Ski Resorts In Washington State
Generally, ski terrain is more rugged in the North Cascades or at higher elevations. Snow is drier at higher elevations and/or on the eastern slope of the Cascade Mountain Range.
The best powder is usually found in the western part of Washington State at the Mt. Baker and Mission Ridge ski areas and in the east at Bluewood. In my experience, powder in Washington State ski areas is heavier than say, the Rocky Mountains and other popular ski destinations around the country.
Before you go, you may want to check snow conditions:
Any Day Returning Passholder Priority Window Sept 7
The Mt. Baker Any Day Season Pass gives you full access to the mountain every day of operation for the 2022-23 season.
This purchase Window is for RETURNING 2021-22 MT. BAKER SEASON PASSHOLDERS ONLYWho is eligible for this Window: You had a valid Mt. Baker Season Pass at the end of last season You were a Mt. Baker Ski Area employee or volunteer in good standing at the end of the 2021-22 season You are Canadian and had a valid Mt. Baker Season Pass at the end of the 2019-20 season.
Any Day Season Pass Sales will not be capped during the Returning Priority Window this is a guaranteed opportunity to purchase an Any Day pass and at the lowest rates. Additional Any Day Pass availability for the Open Purchase Window will be determined after September 28, and availability may be capped at any point after Sept. 28, 2022.
Purchase Process And Purchase Policies
Additional season pass policies, including purchase policies can be found on the Release Agreement
1. For a season pass to be valid all steps of the purchase process must be complete, including but not limited to the completion of a valid electronic Release Agreement.
2. All visitors to the ski area are expected to adhere to ALL MT. BAKER SKI AREA MOUNTAIN POLICIES AND GUIDELINES as well as any applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and codes. VIOLATION of any of these policies MAY RESULT IN FINES, SUSPENSION OR REVOCATION OF SKIING OR SNOWBOARDING PRIVILEGES AND ACCESS TO OTHER SERVICES OR FACILITIES WITHOUT REFUND, AND MAY RESULT IN POSSIBLE PERMANENT TRESPASS FROM THE SKI AREA. Policy infractions will remain on file and will affect eligibility for future purchases and/or use of Mt. Baker Ski Area, Inc. services, facilities, or equipment, and/or participation in programs or events.
5. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA can be found on the Mt. Baker Ski Area website. Eligibility will be verified prior to the season pass being validated and processed. If a season pass is purchased but does not meet eligibility requirements, that season pass will not be valid and will be subject to administrative fees and/or additional charges and the purchaser and/or season passholder may not be eligible to purchase a pass this year or in the future.
Also Check: Baked Potato In Oven Wrapped In Foil
Stored Value Card Terms & Conditions
Store Value Cards include Mt. Baker Ski Area Gift Cards, Passholder Cash, or any other closed loop prepaid access. Stored Value Cards are not redeemable or refundable for cash.* Stored Value balances are not replaced if lost or stolen. Stored Value balance varies with redemption. Stored Value remaining balances do not expire, unless provided as a bonus/promotional benefit. Promotional stored value cards expire as per the date indicated on the Stored Value Card. Season Passes deactivate at the end of the winter operating season. After deactivation, Passholder Cash stored value balance can not be redeemed using that season pass and must be transferred to a gift card or active season pass balances can be transferred online, over the phone, at the Bellingham Office, White Salmon Administrative Office, or the Heather Meadows Administrative Office.*Balance of $5.00 or less may be refunded for cash in the Bellingham Office, White Salmon Administrative Office, or the Heather Meadows Administrative Office upon request.
Daily Ski Lift Ticket Discounts
Common discount tickets include weekdays, youth and seniors, and half-day or late arrival. Other types of discounts may be offered, such as ticket packages or group purchase, military, night skiing , special events, sponsorships , or other discounts. Some ski areas also offer discounts if you only plan to go snowshoeing or Nordic skiing on groomed trails, or tubing at play areas. For these activities, resorts offer much lower rates than those for alpine or downhill skiing and snowboarding. Especially for the more remote areas, there are often lodging packages that include ski lift tickets. So look for links to these discounts and deals on the individual ski area websites.
Recommended Reading: Baked Beans On The Grill
Season Passes Operations Plans Policies & Guidelines For 2022
Our current operations plans, guidelines and policies for the 2022-23 season are detailed below. Be aware that any or all of these may change at any time and may become more or less restrictive. This page will contain the most current operations policies and guidelines in effect. Please check back for any updates prior to your visit. Mt. Baker will continue to monitor, and comply with, any changes to local, state and federal guidelines and mandates.
Win A Mt Baker Season Pass
Artist Point and Shoot
Win a season pass to Mt Baker Ski Area!
Well post all pictures to the @artistpointandshoot Instagram account, pick a monthly winner to receive a prize package from TSKJ and Mt Baker, and host a final showdown in April for a 2018-19 season pass and other prizes.
Alex DeRocco. Photo: Kevin T. McHugh
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Presented by Funny Feelings LLC, PO Box 2806, Bellingham, WA, 98226.
- Odds are determined by the number of entries.
- Prize includes one season pass to Mt. Baker Ski Area for the 2018-19 season. Retail value $790.00.
- Entry limited to residents of the contiguous United States and Canada.
- No purchase necessary.
- Winner will be announced May 1, 2018.
- Prize will be delivered in September 2018.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.
Spokane & Eastern Washington Area Ski Areas
49 Degrees North is located 330 miles east of Seattle via I-90 and WA-231 and 60 miles north of Spokane via US-395, in the heart of the Colville National Forest. Spokane International Airport and for small planes the Chewelah Municipal Airport/Sand Canyon airport. Elevation: 3,923-5,774, 82 trails, 7 lifts
- 49 Degrees North regular ski tickets: Prices vary based on the day adult $49-$82.
- 49 Degrees North ski passes & discounts: age, college, military, Nordic only.
Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park operates within Mt. Spokane State Park located 310 miles east of Seattle via I-90 and WA-206 and 30 miles north of Spokane via US-2 and WA-206. In addition to Nordic skiing, the park offers snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and year-round camping, horseback riding, biking, hiking trails, berry picking, and more. Elevation: 4,200-5,889, 52 trails, 7 lifts
- Mt. Spokane regular ski tickets: Adult daily $70.
- Mt. Spokane ski passes & discounts: pre-season purchase, half-day, nighttime, mid-week, youth, child, student, military, family pack . Select days are free for children and youth.
Bluewood is located in the southeastern part of Washington, miles southeast of Seattle and miles from Yakima. Bluewood is known for clear skies, more than 300 inches of light, fluffy, smoke-dry powder snow, and a wide variety of terrain. Elevation: 4545-5670, 24 trails, 4 lifts
/23 Season Ski Lift Pass Deals & Discounts
- Stevens Pass 2022-23 Ski Season discount on passes thru Sept 4. Price goes up Sept 5. Adult passes: $350-$859. More info: Season Passes | Stevens Pass Ski Resort
- White Pass Fall Season Ski Pass Sale begins September 12th at 8am. Adult prices $629-$799. More info: Season Passes
- The Summit at Snoqualmie season passes on sale at summer prices thru 9/19. Adult: alpine $399-$699, Nordic only $159. More info: Season Passes
- Loup Loup Ski Bowl Season Pass Spring/Summer Sale ends September 30, 2022. Adult: $470. More info: Passes & Tickets : Ski The Loup!
Don’t Miss: Bob Baker Hyundai In Carlsbad
Ski Lift Season Passes
If you plan to ski regularly or take ski lessons, buy a ski lift season pass. If you purchase a season pass anytime during the ski season, you will pay full price. To get a discount on a season pass, buy it during the off-season. The earlier you buy, the more you save. Payment plans are available for some passes, especially for pre-season purchase. Here are the general guidelines for saving money on ski lift season passes:
- Good discount: before the current season opens , most resorts offer a modest discount on the purchase of ski lift passes.
- Better discount: during summer, many resorts offer a good discount on ski lift season passes purchased before fall.
- Best discount: at the end of each season , some resorts offer a steep discount on season passes purchased for the next year.
Love our cheap ideas? Get our FREE email newsletters. Choose from daily, weekly, and monthly lists. .
Mostly Midweek Season Pass
New for the 2022-23 season a limited number of Mostly Midweek season passes will be available ONLY IF the quantity cap for Any Day Passes is reached. Mostly Midweek sales would start within a few days after the end of the Open Purchase Window. Midweek Pass availability would be announced on our website and in an email alert to subscribers. Mostly Midweek Season Pass availability may be capped at any point.
Don’t Miss: Baked Food For Weight Loss
Operations Info & Considerations
We appreciate your interest in purchasing a Mt. Baker Ski Area Season Pass for the 22-23 winter. Like you, we are very much looking forward to the upcoming season and being back on the snow-covered mountain with the Mt. Baker community!
As has been the case for the past 70 years of Mt. Bakers operation, this year may again have its own unique uncertainties. Over the years we have experienced a variety of circumstances, ranging from weather challenges to pandemics, that on occasion have affected ski area operations.
Our crew has a solid track record of maintaining the best possible operations even under very challenging mountain conditions. We remain committed to, and very experienced at, adapting operations in order to best meet the challenges that may come our way when its reasonable and possible to do so.
We continue to have confidence that together we will all be able to adjust to what comes our way and operate the ski area in such a manner that passholders and ticket holders will have opportunities to use and enjoy the mountain this winter.
Therefore, before you choose to purchase a pass, you will need to consider the realities of the uncertainties of life in the mountains. . .and life in general and how they may impact the operation of the ski area as well as your expectations around the value of your pass purchase. And . . . our No Refund policy remains in place.This is a partial list. See the Season Pass Release Agreement for more.
Olympic Mountain Ski Areas
Hurricane Ridge Ski Area is located 3½ hours north/northwest of Seattle via I-5, the Edmonds-Kingston Ferry, and SR-104 to the Olympic National Park. It is one of only a few remaining lift operations in the National Parks . Rising a mile high, Hurricane Ridge features stunning Pacific Northwest winter vista. The National Park charges an entrance fee, $15 per car, or purchase a yearly pass for $30. Weather dependent, the road generally opens to uphill traffic at 9am and closes to uphill traffic at 4pm. Elevation: 4800-5500, 10 trails, 3 lifts.
- Hurricane Ridge regular ski tickets: Daily adult $49.
- Hurricane Ridge ski passes & discounts: family, Indy pass, half-days, intermediate lifts, bunny lifts, corporate.
Also Check: How To Sell Baked Goods On Facebook
Daily Lift Ticket Purchasing Policies
All prices subject to change up or down without notice.Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Debit, Interac, or Cash Only.Photo ID may be required for Credit, Debit, and/or Mt. Baker Ski Area Gift Card purchases.Prices listed do not include WSST. Washington State Sales Tax is 8.0%Canadian rates based on current exchange rate.Afternoon Rate Available After 12:30PMNo refunds given on daily lift tickets.* When enrolled in 5th Grade Ride Free Program. See details.** Beginner Chair:
Cascade Mountain Ski Areas
Cascade Mountain Range ski areas are listed in order by driving distance from Seattle.
Note: Hurricane Ridge, located in the Olympic Mountains on the Washington Peninsula is listed in the next section, followed by the Spokane area ski resorts in the eastern part of the state.
Summit at Snoqualmie Pass and Alpental is located 1 hour east/southeast of Seattle via I-90. Snoqualmie Pass is composed of four unique ski areas offering a huge diversity of terrain. Elevation: West 765-3765, Central 1025-3865, East 1100-3710, Alpental 2280-5420. Total: 62 trails, 24 lifts, 1981 skiable acres.
- Snoqualmie/Alpental regular ski tickets: Prices vary by day and demand and are subject to change daily but an adult ticket is around $79 available online only.
- Snoqualmie/Alpental ski passes & discounts: Discount on passes include off-peak remedy pass, twilight , Nordic trails, and discounts for various ages groups.
- Summer sale: The Summit at Snoqualmie season passes on sale thru 9/19. Adult: alpine $399-$699, Nordic only $159. More info: Season Passes
Stevens Pass is located 2 hours east/northeast of Seattle via I-405, SR-522, and US-2. Situated on the crest of the Cascade Range, the ski area straddles two national forests: Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie on the west side of the crest and Wenatchee National Forest on the east. Elevation: 4061-5845, 37 trails, 10 lifts, 1125 skiable acres.
Downhill skiing iStockphoto.com
Don’t Miss: Baked Cauliflower Mac And Cheese
Lack Of Reservation System Creates Long Lines Covid
UPDATE: The Mount Baker Ski Area media team did not respond to interview requests prior to publication and employees denied requests, citing their employee handbook. Mount Baker Ski Area subsequently has offered information about its safety protocols. This story has been updated to include the new information.
Most ski resorts in Washington state implemented new rules and policies before opening this season to limit the spread of COVID-19 on the mountains. Mount Baker Ski Area has not taken all of the same precautions, causing the resort to become overrun.
At all ski resorts in Washington, it is required that visitors wear a mask and remain six feet apart, following the Washington State Department of Healths statewide order.
Crystal Mountain Resort opened Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020, requiring reservations to go to the mountain, alongside a season pass. Mount Baker Ski Area opened Friday, Nov. 20, 2020, only restricting non-passholders until that Sunday, Nov. 22. Stevens Pass opened Friday, Dec. 4, 2020.
Vail Resorts, the parent company of Stevens Pass, required reservations to go to the mountain, season passholder or not.The Mount Baker Ski Area limited the number of season passes sold this year, reaching their limit and cutting off pass sales on
Also, we have not been seeing the carpooling of past years because of , so on weekends parking lots tend to fill up with cars, but with less people, Howat said.
Any Day Open Purchase Window Oct 1 Until Cap Is Reached
The Mt. Baker Any Day Season Pass gives you full access to the mountain every day of operation for the 2022-23 season.
This Open purchase Window is FOR EVERYONE, whether you are a new passholder, coming back from a prior season, or if you missed the Returning Passholder Priority Window.
On September 30th we will announce any remaining Any Day Season Pass availability, and if passes are available the Open Purchase Window sales will start Saturday October 1st at 7:00 a.m. Pass availability may be capped at any point after the Returning Priority Purchase Window is closed.
You May Like: Bush’s Baked Beans 10 Can
Mt Baker Throws Shade At Mega
By Matt LorelliDecember 20, 2021 12:22 pm
By Matt Lorelli | December 20, 2021 12:22 pm ET
I love ski resorts that still print out lift tickets. The whole RFID gate system is too high-tech for me, and theres something so nostalgic about attaching a lift ticket to the outside of my jacket. I miss it.
The photo below shows a lift ticket from Mt. Baker Ski Area with a cheeky dig at the Epic and Ikon passes.
It was too good not to share, and I gotta give a shout out whenever I can to the resorts still getting by that arent on the mega-passes. Also love that a day pass to Mt. Baker, arguably one of the best ski areas in the country, only costs $81.50. That might still sound like a lot, but thats nothing compared to the $200+ tickets you can find at some Epic resorts further south.
Image Taken By: Chris Dickerson
Baker Passes See 20 Percent Increase
Mt. Baker Ski Area season passes and ticket prices have been released, and to locals might look steep.
Season passes for returning passholders, which go on sale September 7, are $1,030.32 after tax for adults. A full day adult lift ticket is $94. For new adult passholders, whose purchase window begins October 1 and goes until the sales cap is reached, passes are $1,123.20 this year.
CEO Gwyn Howat said in an August 2022 update that high diesel prices, increased wage costs and raised property insurance were some of the many factors in determining the 2022/23 seasons pricing.
The added factors have increased season pass prices by 20 percent and lift tickets by 14 percent.
Last year, adult season passes were $849.96 for returners and $936.36 for new, while daily lift tickets were $82.50 after tax for adults.
We dont take it lightly that these prices have an impact on you, Howat said in the video.
To compare with other, neighboring mountains, Stevens Pass and Crystal Mountain will run on reservations again this season. The Epic Pass, which offers access to Stevens, Vail, Breckenridge, Park City, Whistler Blackcomb and others, is currently $859, but will go up September 5. At Crystal, the anytime legend pass, which offers access to the mountain anytime, is $1,942.92 after tax for adults 23 years old and older and $1,316.52 for young adults.
The Ikon Pass, which offers unlimited access to 14 mountains and up to seven days at 35 destinations, is $1,179.
Recommended Reading: Learn To Bake Cakes Professionally