How Can You Tell If Pork Chops Are Done Cooking
Using a meat thermometer is the best way to tell if a pork chop is done. The internal of a pork chop should be 145-160°F for safe consumption. For pork chops, an internal temperature of 145°F is medium-rare and 160°F is medium-well.
Alternatively, if you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can cut into the center of the pork chop to check the color. The pork chop is fully cooked when the meat is white. If the meat is pink or bloody, it is not done and needs to cook longer.
Can I Use This Recipe For Shake & Bake Chicken
Sure! For chicken, I like to cook at a slightly lower temp, 375ºF. Now, depending on the cut, thickness, and whether its bone-in or not, it could be done anywhere from 25 minutes to 55 minutes. I would recommend using a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken without touching the bone. It should read 165ºF when done.
Raspberry Chocolate Keto Protein Shake
Looking for a tasty Keto protein shake recipe to help you start the day? This drink has got you covered. Blending up this ketogenic protein shake will take you around five minutes and is zero hassle. its going to be your new favorite treat.
Per Serving: Calories: 342 kcal | Fats: 26.2 g | Protein: 10.3 g | Carbs: 12.6 g.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Summerville Sc
How To Air Fry Pork Chops
- We tested several different brands for this Air Fryer shake n bake pork chops recipe. They really are super similar and cooking times and techniques are the same. How these brands different slightly is in texture and flavor. Some are more seasoned and saltier than others. So just test a few different shake and bake style breading mixes to find the one that best suits your taste!
- The boxes say to moisten the pork chops first and we added more options to do this: ice water, milk, egg or mayo.
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your type of pork chops. Once you make your first batch in your specific air fryer, youll know exactly what time and temp works best for your personal taste.
Copycat Shake ‘n Bake Pork Chops Recipe
First you shake ’em, then you bake ’em. Shake ‘n Bake pork chops are one of the most well-known pork chop dishes in the United States, and to know them is to love them. If you have a craving for pork and want to make your own version of the classic dish, then look no further than this simple and delicious copycat Shake ‘n Bake pork chops recipe. Not only does it require just a few ingredients, but it doesn’t take much time to prep, which is excellent for anyone looking for an easy family dinner. It’s also worth mentioning that there are only four steps in the entire cooking process, making this recipe a piece of cake.
Jason Goldstein of Chop Happy is the mastermind behind this quick dinner that’s sure to please. His favorite part about it is how easy it is. “I love the simplicity,” he says. There’s no need for a dredging station complete with flour, egg, and bread crumbs. “Just put seasoned pork chops in the bag with bread crumbs and bake,” he says.
Keep scrolling for more details on how to make copycat Shake ‘n Bake pork chops.
You May Like: How To Bake Stouffer’s Lasagna
Why Should I Brine My Pork Chops
Pork chops are notorious for ending up dry and bland. Brining in a saltwater bath for at least 15 minutes will allow moisture to be drawn into the meat making it more juicy and flavorful.
I like to brine my pork chops for at least a couple of hours to see some breakdown of muscle tissues and even more moisture, but a quick soak should do the trick as long as you promise not to overcook the pork as well. Trust me, this makes a difference and requires no special equipment or skill.
This recipe uses a few aromatics in addition to the salt and water, but feel free to only use salt and water if you need or desire.
How To Store Leftovers:
- Store: After they cool to room temperature, you can store your leftover shake n bake pork chops in an airtight container or gallon size zip baggie in the fridge for up to four days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze your pork chops for up to three months.
- Thaw: Remember to thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- Reheat: To reheat, put your pork chops in a microwave-safe dish and heat in the microwave for one or two minutes.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Nashua Nh
Why You Will Love These Shake And Bake Pork Chops
What a scrumptious meal these delicious, juicy pork chops make, and they are ready to eat in just a short period of time. Making this dish is super easy and only requires a few simple ingredients.
They are perfect to make for any type of gathering because this dish takes just minutes to prepare and cook. Taking them to a potluck, a picnic at the beach or for a tasty dinner will be a crowd pleaser. If you love easy recipes, you can also try Air Fryer Shake and Bake Chicken, Chicken Wings, or Air Fryer Turkey Breast.
How To Season Your Own Breadcrumbs
Important note! If you want to go for your own seasoning mixture, use a lighter hand with the seasonings in the recipe below or youll have an overly salty mess on your hands!
To season your own bread crumbs, you can use a wide variety of spices based on what you like best with chicken. You can also dress up pre-mixed seasoned bread crumbs to make them more interesting.
If you want to go in a savory direction, then any combination of the following is great with breaded chicken, thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley.
For spicy, use cayenne and pepper and dried mustard.
If you want a more herbal or fruity edge to your breadcrumbs, then dried lemon peel, cilantro, basil, or even mint work. Dont use too much mint though. A little goes a long way.
Of course, dried onion powder and garlic powder go with all of those or work on their own merits. In fact, any combination of these is fantastic.
Check out all of my Traeger Recipes!
Breaded pork chops that arent cooked yet!
You May Like: Packaging For Baked Goods For Sale
Prep The Pork For Pellet Grill Breaded Pork Chops
With breaded pork chops, you want thinner cuts of pork. Most breaded pork chops actually call for pounding the pork cutlet to make it thinner. This has a few benefits, but it is totally optional.
If you do decide to lay some smackdown on your pork, then there is a method to the madness. Wrap the pork chops in plastic wrap, then smack it a few times with a heavy cast iron pan. It will thin the piece of pork.
The advantages of doing this include:
- A crispier piece of pork
- Less chance of burning the breading waiting for the pork to cook through
- Tenderizes the meat
- Faster cooking time and better surface area for smoke penetration
Of course, a bone in pork cutlet is not going to work this way. No problem. You can still bread it and smoke it. Just make sure the meat is not too close to the heat. You dont want the breading to burn while the pork cooks through.
Having a bone in means a longer cooking time any way you slice it.
Also check out my Stuffed Smoked Pork Tenderloin!
What Kind Of Pork Should I Use
After I coat the pork in the Shake and Bake, I lay it on a shallow sheet pan so it has enough room to circulate and get crispy in the oven. You dont want to overcrowd the pork so use two pans if necessary. And then, its time to dig in when everything is baked to crunchy perfection.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Mcknight Road
Easy Keto Shake And Bake Pork Chops Low Carb Idea Quick Healthy Best Recipe Dinner Lunch
Affiliate links are provided below for your convenience. You can see my full disclosure policy here.
Keto Shake And Bake Pork ChopsInsanely delicious keto shake and bake pork chops you will want to make tonight.Easy homemade low carb baked pork chops that are loved by all.Simple breaded pork chops oven baked to perfection.Quick low carb shake and bake pork chops recipe for dinner or lunch.Yummy gluten free shake and bake pork chops that kids and adults
How To Make Shake And Bake Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
- Optional: Lightly spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F
- Crack both eggs into small bowl.
- Add salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne and thyme into egg mixture and mix well.
- Dip each piece of pork into the egg mixture and then put it in to the bag with the shake n bake and shake up to coat.
- Place shake n bake pork chops into air fryer basket. Do not overlap or crowd air fryer basket.
- Then air fry shake and bake pork chops on 400°F for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 6 to 8 minute until cooked to an internal temperature of at least 160°F.
- Depending on your air fryer, the size of your fryer basket and amount of pork chops in the basket, you can cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until you reach your desired level of crispness and internal temperature as needed.
Pre-Heating Air Fryer: I recommend pre-heating air fryer. However, if you choose not to pre-heat, add about 3-4 minutes to your cook time. Check for crispiness at the end of your cook time and add additional cook time as needed until your pork chops reach correct internal temperature as recommended by FDA.
This recipe works well with any brand of air fryer including Ninja Foodi, Gourmia, Vortex, Nuwave, Cuisinart, Cosori, Power XL and Power Air.
Don’t Miss: American Journey Oven Baked Dog Treats Recall
Shake And Bake Keto Pork Chops
Tender and moist Keto Pork Chops, shake and bake style, have a crispy coating thats so tasty theyll take you straight back to your childhood!
The inspiration for this recipe comes from that good ole stand-by pork chop coating we all loved as children growing up!
Years later, prior to Keto, I still enjoyed making ShakeN Bake chops. They were so quick and easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. So, I set out to find a low carb substitution! And I DID it!
Once you see how easy it is to create this amazing gluten free-coating, youll love making this Keto pork chop recipe for your whole family.
If you are craving crispy fried pork chops but looking for a healthier way to enjoy them, I promise you that this recipe will please even the pickiest eaters! Its just that good.
What Temperature Should Pork Chops Be Baked At
Baking pork chops is easy, but to make sure they are properly done, you’ll need to cook pork chops for at least 7 minutes per 1/2-inch side, in a 400-F oven until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
This is to ensure that the pork is fully cooked throughout and safe for consumption.
You May Like: How To Determine Shelf Life Of Baked Goods
How To Cook The Shake And Bake Bread Pork Chop
The first thing is to dreg your cutlet in flour, then right into an egg wash, then drop it into a plastic zip bag full of your seasoned crumbs. Shake, shake, shake, like rock and roll never died.
Now take the breaded cutlets out and lay them into a lightly oiled cast iron pan and set that over the hottest part of the pellet grill.
Turn the cutlet after a few minutes.
When the breading has baked on for a few minutes on each side, then put the cutlet over the cooler area of the grill. Cover, and let it smoke and cook through and through.
Keto Shake And Bake Pork Chops
Insanely delicious keto shake and bake pork chops you will want to make tonight.
Easy homemade low carb baked pork chops that are loved by all.
Simple breaded pork chops oven baked to perfection.
Quick low carb shake and bake pork chops recipe for dinner or lunch.
Yummy gluten free shake and bake pork chops that kids and adults love.
No need for restaurant food when you can make from scratch low carb bake pork chops.
Serve with cauliflower rice, mashed cauliflower rice, keto mac & cheese, veggies or side salad.
Get ready to bake up the best keto low carb shake and bake pork chops.
Check out these other
Also Check: How To Bake Red Potatoes
Keto Shake & Bake Chicken
The following recipe makes enough coating for about 16 large chicken drumsticks. There are about 8 net carbs in for all of the coating, so each low carb shake & bake drumstick will be about .5g net carbs.
For the breading only: Calories: 68 Total Fat: 3.8g Sodium: 403.2mg Carbs: .5g Fiber: 0g Sugars: 0g Protein: 7.9g NET CARBS: .5g.
For one drumstick with breading: Calories: 218 Total Fat: 10.8g Sodium: 488.2mg Carbs: .5g Fiber: 0g Sugars: 0g Protien: 28.9g NET CARBS: .5g.
Homemade Shake & Bake Pork Chops
Homemade Shake & Bake Pork Chops
Homemade Shake & Bake Pork Chops are absolutely another recipe to add to that easy weeknight meal list.
What’s to Love About This Recipe?
- The classic seasoned coating we love – The pork chops’ homemade Shake & Bake coating is a great copycat of the classic texture and flavor we remember.
- Family-favorite recipe – This one’s loved by the kids and grown-ups alike.
- Quick & easy to make – Measure, mix, and bake is all it takes. You can have the homemade Shake & Bake made in 10 minutes or less, and then it’s just 30-35 minutes in the oven to bake.
- Flavorful – Loaded with a blend of 9 spices and seasonings in the mix, these baked pork chops are also loaded with fabulous flavor.
- You control what’s in the mix – When you make your own Shake & Bake coating, you control exactly what’s in it. Want to up the spice? — No problem. Want to tone it down? — No problem, either. Less salt? — You got it!
Homemade Shake & Bake Pork Chops Ingredients:
- Pork Chops – Either bone-in or boneless pork chops work fine for this recipe. We recommend using regular-thickness pork chops, not thick-cut or thin pork chops, for the best result once baked.
- Plain dried bread crumbs – Both store-bought and homemade plain bread crumbs work for this recipe. For ease and convenience, I use store-bought.
- Canola or vegetable oil – Brings the coating components together and helps the coating adhere to the meat.
- Salt & pepper
- Granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Onion powder
Also Check: How Long To Bake Chicken Strips At 350
Other Easy Air Fryer Entrees
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Rinse and moisten pork chops with water.
- Add Shake N Bake to a bag and shake the chops, one at a time, to coat. Place chops on a plate as they are coated. Discard remaining coating.*
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper. Add coated chops to the lined air fryer basket. Spray the top gently with olive oil, or add a small amount of butter. Cook for 10-12 minutes**, or until the pork chops reach 145°F, flipping and spraying with oil again after 6 minutes. Allow to rest for 3 minutes then serve.
Pork Chops In The Oven
How long do I need to cook pork chops in the oven? This question comes through all the time and the answer is it depends. It depends on a lot of variables. The only thing constant is that your pork chops should register at 145 degrees before serving.
The average pork chop is about 5 ounces and will take 30-35 minutes in a 350 degrees oven.
Can pork chops be pink? Pork can become tough when overcooked, so I do like a little bit of pink in mine. However, as long as the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, which is generally the temperature they are cooked to in a restaurant. However, the FDA suggest 160, but much like beef, it just doesnt taste as good overcooked!
Read Also: No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Bars
Shake And Bake Pork Chops Are So Good
Theres nothing quite like the perfectly cooked pork chop, is there? This flavorful on the outside and juicy on the inside recipe is just what you need to kick your week off the right way. To make this delicious meal it all comes down to the right spices. The main contenders of this recipe are garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and psyllium husk powder. All of this combined creates the scrumptious flavor that will keep you coming back for more. Simply put all the tasty ingredients into a bag with the chops. Shake vigorously until its evenly coated. Viola! You have perfectly seasoned meat that is ready for the oven! Now you know each and every bite has just the right amount of seasoning.
You may not be familiar with psyllium husk powder is a fiber that actually promotes heart and pancreas health, plus many other health benefits. Adding a bit of this to your diet can certainly go a long way in promoting good eating habits. Not only is this dish totally keto-friendly, but with this added ingredient it even does more for the body!
- 4 Weeks of Delicious Keto Recipes!
- Leftovers and Bulk Preps Included
- Maximize Your Keto Diet’s Success