Copycat Loaded Baked Potato Soup
I love a tasty homemade Potato Soup, and this Copycat Loaded Baked Potato Soup inspired by our local Kissimmee, Florida, Chilis restaurant goes above and beyond my expectations for a Potato Soup combining potatoes, extra sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon, and scallions all in a delicious super thick soup.
Copycat Loaded Baked Potato Soup is warm and inviting comfort food that I instantly fell in love with last weekend when my husband and I went to the Chilis Restaurant in Kissimmee, Florida, for lunch. I am so glad I ordered it. I loved it so much I had to make this delicious, warm, and ever so inviting comfort food today as soon as I got off work. After all, Ive been craving it since eating it last weekend.
I was fortunate to have a chat with the cook at Chilis that afternoon at lunch and pick his brain a little. Of course, due to a corporate policy, they cant disclose a corporate-owned recipe. He let me tell him what I thought was involved and would nod and smile in an agreement or shake his head no when I got it wrong. Well, I guess I had a bit of a start figuring this recipe out, at least. That was better than nothing.
Why Is My Potato Soup Not Thickening
Am sure that you make something wrong, to make the potato soup thick follow these steps:
- dont add so much water or chicken stock 2 cups of water and 4 of chicken stock are enough.
- when you add them let them cook until starting to boil then add your potato. make sure you cut the potato into small pieces you can also mash the potato if you want.
- leave it to cook for 15- 25 min, just stir and check the thickness because in this step the water will start to evaporate.
as you can see easy steps and your potato soup will be perfect.
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Recipe Pickled Plum Food And
Loaded Baked Potato Recipe. Here are a number of highest rated Loaded Baked Potato Recipe pictures upon internet. We identified it from reliable source. Its submitted by doling out in the best field. We agree to this nice of Loaded Baked Potato Recipe graphic could possibly be the most trending subject in the same way as we allocation it in google help or facebook.
Read Also: How To Use Laura Geller Baked Foundation
How To Make Loaded Potato Soup Recipe Instructions
Chili’s loaded potato soup recipe. Cover with chicken broth and water. Cubes of cooked potato are added with sour cream to a pot of roux-thickened milk in this soup which is garnished with cheddar cheese and chives. Place dicedpeeled potatoes into LARGE pot.
Remove bacon pieces and set aside leaving the fat in the pot. Scoop out the inside of the potato into a large bowl and discard skins. 1 12 cups Mashed potatoes instant.
Place bacon pieces in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat and cook until bacon is crisp and browned. Easy Boiled Baked Potatoes. Cheddar cheese In large pan mix chicken broth water minced onions oregano and parsley.
Cubes of cooked potato are added with sour cream to a pot of roux-thickened milk in this soup which is garnished. Add melted butter stir in flour slowly and add salt and pepper. Milk sour cream butter and cheddar cheese make this soup very thick and creamy and by microwaving the potatoes you.
Trusted Results with Chilis recipe for loaded potato soup. Grilled chicken cheese tomatoes corn black bean salsa tortilla strips with citrus-balsamic. Baked Potato Soup II – All Recipes.
Hand-breaded crispy chicken tossed in spicy Buffalo sauce bacon bleu cheese crumbles pico tortilla strips with house-made ranch. Add butter and chopped onion and cook over medium heat until onions are tender 3-5 minutes. 1 cup White onion.
Bring to a boil. Via Sugar Spun Run Youtube. 4 cups Chicken stock.
Pin On Soups Stews And Chilis
Pin On Lunch And Dinner
The Pioneer Womans Twice Baked Potato Casserole
These ingredients are also key players in her pioneer woman potato soup recipe. The best baked potatoes pioneer woman recipes on yummly | loaded baked potatoes, twice baked potatoes, loaded chili baked potatoes. Loaded baked potato casserole getting reviews. Some other varieties can turn too dry or too mushy. Though you can technically mash any potato once its cooked, the best options are either russet or yukon gold. Prep time:15 minscook time:1 hr 15 minstotal time:1 hr 30 mins preheat oven to 350 degrees f . Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f. When the sauce is done put 1/3 of it in the bottom of the casserole dish, then add 1/2 of the noodles, then top that with half of the cheddar cheese. The twice baked potato casserole is a recipe made Baked spaghetti just now stephaniesazkitchen.blogspot.com view all. Plus, potatoes are inexpensive, last a long time in your pantry, and can take on just about any flavor you throw at them. 01.10.2021, twice baked potato casserole is the delicious side dish you never knew you needed. Repeat the layers with 1/3 more of sauce, the remaining noodles, and 1/2 of If you have the time, baking the potatoes will help lock in the nutrients . Its great as leftovers, too.
Read Also: Baked Zucchini Fries No Breading
Ingredients Needed To Make Copycat Loaded Baked Potato Soup
One pound of hickory smoked bacon, divided by 2
32-ounces low sodium chicken broth
5-6 large Russet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, and diced
One large Vidalia onion chopped
Eight ounces of sour cream
One cup heavy cream
Twelve ounces of extra sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated, 4 ounces reserved
1/4 of a cup all-purpose flour or a gluten-free thickener
3/4 of a cup of ice water
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh ground peppercorns, to taste
One bunch of green scallions, thinly sliced
- 1poundhickory-smoked bacondivided by 2
- 32-ounceslow sodium chicken brothmay sub with water
- 5-6largeRusset potatoesscrubbed, peeled and diced
- 1largeVidalia onion chopped
- 8ouncessour cream
- 12ouncesextra-sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated -4 ounces reserved
- ¼cup all-purpose flour or a gluten-free thickener
- ¾cupice water
- fresh ground peppercornsto taste
- 1bunchgreen scallionsthinly sliced
Chilis Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
Chilis Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe. FULLY-LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP. The thickest and most delicious potato soup ever. I created this soup after having a similar soup at a restaurant. Incredible comfort food with ease! It’s a very simple recipe to adjust to your taste. My family always asks for this soup in the winter.
Love the taste of Chili’s Loaded baked potato Soup? Now you can make a pot for the Entire family for the same price as 1 cup at the Restaurant!
Read Also: Simple Baked Mac And Cheese
More About Loaded Baked Potato Soup Chilis Copycat Recipe Recipe 375
BEST LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE LOADED …
- Add in milk and flour. Whisk constantly, until slightly thick, about 5 minutes, then add potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper.
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP 247 …
FromEstimated Reading Time
CHILIS LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP | COPYCAT RECIPES
FromReviewsEstimated Reading Time
COPYCAT LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP – THE CHUNKY CHEF
FromEstimated Reading TimeServingsTotal Time
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Dry, and dice into 1/2″ cubes. Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with chicken stock, bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 10 minutes, or until they are 3/4 of the way cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter over MED heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Let flour mixture cook about 1-2 minutes.
- Carefully pour in half and half and milk, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until liquid is smooth and starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in melted Velveeta cheese and whisk to combine. Add in the cans of cheddar cheese soup and whisk until everything is smooth.
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP RECIPE – THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
O’CHARLEY’S LOADED POTATO SOUP – COPYKAT RECIPES
LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP CAN’T STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN
CHILIS LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP | COPYCAT RECIPES | BAKED …
COPYCAT CPK BAKED POTATO SOUP RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Tips For Perfect Creamy Potato Soup
- Cut your potatoes into pieces no larger than ¾ and try to keep them around the same size so that they cook at the same time. Nothing worse than biting into a crisp, raw-inside chunk of potato!
- To make this soup nice and creamy, I recommend pureeing about half of it either by using an immersion blender or by transferring a portion of the soup to a blender, pureeing, and then stirring the pureed soup back into the pot . If you want a completely smooth soup you can puree all of it, but I prefer to have a few actual pieces of potato, so I think pureeing half gives it the best taste and texture.
- Dont return the bacon to the pot until after you have pureed some of the soup. Its best not to blend the bacon .
- The ancho chili powder is, in my humble opinion, a must and gives this soup the most perfect depth of flavor. I blend it into the potato soup and also sprinkle it on top before serving. I recommend adding just a ¼ teaspoon and then taste testing before adding more.
This would make a great comfort food for this cold and windy weekend , and while I dont follow football at all I do know that this would be great to make ahead and enjoy during the big game this weekend.
Who really cares about football when you can make yourself a Super Bowl of soup! OK OK Im sorry, enough of that!
Treat yourself to a FREE E-BOOK!
Don’t Miss: Bake Frozen Turkey Burgers In Oven
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Everyone who has tried this soup loves it. It is a good soup for veggie haters. Baking the potatoes first gives them the perfect texture for this thick creamy soup. You won’t be disappointed. I always serve this with crackers and top the soup with a bit more shredded Cheddar, crumbled bacon, and a dollop of sour cream.
Provided by xtal420
|1 package bacon|
|½ gallon milk|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|1 container sour cream|
|1 package processed cheese , cubed|
|1 package shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 teaspoon onion salt|
|ground black pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cool potatoes until easily handled and cut into cubes.
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels and crumble.
- Combine milk, cream, sour cream, processed cheese, and Cheddar cheese in a large pot over medium heat cook, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes and bacon to milk mixture and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until potatoes begin to dissolve into soup, about 20 minutes season with onion salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 549.7 calories, Carbohydrate 50 g, Cholesterol 93.2 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 22.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.2 g, Sodium 817.3 mg, Sugar 11.6 g
What Equipment Will You Need For Chilis Baked Potato Soup
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to mash the potatoes or to keep the ingredients like chopped potatoes, onions.
- Saucepan- Saute the onions in a saucepan. You need a saucepan to make the soup.
- Spatula- Safely stir in all the ingredients using a spatula in the saucepan.
- Spoon- Add cream or other ingredients to the pan using a spoon.
- Masher- Use a hand masher to mash the potatoes for the soup.
- Oven- You can bake the potatoes without an oven. This recipe is incomplete without an oven.
Read Also: Bake N Cakes Lansing Mi
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chilis Baked Potato Soup
- Potatoes: Use two medium-sized potatoes for this recipe. Ive used Russet potatoes. You are free to choose any type of potatoes for this soup.
- Butter: Saute the onions in about three tablespoons of butter. Butter cooks the veggies and adds an extra buttery flavor to the soup.
- Onion- For onions, use a cup of diced white onions for this recipe. White onions add a mildly sweet flavor.
- Flour- You need about two tablespoons of flour to make a roux. The roux thickens the soup and gives it a nice texture.
- Chicken Stock- Add four cups of chicken stock to the soup to add more flavors to the soup.
- Water- Add two cups of water in case the soup is too thick.
- Cornstarch- Cornstarch is the most common thickening agent. Use one-fourth cup of cornstarch for this recipe.
- Mashed Potatoes- You need instant mashed potatoes for baked potato soup.
- Salt- A teaspoon of salt will enhance the taste of the soup.
- Pepper- Add some heat to the soup by adding pepper to it.
- Basil and Thyme- Basil and thyme give herbal flavors to the soup.
- Half and half-Use one cup of half-and-half to give a nice and smooth texture to the soup.
Chilis Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Everyone knows that Chilis loaded baked potato soup is the best, loaded with bits of cheddar and bacon in every bite of that creamy baked potato base! Heres how to reproduce that scrumptious flavor in your own home, so you can go back for seconds if you want to!
This is also the perfect recipe if you happen to have any leftover baked potatoes. Now, the type of potato is going to determine the texture of the finished soup, so keep that in mind if you are a texture person.
You May Like: Best Apples To Bake With
Chilis Baked Potato Soup
Todays Recipe is chilis baked potato soup. Soups look so easy to make but not everyone knows how to make excellent soup and chilis soups are one of the best. I have tried almost all the chilis menu in my areas and I decided to pick the baked potato soup and make it at home, I try many times to discover the way that chilis chefs prepare the baked potato soup but you know there is no chef in the world can give you the whole recipe, even when he does you will not make the same recipe like him, I dont know why.
I remember one time I went to some restaurant and I ask for pizza with white sauce, I enjoy it I mean it was an amazing pizza, So I decided to ask the chef about the recipe, trust me I did exactly what he said 3 or 4 times but I didnt make it as he does. always there is something hidden.
Never mind Lets Jump to the Recipe Then Lets answer a few questions.
and dont be shy to ask any question you have just comment and I will answer am always here.
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped, divided
Brett’s Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
The first time I decided to try making a loaded baked potato soup, I could not decide which recipe I found to use…so I combined 2 together that sounded great. It’s is the best potato soup I’ve ever had! Anyone who’s tried it cannot get enough of it.
Provided by Brett McKenney
|3 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|2 cans chicken broth|
|1 white onion, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 package crisp cooked bacon, crumbled|
|¾ cup half-and-half|
|¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish|
|½ cup sour cream, plus more for garnish|
|3 tablespoons minced fresh chives|
- Combine potatoes, chicken broth, onion, butter, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker . Cook on High until soup flavors meld and potatoes are extremely soft, 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir bacon, half-and-half, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream into the soup. Turn heat to Low setting cook until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Mash the soup in the slow cooker using a potato masher to your desired consistency. Garnish with additional Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 544.2 calories, Carbohydrate 39.7 g, Cholesterol 89.1 mg, Fat 32.4 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 15.3 g, Sodium 1990.1 mg, Sugar 3.1 g
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Wake Forest
How To Make Chilis Baked Potato Soup
- we can start always with preheat our oven at 375°F as advice if you start making a recipe and you will use the oven always make it ready first thing then go ahead and start making the rest of the recipe.
because you need the oven to be hot enough and dont wait or if there is any problem with it you will discover it first and dont waste your time prepare the recipe you will not make.
- wash and peel the potato then bake it for about 1 hour. remove it and leave it aside to cool.
- Now for the soup melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a deep pan.
- fry the onion until becoming light brown
- add about 2 tablespoon flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and stir for making a roux.
- add 4 cups chicken stock and about 2 cups and water, season with salt, black pepper, and thyme.
- reduce the heat and live it for about 10 min.
- lets come back to the backed potato, dice the potato into small pieces, then add it to the soup.
many people use boiled potato instead of a baked potato. I didnt try it before if you did just comment and tell me how it taste.
- leave it to cook and start boil keep stirring until the soup become thick.
So the soup is already done for serving pour the soup into a deep bowl of medium size add the chopped cheddar and mix until the cheese melt then topped with cooked bacon and chopped onion.