Tips For The Best Baked Pork Chops And Rice Recipe
- Thick cut pork chops are my preference, since they don’t dry out as easily in the oven. If you have thin pork chops, that’s fine — just pull them out of the dish sooner. The total cooking time for your pork chops will vary depending on the size, type, and thickness of your meat. Bone-in chops often take a bit longer than boneless, and thick-cut need more time than thin chops.
- The pork chops are done when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.For thick-cut bone-in chops, this typically takes about 30-45 minutes in a 350°F oven. I like to remove the chops from the dish as soon as they reach 145°F so that the meat stays juicy. If you prefer your pork chops very well done, you can leave them in the dish for the full 1 hour .
- Onion Soup Mix: the onion soup mix has a fairly strong, salty flavor, so adjust the amount of seasoning that you use on your pork chops to your liking. If you prefer less onion taste, use only part of the seasoning packet.
- Brown rice has a much longer baking time than the long grain white rice, so I don’t recommend using brown rice in this recipe. I also do not recommend instant rice, since the instant rice has a much shorter baking time .
Mushroom Soup Baked Pork Chops And Rice
Thick, juicy, tender pork chops and rice baked in a delicious mushroom soup sauce is my idea of of comfort food perfection! This retro recipe also uses a crushed cracker and cheddar cheese topping, one of my favorite things about it!
Tips For Making The Best Baked Pork Chops
- Always remove the pork chops from the refrigerator at least 15 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
- Always season pork chops before cooking, err on the side of more seasoning than less as pork chops can tend to come out bland if not seasoned well.
- Sear the pork chops on all sides when baking them to lock in flavor and ensure they cook evenly.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Mechanicsburg Pa
Country Baked Pork Chops And Rice
Simple Country Baked Pork Chops and Rice is an easy dinner recipe with just 10 minutes of prep! The rice and the pork bake together in one dish with cream of mushroom soup and Lipton onion seasoning for a flavorful casserole that comes together with just a few pantry staples. Serve the comfort food classic with a House salad, tender green beans, or fluffy 3-ingredient buttermilk biscuits!
Easy Variations For Baked Pork Chops And Rice
For a healthier version, use brown rice, yellow rice, or quinoa instead of white rice. However, brown rice takes longer to cook, so you’ll need to adjust the cooking time.
You can use a dry onion soup mix as a seasoning instead of onion powder and Italian seasoning, or any of your favorite seasonings like taco seasoning, Creole, or Old Bay.
If you like mushrooms, you can also try this baked pork chop with cream of mushroom soup recipe.
Recommended Reading: Ruffles Loaded Baked Potato Chips
S To The Perfect Baked Pork Chops
Ok, dont blink because this dish is seriously so easy you might miss it. All the details are below, but here is the gist of it. First, you set your oven to 350 degrees and prep your 9×13 baking dish. Then you coat your pork chops in the mixture of flour, paprika, salt, and pepper and give them a nice sear. Move the chops to a plate and stir together the soup, rice, water, peas, carrots, and mushrooms in your skillet.
Once they are all mixed thoroughly, pour it into your baking dish and place your pork chops on top. Stick everything in the oven for 90 minutes. Did you blink? Did you miss it? See! So simple and fail-proof!
Tips For The Best Hong Kong Baked Pork Chop Rice
Below are tips on making the best Hong Kong baked pork chop rice recipe:
- Use fresh quality pork loins with fat marbling through it. This results in a more tender less dry pork dish.
- For the canned tomatoes, I highly recommend San Marzano tomatoes. I love the taste of these canned tomatoes. They taste so much better than the normal kind. But if you cant find these tomatoes, dont worry use what you can find! Canned plum tomatoes work well too.
- Oyster sauce is a must in this sauce. It gives the tomato sauce a wonderful umami.
- Day old rice works the best for this recipe but if you dont have that, not to worry I used same day cooked rice for mine and it turned out fine!
- Do not over cook your rice. Once the rice is mixed together with the soy sauce, eggs and frozen mixed veggies, remove off the heat immediately and transfer to the baking dish. You do not want the rice to be too soft or broken down.
- Only pan fry the pork loins JUST until theyre no longer pink. Remember you are baking this dish in the oven at a high temperature too.
- When making the sauce, be sure to brown the onions to give it more flavour
- Make sure the sauce has simmered for at least 5 minutes until its thick and reduced. You will be able to tell when you run a spatula through the sauce, and you can see the base of the pan for at least 5 seconds.
Recommended Reading: Chili’s Loaded Baked Potato Soup Ingredients
Tips For Tender Pork Chops:
- Season Generously: Pork is known for its lack of flavor without good seasoning. Season generously with salt and pepper on both sides before cooking or browning in the pan will help bring out the porks best flavor.
- Check the Temp: Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temp of 145F . Anything higher than this temp will make the pork chops become more tough. Use an instant read meat thermometer to check the internal temp after baking.
- Rest: Allow the pork to rest a few minutes before diving in to eat. This allows the meat to relax, giving you a more juicy pork chop.
Serve with sautéd carrots in with the rice or on the side.
Garnish with flat leaf Italian Parsley and sliced oranges if desired.
Making This Recipe? Tag us on Instagram: using the hashtag #NoBiggieRecipes, so we can see what you are making in the kitchen!
How To Make Pork Chops With Orange Rice:
Why Pork Chops And Apples
I have been told that pork chops and apples together is an absurd combination in some countries, but here in the good ol U S of A, it is a classic combination. Im not sure where it comes from, but its just works! We like to eat this dish with a side of our 2-Ingredient Instant Pot Applesauce. The salty and savory flavors of the pork chops pair perfectly with the sweetness of the apples. Such a winning combo!
Are Pork Chops Healthy
On the pork spectrum of healthiness, pork chops fall closer to the healthier side. On one end you have your bacon and sausage, and at the other end, you have your tenderloin. Pork chops are closer to the tenderloin side. Then there is a pork chop spectrum of healthiness.
This goes back to the tip of knowing your pork chop. There are certain cuts of pork chops that can be high in cholesterol, but if you look for a lean pork chop, like top loin chop or a sirloin, youve got yourself the start of the healthy meal. Pork chops also contain many healthy vitamins and nutrients like most of the B vitamins and Niacin which lowers cholesterol and triglycerides.
You May Like: 4 Ingredient Oven Baked Pork Chops
Baked Pork Chops And Rice Recipe
Dont you just love easy, one-pot meals? I know I do! Especially when theyre naturally gluten-free recipes. Thats whats so great about this baked pork chops and rice recipe. Its super easy, while being filling and delicious. And did I mention man pleasing?
Ive never met a man who didnt love tender, baked pork chops.
What I love so much about this recipe is that you can bake it in the slow cooker, and just let it cook most of the day, while you dont even think about it. Its such a stress relief to go about your day, knowing that dinner is already taken care of, you know?
Or you can bake it in the oven for a quicker dish. Still delicious. Still easy, but more of a last minute thing.
Either way, the end result is tender pork chops, seasoned to perfection with salt, pepper, and sage, and rice, cooked in chicken broth which, as simple as it sounds, has definitely become one of my favorite comfort foods. Rice. Chicken broth. It honestly just does not get any better than that!
I grew up cooking with chicken bullion cubes, but what made me such a fan of chicken-rice is making my own slow cooker chicken broth. Its amazing. It elevates your rice from simple food, to gourmet. Plus it kicks the nutrition up by several notches. Win-win, I say!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sage
Trisha’s Oven Baked Pork Chops & Rice
This simple pork chop and rice bake turns out fork tender every time. Combine the beef broth, rice, onions, bell peppers and pork chops in 13 x 9 inch baking dish, cover and bake. Low Country Smothered Pork ChopsOven Baked Pork Chops & RiceGeorgia Cooking in a Oklahoma Kitchen Home CookingOven Baked Pork Chops & Rice:
Recommended Reading: Temp To Bake Apple Pie
Tips For Tender Juicy Pork Chops
- Put the pork chops in frozen. This extends the cooking time and is the single best trick for juicy pork! You have to plan ahead and freeze your chops in one layer in a bag so that you can pull them apart easily without defrosting.
- Using thin pork chops :If you dont have thick pork chops, I would start the rice cooking for an hour, THEN add in the frozen thin pork chops on top. Place them on top and then push them gently into the mixture.
- As you see, I leave the fat on the edge of the pork chop, another trick to prevent them from drying out. Simply remove after cooking!
- If you have defrosted pork chops, add them in an hour after cooking the rice, even if they are thick cut. Pork only has to be cooked to 145 °F now to be safe!
You can always substitute in chicken in this recipe is it is more forgiving, especially since I usually use chicken thighs in my Mushroom Soup Chicken and Rice Casserole .
How is everyone doing today? How are things in your part of the world? Mike and I have hunkered down with the kids and pulled them out of school for the week before spring break and we are practicing social distancing.We were going to go to Vegas and cancelled that of course. I am stocked up on food for making recipes to entertain you all, Mike has alcohol galore to make you daily cocktails inspiration and we are here to entertain and take your mind off of everything.
Baked Pork Chops And Rice With Zucchini And Squash
If ever there is a time you need one of the easiest meals to put together on a week night, this one is it. It is a meal I can put together within 10 minutes then put it in the oven for an hour. It may have to bake for an hour, but you can sit back and relax while it does all the work. Ingredients:
- 8 pork chops
- 1/2 stick butter
- *You can use 2 zucchini and squash without needing to change anything
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp slap ya mama
- 4 cups beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste for pork chops
- Lightly Salt, pepper and sprinkle slap ya mama on each side of the pork chops, and set on the side
- Dice onions and celery
- Melt butter in pan and add onions and celery
- Cook down for a minute and add diced zucchini and squash
- Add seasonings
- Cook down for a few minutes, but keep it firm
- In a baking dish spread the rice over the bottom
- Pour onion, zucchini mixture over the rice
- Pour in broth
- Place pork chops on top
- Cover with foil and cook for one hour on 350
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Don’t Miss: No Bake Recipes For Kids
Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chop Rice
Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chop Rice. Delicious pork chops over fried rice coated in a sweet tangy tomato sauce with onion and melted cheese. This is my healthier-ish version where the pork is pan fried, not deep fried.
One of my all-time favourite dishes that you can order at a Hong Kong style café. Its pretty simple to make at home and youll save yourself a good $10-15 for double to triple the portion. Great for dinner or lunch as leftovers.
Ive ALWAYS been a fan of this tasty dish. There is something so comforting and wonderful about this casserole type dish. The taste of the melted cheese with the tangy sweet tomato sauce over that savoury pork along with that fried rice is just divine. If I had to only choose one Hong Kong style dish it would be hands down this one. Im a big tomato sauce lover so if you enjoy tomato sauce over rice with some pork, then this dish is for you!
I wanted to make this dish slightly healthier by pan frying the pork loins versus deep frying which is the traditional route. It still tastes so good and now I can enjoy this version more often!
Now there are many pork chop rice recipes in Cantonese cuisine but this one is incredibly good thanks to the East meets West fusion!
Made This Recipe And Loved It
If you could leave a star rating for my Hong Kong style baked tomato pork chop rice recipe, I would greatly appreciate it Thanks so much!
*This post for my Hong Kong style pork chop rice contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I also earn from qualifying purchases through additional affiliate programs
Also Check: Johnny’s Take And Bake Pizza
Hong Kong Style Baked Pork Chop And Rice
If you had travelled to Hong Kong and dined in at Cafe De Coral or Fairwood then most probably you know this dish. This popular Hong Kong dish is not just popular in Hong Kong but even with other Cantonese style restaurants all over the world. One example is a restaurant in Malaysia where I usually go to, it is called Wong Kok Char Chan Teng Restaurant located in SS2 Petaling Jaya and this dish is one of the popular items in their menu.
Baked Pork Chop Rice for those who havent tried it yet is made out of a tender juicy fried pork chop placed on a bed of egg fried rice then topped with rich tangy tomato sauce and cheese it is then baked until the cheese melts. A great all in one meal that everybody would love.
- Total Time:1 hour 30 mins
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
How To Make Oven Baked Pork Chops And Rice
- 1Stir together soup, water, rice and 1/4 teaspoons pepper in a 3 quart casserole.
- Salt and pepper chops and place on top of rice.
- 4Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/4 hours or until meat is done and liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Last Step: Don’t forget to share! Make all your friends drool by posting a picture of your finished recipe on your favorite social network. And don’t forget to tag Just A Pinch and include #justapinchrecipes so we can see it too!
Don’t Miss: How Long To Bake Chicken Fingers
Best Supporting Actor Rice And Veggies
The pork chops are definitely the star of the show here, but I had to give the rice and veggies their own time in the spotlight. Like I mentioned, when my mom made us pork chops and rice, the vegetables got kicked to the side, and kicked right off my plate.
Ill let you in on a little secret hereI love the pork chops in this dish, but the rice and veggies are my favorite. Im so glad I grew out of the veggie-hating phase! These veggies are so tender, and the mushrooms add such a delicious earthy flavor. Im not exaggerating when I say this part of the dish is delish because all of my kids ate them! Shocker of the century! I triple dog dare you to try this dish on your family too! Its a guaranteed hit!
To see all of our family dinner recipes, head here! These are a few of our favorites