pizza
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast And Roasted Vegetables
1 BUTTERBALL® Frozen Whole Turkey Breast, thawed
¼ cup butter, softened
4 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 4 teaspoons dried sage
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound small red potatoes, halved
1 pound carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 medium onions, quartered
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2.Remove whole breast from bag. Drain juices and pat dry with paper towels. Place turkey, skin side up, in 13×9-inch baking pan.
- 3.Combine butter, sage, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons butter mixture under skin of turkey, being carefully not to tear skin. Rub 1 tablespoon butter mixture over turkey.
- 4.Combine potatoes, carrots and onions in medium bowl. Toss vegetables with remaining butter mixture spread evenly around turkey in baking pan.
- 5.Bake until vegetables are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest portion of breast registers 170°F . Place turkey breast on large cutting board. Let stand 15 minutes. Increase oven temperature to broil.
Frozen Fully Cooked Baked Turkey
10 to 18 lb. | SERVINGS: varies
Our baked turkeys are a fully cooked, hassle-free turkey option that offers easy preparation, less mess and a shorter cooking time. UPCs: 22655-29925 22655-29923 22655-29924 22655-32001 22655-29936
Available Nationwide at Select Retailers
All of our whole turkey , boneless roasts, and bone-in breasts are available in all major retailers across the country. Please be sure to check with the store manager if you do not find the item or specific size youre looking for.
Also Check: How To Bake Gluten Free
How To Roast Fresh Or Frozen Whole Turkeys
Roasting a whole turkey is easier than you think. Just follow these simple instructions for a fresh or thawed turkey:
If you dont have a roasting rack, crunch aluminum foil into a coil or use vegetables like carrots to keep your turkey off the bottom of the pan.