Why Youll Love These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Chewy oatmeal bars meet delicious thick layer of chocolate peanut butter!
- Made with easy healthy & wholesome ingredients and with no refined sugar.
- Naturally vegan, gluten-free and macro-balanced!
- Satisfying your sweet tooth
- Seriously the easiest ever no-bake recipe.
- Freezer friendly and perfect treat to have on hand!
- Low sugar and packed with 8 grams of protein and taste MUCH butter than a store-bought protein or granola bar.
Healthy Peanut Butter Protein Bars In 4 Steps
Ingredients Youll Need For These Protein Bars
- Almond flour: This is the base of the bar. Almond flour is packed with protein and is grain-free and gluten-free which makes it perfect to use in protein bars!
- Protein Powder: Since these are protein bars after all! The protein powder will bulk up the bars with protein.
- Rice crisps: These add a nice crispy texture to the bars making them super tasty!
- Peanut butter: Peanut butter is loaded with protein and will also help to bind these bars together.
- Maple syrup: The sweetener for these bars! You could also use brown rice syrup or honey.
- Dark chocolate: This is optional, but makes these bars delicious! You can add a chocolate topping or even just a chocolate drizzle on top.
- Coconut oil: this gets added with the dark chocolate to create a smooth and delicate top thats easy to cut.
Don’t Miss: Does Nothing Bundt Cakes Bake On Site
For The Peanut Butter Layer:
- Peanut Butter Powder: 4 Tbsp regular peanut butter/almond butter
- Unflavored protein powder: 1½ Tbsp Coconut Flour
- Sugar free Maple Syrup: Regular maple syrup or Honey, but they wont be Vegan or a no sugar recipe anymore.
Also, gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies work fine in place of Oreo thins.
Ingredients In No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Peanut butter: I recommend smooth peanut butter as it provides the bars with a nice creamy consistency.
- Honey: Honey is the perfect natural sweetener.
- Vanilla Milkshake Premier Protein Whey Powder: Adds a nice flavor AND protein.
- Oat flour: You can make your own by adding oats to a blender or food processor.
- Chocolate chips: Top the bars with melted chocolate.
You May Like: No Bake Cookies With Sunbutter
Where To Store Homemade Perfect Bars
- Room temperature: You can keep these copycat protein bars at room temperature for up to a week! Store in an airtight container or resealable bag. You can feel confident leaving the house with one of these in hand for the perfect on-the-go healthy snack.
- Refrigerator: Exactly like the original perfect bar, these diy perfect bars can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months!
- Freezer: Store homemade perfect bars in an airtight container or resealable bag in the freezer for up to 4 months! If using whey protein powder, the bars will remain chewy, STRAIGHT OUT OF THE FREEZER! This same thing happens with my Chewy Homemade Granola Bars too! Its truly magical. If using a plant based protein powder, the bars will still soften once taken out of the freezer. They will initially be a little harder in texture out of the freezer though. Still equally delicious!
I cannot wait for you to give this Perfect Bar Recipe a try! Please snap a picture and share it with me!
Seeing your kitchen creations makes my day and encourages me to keep creating new recipes for you!
Happy Perfect Bar Makin!
How To Make Your Own Perfect Bars
If youre looking to save some money while still being able to enjoy the AMAZINGNESS of perfect bars, youve come to the right place. Im all about making recipes that are easy, delicious, and packed with nutrition. My Vegan Chocolate Granola and Homemade 6 Ingredient Graham Crackers are just the beginning.
Even if youve never had a perfect bar before, these homemade peanut butter protein bars will be your new favorite. They only take about 10 minutes to make and require very minimal ingredients! You simply mix all ingredients together, press the dough into a pan, and freezer until set! Thats it! So simple, and they are the best perfect bar copycat!
Also Check: Realtors In Baker City Oregon
Substitution Recommendation To Make Them Vegan Protein Bars
To make these Peanut Butter Protein Bars into Vegan Protein Bars simply make the following substitutions:
- Substitute honey for agave. You could also use maple syrup however we find that agave tends to be a better substitution for honey in this recipe as it also plays a role in the bars sticking together nicely.
- Use your favorite plant-based vanilla protein powder. See our favorites below.
How To Make Homemade Protein Bars
Peanut butter protein bars are easy to make: just remember to mix everything thoroughly before transferring it into the pan to set. Heres the basic idea of making homemade protein bars :
- Mix: Add all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Fold through the chocolate chips.
- Set: Transfer the mix into a lined pan and press down until smooth on top. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Slice: Using a slightly wet knife, slice into protein bars, then serve.
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Silver Spring Md
Homemade Protein Bars Only 5 Ingredients
Youll love the pure, nutritious, simple ingredients that go into these quality protein bars. All you need are:
- Whole Rolled Oats: whole oats provide a more robust texture than quick or instant oats.
- Real Peanut Butter: we love chunky peanut butter, as it lends a bit of crunch to the bars.
- Whey Protein Powder: feel free to use your favorite flavor, though we highly recommend steering clear of artificial sugars, as those tend to have an unpalatable aftertaste. Our personal favorite is pure, unflavored 100% whey protein powder, which weve been using for years.
- Real Maple Syrup or Honey: it just feels better than sugar. Plus, maple or honey has the sticky texture needed to help bind the bars.
- Milk: we use regular cows milk, but feel free to use your milk of choice.
- Totally optional: add-ins! We love dried blueberries, chocolate chips, or even drizzled chocolate on top.
Tip: If youre planning to stash these bars in your gym bag, backpack, or lunch sack, we recommend skipping the drizzle on top. Theyll stay a lot neater that way and youll like us more.
- peanut butter mixture
What Makes These Cereal Bars Extra Special
These glorious peanut butter cereal bars have a decadent chocolate topping that makes them taste like a crunchy Reeses peanut butter cup. Theyre also:
- Gluten and grain free: thanks to my favorite cereal, Three Wishes!
- Natural sweetened: with a little pure maple syrup.
- Packed with over 7g of protein: from the creamy peanut butter and Three Wishes!
- Easily dairy free & vegan: just be sure to use your favorite vegan chocolate on top.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Supreme Sandwich Tray
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
These Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are sweet, nutty, and stuffed with the most delicious and creamy homemade chocolate peanut butter spread! They come together quickly for a tasty treat thats pretty healthy and even packed with a little protein.
I just love no bake recipes, and these Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are no exception! Chocolate peanut butter lovers, get excited!! This healthy treat is absolutely delicious and will quickly become one of your favorite healthy snacks!
Theyre made with easy ingredients and absolutely hits both the sweet tooth and hunger cravings. They make a great quick breakfast, sweet afternoon snack, or healthy dessert. Since they are macro-balanced, they also make the perfect post-workout snack!
While indulgent, these bars are actually quite healthy! They are made with simple ingredients that wont leave you crashing later on. They feature two layers made with oats, peanut butter, maple syrup, and a little salt to bring out the flavor. And are stuffed with a yummy healthy homemade chocolate peanut butter made with cocoa powder, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Thats it!
These oat bars are also gluten free as written and are so easy to make vegan-friendly. The whole family will LOVE these delicious bars!
How To Make This Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
Step 1: Line a square 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, add the peanut butter and butter and blend together until smooth. Then add in the vanilla extract and salt and blend in as well.
Step 3 Next, slowly add in the powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as you add it.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press it into an even layer.
Step 5: In a separate microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds. Then stir and repeat for another 30-seconds then stir. Repeat for one more 30 second interval and stir. Be careful not to over heat the chocolate or it will seize and become too hard to spread.
Step 6: Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
Step 7: Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is warm, if youd like.
Step 8: Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill. Slice and enjoy.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Myrtle Beach Sc
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No
Peanut Butter No Bake Protein Bars are a feel-good, fill-you-up snack. Gluten free, dairy free, and only 5 ingredients, both kids and adults will love this chocolate-studded snack.
One of my mid-afternoon vices for giving me a extra jolt of energy and curbing my stubborn sweet tooth is a protein bar or bite.
Lately, my go-to has been theseCookie Dough Protein Balls, however these bars are giving them some serious competition.
While convenient, many packaged protein bars are filled with not-so-appetizing ingredients. However, making your own protein bars and bites couldn’t be simpler. In fact, these no bake protein bars only require 1 bowl and 1 spoon.
Both kids and adults will love the fact that they taste like a peanut butter cookie. And, just like these no bake Energy Bites, the ingredients are simple and nourishing, and the cost-per-bar is a fraction of the ones at the store.
You also can’t beat their soft, chewy texture, and rich peanut butter flavor.
Reasons To Make Your Own Protein Bars
The best reason to make your own? YOU get full control of what protein bar ingredients to include.
Even if you use real sugar , each bar has under 3 grams of sugar, with 12 grams of protein!
The flavor possibilities are endless, and you can choose to make them soy free, dairy free, keto, paleo, low carb, nut free, or sugar free to fit your own personal dietary requirements.
Its both much cheaper and more environmentally-friendly to make your own protein bar recipe at home. Think of all the wrappers youll save.
Many so-called healthy protein bars on the market, even ones you can find at a health food store, are filled with processed ingredients such as corn syrup solids, maltodextrin, sucralose, sugar alcohols, GMO soy isolate, and so much added sugar and oil that its hard to believe they could possibly pass for a health food.
With this recipe, you get an entire pan of homemade protein bars for not much more than you wouldve paid for just one bar at Whole Foods.
Trending right now: Frappuccino Recipe Add protein powder for a protein shake
Don’t Miss: Baked By Melissa 42nd Street
Apple Peanut Butter Protein Bars Ingredients
These granola bars are full of wholesome ingredients, contain no processed white sugar and are protein packed with a yellow pea protein and PB powder. The ingredients could not be any simpler!
I love making homemade granola bars because I just feel better knowing how the bars were made and what exactly is in them. They taste better too! If your New Years goal was to eat healthier, these granola bars are a must to make ahead for the week.
Other than the protein powders, these bars are made with unsweetened applesauce, peanuts, gluten free oats, dates, agave nectar and cinnamon. Only a few ingredients for tasty homemade granola bars! No baking means that you save time in the kitchen as well.
How To Make These No Bake Granola Bars
To make these granola bars you will need a food processor, a small saucepan and a large bowl. You will also need an 8×8 square pan.
You will combine the oats and peanuts and do a fast toast in the oven! This gives them additional depth of flavor. While you could skip toasting them, I dont recommend that. Process the dates in a food processor until they become a ball. You will need some arm muscle next as you work the dates into the oats! By the time the bars are ready to eat, you will have earned the right to taste test after all the arm work.
You will heat the protein powders and agave in a small sauce pan until they are combined and then add that to your oat mixture. Place the mixture in your prepared pan and refrigerate until firm. If you live in a cold climate, you can just stick them on your porch like I did!
These bars are so simple to make and I was in and out of the kitchen in under 3o minutes. If you love granola bars as much as I do, be sure to try these other bar recipes from our blog:
Don’t Miss: Baker City Oregon Hotels Best Western
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
No bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars that taste just like a peanut butter cup. These low carb peanut butter protein bars will be your new favorite snack to keep in your fridge and enjoy all week long!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
Today were doing a throwback recipe from 2017. These peanut butter protein bars were SO delicious when I first made them a few years back that I love to re-share them with you to remind you to make them.
Ill occasionally do this with older recipes because 1) I dont want you to forget about them and 2) anything with peanut butter is always acceptable, right?!
These bars are seriously one of my favorite healthier treats to make because theyre so freaking easy and do NOT require any baking. They also make an excellent post workout snack or late afternoon pick-me-up as they happen to pack 9g protein.
Personally, I love keeping them in the fridge when I want a healthier dessert thats similar to my favorite candy in the world.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
These dessert bars are a fool-proof peanut butter treat. Turning them into Holiday themed bars is so easy too with the addition of holiday sprinkles on top of the bars. Make them for your Christmas parties or give as gifts to neighbors and friends.
This sweet treat that takes no time to whip up. Just let the chocolate set up and then slice into bars and serve up for a fun, delicious treat.
These are bursting with peanut butter flavor in each bite and will become a family favorite treat in no time.
Why I Love Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut butter is such a great ingredient for both sweet and protein packed snacks. While you need to watch quantity because of the high calorie and fat content, small amounts give you a lot of nutritional value including:
- Protein: peanut butter has an average of 9 grams per 2 tablespoons
- Vitamin E: helps fight germs and keep blood vessels clear of clots
- Vitamins B3: improves cholesterol levels by raising your HDLs
- Vitamin B6: helps prevent inflammation
- Manganese: essential nutrient for your body and often used to treat osteoporosis
- Magnesium: another essential nutrient that plays a role in muscle and nerve development, bone health, and stable blood sugar
- Copper: good for bone health and immune function
And we all know peanut butter and chocolate are magical together! So give these no bake protein bars a try and youll find a new favorite dessert worth managing your calories for.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are the ultimate no bake treat made with only 4 ingredients and ready in just minutes! This sweet bar is perfect any time you want an easy no bake treat.
If you are craving a sweet treat without a lot of work, these no bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are for you! Made with just 4 ingredients, this is the perfect treat for any occasion!
Recommended Reading: How Long To Bake Chicken Strips At 350