The Many Ways To Cook A French Fry
I fully recommend cooking french fries
- In the oven
- Using a frying pan on the stove top
- In an air fryer
But I do not recommend trying to cook frozen fries in the microwave. They turn out mushy every single time (unless you have the ones that come in a special package and are specifically formulated for cooking in the microwave.
How To Fry Frozen French Fries: 4 Easy Methods
- Review: 4.31
- Summary: 3. Stove Method · Take a nice skillet and set it up on the stovetop. · Fill it up with cooking oil at least ¼ inch from the bottom of it. · Place your heat over
- Matching search results: These crispy french fries are readily available in most grocery markets and even farmers markets. You can have them as fresh potatoes and cut them into wedges or get the frozen ones from the grocery store and cook into perfection. But, how do you
How Long For Thick Cut Frozen Fries
We recommend starting with our base time and temp and follow the technique thats written in the recipe box below. Then check the fries and add additional 2-3 minutes if needed to your liking. Some frozen fries are already pre-cooked and some are more pre-cooked than others. Thats why we suggest starting with the base time and temp, then adjust accordingly to your personal preference.
You May Like: Bak Industries Rollbak Tonneau Cover
How Long To Fry Frozen French Fries
When youre standing there looking at your package of frozen French fries, its hard to imagine that the results could ever come close to a fast-food giant like McDonalds. Its okay because you can get there, or at least pretty darn close.
The history of French fries is traced back to Belgium, which makes us question if there is anything authentically French about them, but nevertheless, they have become a staple alongside American burgers, steaks, fish n chips, and much more. For a lot of us, French fries are a delicious treat that we allow ourselves on cheat days.
So, how long should you fry frozen French fries? Frozen French fries should be fried for around 4 minutes for baskets that are ¼ full of fries. Frying time can vary depending on how large of a batch and what youre using.
Well give you a closer estimate below and other methods to cook frozen French fries that can come out pretty good as well if we do say so ourselves.
Are Baked French Fries Good For You
Many people believe that they are a healthier alternative to fryer-cooked french fries. This is because they are not fried in oil and contain fewer calories. However, there are some concerns about the quality of baked French fries. Some experts say that these fries often contain high levels of sugar and unhealthy fats. So, if you want to eat baked french fries, make sure you read the ingredients carefully and choose a brand that you trust.
Read Also: Matthew Baker Md Naples Fl
How To Serve Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These french fries are going to be so tempting you may not need to worry about serving them with sauces. Theyll be gone before you can get them out of the basket. But if you can keep the fingers out of the air fryer, there are many ways to serve these frozen french fries. Ketchup is the original sauce that was made for french fries, but there are other sauces to dunk these air fryer fries in.
- Fry Sauce: This amazing sauce was solely invented to go with french fries. Its a grown up version of ketchup and it is divine. In my home it has replaced ketchup and mayo on hamburgers even. Its so good!
- Yum Yum Sauce: This popular sauce is light, sweet and tangy! An excellent choice!
- Cheese Sauce: Cover the golden fries in a rich thick cheesy sauce thats going to knock your socks off.
- Ranch Dressing: As my kids would say, everythings better with ranch dressing!
- Make your Own Sauce: Mix your favorite spices with a bit of mayo and ketchup to create a unique sauce of your own. Add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with mayo and ketchup for a spicy western sauce thats awesome. There are lots of possibilities.
How To Make Healthier Oven
When you bake the fries in the oven, you can use heart-healthy olive oil. Measure two tablespoons to drizzle onto the fries and toss lightly. Youll use even less oil if you spray the fries with a light mist of the oil.If you want to reduce the sodium content of the fries, you can omit the salt and select a spice that will add flavor without the extra sodium. Try fresh garlic, cumin, paprika, thyme, or rosemary.Most of us love ketchup with our fries. Store-bought ketchup can contain a lot of sugar and calories. Instead, make your own, so you can control the ingredients and keep the sugar content down.Or you could try mixing ketchup with Greek yogurt to cut down on the sugar and provide some protein.
You May Like: How To Bake Dog Treats At Home
What Potatoes To Use
Use raw potatoes or even frozen French fries. Russet potatoes, frequently called Idaho potatoes, are the most commonly used for fries, but Yukon Gold potatoes are good for French fries with creamy centers.
Due to skin texture, I recommend peeling Russets, but peeling is not needed with most other potatoes with thinner skins.
After cutting into ¼ to inches, the fries need to be soaked in cold water for 20-30 minutes to remove starch, then dried well before proceeding. If you skip this step, you will have a mushy mess that will not be crisp.
You can use almost any potato for this recipe. But this is not a sweet potato recipe they need some special treatment to get crispy fries.
Use An Air Fryer For Extra Crispiness
“Set your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 14 minutes. Make sure to pull out the tray at the five- or six-minute mark and toss the fries around, and they should come out perfect,” Koeppe said.
Also Check: Aldi Mama Cozzi Take And Bake Pizza
Dont Skimp On The Oil
- To make crispy French fries from scratch you need oil to help the potatoes crisp up in the oven and give them a hint of that familiar French fry flavor. For this recipe, I use a basic, extra-virgin olive oil.
- I dont have a recommended method for making French fries in the oven without oil, but you can use grapeseed oil or canola oil instead of olive oil.
Refrigerator And Freezer Storage Tips
- To Refrigerate. Place leftover fries in an airtight storage container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat using the method for How to Make Your Fries Crispy Again above.
- To Freeze. Spread the fries in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place them in the freezer until solid. Transfer the frozen fries to an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Reheat from frozen as directed above, adding about 3 or so extra minutes to the cooking time. How long you bake frozen French fries can vary, so keep an eye on them.
Can You Cook Frozen French Fries At 350 Degrees
You can cook French fries at 350 degrees. But it is not recommended because each cooking method has its own optimal time/temperature combination depending on the result you want . For example, 350 degrees for 22 minutes is ideal if youre looking for a soft-baked French fry.
On the other hand, if you want them crispy, youll have to give them at least 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Air Fryer French Fries
Say goodbye to the guilt of indulging in french fries! When you are craving that salty, crispy hot fresh french fry, air frying is the only way to go. They taste just like theyve been fried in oil, but they are not! They are so much healthier for you, and the taste is amazing. I used to bake my frozen french fries so I wouldnt have to fry them and Id feel better about serving them to my family. But the taste and texture always fell a little short. You have to try this air fryer recipe. It will change the way you eat your french fries forever.
Air Frying has changed the way I cook so many things. From steak, to chicken, to even pizza, the air fryer makes them faster, healthier and so much better. With this air fryer frozen fry recipe you get all the taste and texture of fried french fries but without all the oil and fat and so much faster than in the oven. Its a total winner in my book.
You May Like: Lays Baked Chips Variety Pack
How To Make Frozen Fries Crispy In The Oven
Dont thaw the fries before using them. If you put them into the oven frozen, youll find theyll come out with a better texture and flavor.Your oven must be hot at the right temperature before adding your fries so that the outside crisps up nicely. Check your package of fries for the recommended baking time and temperature.This will differ with different brands. Usually, around 400 F is hot enough, for about 20 to 30 minutes.If youre using a convection oven, and the package recommends baking your fries at 400 F for 20 minutes, set the convection to 375 F and check if the fries are crispy and colored after 15 minutes.A baking time of 20 30 minutes for frozen fries is a guideline. The length of time will vary, depending on the thickness of the fries, your oven, and your personal preference. Take them out when they are the final color you want.Thicker fries will take longer, while thin fries will bake faster.A slightly lower temperature will work better if your fries are very thick. The higher temperature would get the outside of the fry done before the center is cooked.If the fries are skinny, they could burn without crisping, so keep an eye on them and adjust the time accordingly.
How Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In The Air Fryer
Heres a very easy way to fry in an air fryer:
Read Also: Baker Pool And Spa Chesterfield Mo
Do You Have To Fry Fries Twice
Double frying helps make fries crispy, but its unnecessary if you fry at the right temperature and allow them to fry for the right time. So the answer is that you dont have to fry fries twice. Double frying is just an option some people choose to do in order to get their fried food crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, but you can opt for one round of frying instead.
How Do You Cook Frozen French Fries In Air Fryer
Before we dive into the cook-time for frozen French fries, lets take a look at how to properly cook them in your air fryer.
As with every air fryer recipe, you want to make sure that you preheat your air fryer before cooking. For frozen French fries, preheat your air fryer to 400°. If you have an air fryer model that doesnt need to be preheated you can skip this step.
Once preheated, spritz the air fryer basket with a tiny bit of oil to prevent sticking. Add in your frozen French fries the amount you can fit in your fryer will vary depending on your model, but in general, try not to overfill this will require more cook-time.
Depending on your model, cook your fries at 400° on the French fry or frozen setting for 15 minutes. Pause and shake your basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Once the 15 minutes are up, check your fries and cook for an additional 5 minutes if necessary to achieve your desired crispness. Season your fries while warm. Enjoy!
Also Check: Pet Inc Oven Baked Dog Treats
How Long Does It Take To Bake Fries At 400f
French fries are a delicious and popular side dish, but they can be tricky to cook.
One common question is how long to bake french fries at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. The answer depends on the size and thickness of the fries.
For example, thin shoestring fries will only need to cook for 15-20 minutes, while thicker steak fries may take up to 30-40 minutes.
Another factor to consider is whether or not the fries have been pre-cooked.
They will need to cook for closer to 30 minutes if they are raw.
How To Fry Frozen French Fries In A Pan Apply Those Amazing Methods
- Review: 4.77
- Summary: · Cook the fries for 4 minutes each batch until they turn a beautiful golden brown color. After the fries have been cooked, place them on a towel
- Matching search results: Here are you get all the ideas on How to Fry Frozen French Fries in a pan. I highly recommend using aluminum foil for the perfect browning. When frying, you need to be careful. Aluminum foil is easy to clean, so there wont be any problems after
Recommended Reading: Baked Squash And Zucchini With Cheese
Dip Them In Beer Batter For Crispy Results
If you feel like going the extra mile with your frozen fries, you can opt to lightly fry them on the stove using a rich, homemade beer batter.
“Lightly coat the fries in the batter and add a little Cajun seasoning,” Mendoza said. “This adds more crunch to your fries along with a light, spicy note from the seasoning.”
To make a quick beer batter, simply combine a cup of all-purpose flour with an egg and any seasoning you desire. Whisk to combine, and then slowly add about a cup of any beer you have handy.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- We love the simplicity and ease of cooking frozen french fries in an air fryer! Plus, theres no messy oil to deal with SO much nicer and easier than deep frying! The fries also come out perfectly crispy, which is not always the case if youre baking them in the oven.
- You can season your fries with different seasonings for a more gourmet snack. Try garlic or onion powder, seasoned salt , or chipotle powder for fries with a kick.
Recommended Reading: No Bake Spinach Dip With Cream Cheese
An Acid Will Help Bring Out The Flavor Of Your Fries
Try pairing frozen fries with acidic ingredients to enhance their natural potato flavor.
“Fries benefit from the addition of acid,” Harvey told Insider. “Toppings like citrus juice, vinegar, hot sauce, and pickles contrast the richness of the crispy fries.”
Be careful not to go overboard with liquid acidic toppings, as too much moisture can make fries mushy. Add a light spritz just after taking the fries out of the oven.
How To Make Your Fries Crispy Again
- In the unlikely event of leftovers, you can reheat the baked fries by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and placing an empty baking sheet in the oven while the oven preheats.
- Spread the leftover fries in a single layer on the hot pan, then pop the pan into the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes. Watch the fries carefully the last few minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- If youve ever reheated French fries from a restaurant, you know nothing replaces the just-cooked taste , but they did at least perk up somewhat.
Also Check: Bake Me A Wish Coupon Free Shipping
Is Baked Fries Better Than Fried
During frying, French fries soak up excess oil, making them greasy. The baking method used in this recipe allows you to control the amount of oil and use far, far less. Less Fat and Calories. Because of the decreased amount of oil, baked French fries calories and fat are lower than their fried counterparts
Can I Bake Frozen Fries Instead Of Frying
Yes! Baking your french fries will not only give you a healthier alternative but also cut down on the cooking time by almost half . In addition to saving calories and having less grease to clean up after baking, this method also gives your fries that same crispy exterior we all love so much.
Just be sure to flip them halfway through the cooking time to get even crispiness on both sides. Or toss them in oil beforehand, so both sides naturally come out crispy.
And dont forget about adding salt and pepper before they go into the oven!
Don’t Miss: Baked Chicken With Mayo And Parmesan
Are Baked Frozen French Fry Healthy
Yes, they can be healthier than fried french fries! Baked French fries are lower in fat than the fried version but still contain all of their delicious flavors you know and love just without any added grease or oil!
It is important to note that although baking potatoes may be healthier than frying them, the potatoes themselves contain ingredients that are not considered healthy. One of these ingredients is hydrogenated vegetable oils.