Tips For Gourmet Mac And Cheese:
- Avoid pre-shredded cheese: Its really best to shred your own cheddar cheese, rather than using store bought pre-shredded cheese. Fresh shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese melt easier and tastes better.
- Use High quality ingredients: the better the ingredients, the better the end result! In particular, high quality bacon and cheese! Great ingredients make all the difference in the end result truly being gourmet.
How To Make Bacon Mac And Cheese
This recipe comes together in just over 30 minutes, so you can have bacony, cheesy goodness fast. If you want to make it even quicker, you can skip baking and serve it right out of the pan. I suggest trying it baked though!
Baked Mac And Cheese With Bacon And Breadcrumbs
There is no comfort food more easy to make at home than homemade macaroni cheese, or mac and cheese, or even just mac n cheese as it is called in different places!
This is my baked mac and cheese with bacon recipe.
This variation includes bacon and eggs, though I am not suggesting you eat this for breakfast! I had some eggs yolks leftover from some baking and decided to add to the sauce, to give it some more richness.
And we all know that bacon and cheese belong together. It worked out quite well I do think.
You May Like: How To Bake Sweet Potatoes
The Best Baked Mac And Cheese
Perfectly cheesy, creamy, and gooey baked mac and cheese topped with bacon crumb topping. Bacon makes everything better and a layer of crunchy bacon and Panko topping makes this baked mac and cheese the best. A perfect, simple combination of cheeses makes this mac and cheese texture smooth and flavorful.
Mac and cheese is a wonderfully comforting dish so make sure to also try my Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese and Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Casserole.
How To Reheat Mac And Cheese
To reheat frozen mac and cheese, place the mac and cheese in a baking dish. Cover the mac and cheese and bake it at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour. Uncover the mac and cheese and let it bake another 10-30 minutes until the mac and cheese is hot and bubbly.
This bacon mac and cheese combines classic creamy mac and cheese with the savory crunch of bacon to make an unbeatable combination.
Don’t Miss: Ong Bak 2 Full Movie
How Do You Make Bacon Mac And Cheese
For bacon mac and cheese, you first want to cut bacon into small squares and cook it in a pan. Some of the bacon fat gets mixed with flour, milk and water to make a sauce, and the pasta simmers in the sauce until tender. Add a generous amount of cheddar cheese, and stir in the crispy bacon. Add more bacon for garnish, along with a sprinkle of parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Macaroni And Cheese Recipes For Christmas
Ooey gooey homemade macaroni and cheese recipes are one our favorite holiday side dishes. Not only is it absolutely delicious, it is a favorite for kids of all ages. While we love classic macaroni and cheese, we also love trying new tasty twists. Brie mac and cheese, bacon macaroni and cheese, pumpkin macaroni and cheese the opportunities to elevate mac and cheese are endless. From the traditional creamy mac and cheese to a fun new version, which one will you make?
Also Check: Simple Baked Macaroni And Cheese
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: You can make this recipe 1-2 days ahead of time. Prepare the mac and cheese through step 10, just before baking. Allow it to cool, cover it tightly, and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
To freeze: Make the entire dish but freeze before baking. Allow it to cool completely in the 8×8 pan, cover it well with plastic wrap and tinfoil and store it in the freezer for 2-3 months. Allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake until warmed through and the cheese is bubbly on top.
You can also FOLLOW ME on , , and for more great recipes!
Common Questions About Macaroni Cheese And Bacon Bake:
Can this meal be frozen? Yes. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months. Defrost, then heat until piping hot.
What kind of cheese should I use? You could use almost any kind of cheese in this recipe! I used a combination of colby and mozzarella for their big flavour and melting qualities!
Read Also: How To Bake Frozen French Fries
Make Baked Mac And Cheese Gluten Free
If you are gluten free, dont get discouraged because this baked mac and cheese is very easy to make gluten free.
Use gluten free pasta. If you dont have a favorite, I prefer the Tinkayada brand of gluten free pasta. Its texture is the least crumbly and tastes the most like regular pasta.
To thicken the cheese sauce, there are two options. Option one is substituting flour for gluten free flour, and option two is using cornstarch instead of flour.
If choosing to use gluten free all purpose flour, simply substitute it for regular flour and mix it with melted butter.
When using cornstarch instead of flour, it has to be mixed with cold milk first and then added to the pot to heat through.
To make the bacon topping gluten free, use gluten free bread crumbs instead of Panko.
Elevated Macaroni And Cheese With Bacon And Gruyre
October 14, 2021 by Ashley Manila
Elevated macaroni and cheese with bacon and gruyère is the perfect side-dish! Its great for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas, or any night youre craving comfort food! The gruyère cheese gives this dish a grown-up sophistication, the bacon adds a crunchy element, and the shellbows are the perfect noodle to catch all of the deliciousness going on in this recipe!
You May Like: How To Mail Baked Goods
Tips For Bacon Mac And Cheese
- I use corkscrew pasta in this recipe, its sometimes called cavatappi or cellentani. These noodles are heartier than standard elbow macaroni. That being said, if you want to use elbow macaroni or a different type of short pasta, that will also work well.
- You should use freshly grated cheddar cheese for this recipe. The bagged pre-shredded cheddar cheeses are coated in anti-caking agents and just dont melt as smoothly.
- I find that whole milk works best for the creamiest sauce, you can also use half and half or low fat milk.
- You can use pre-cooked bacon to save on prep time. If you go that route, swap out the bacon fat in the recipe for 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- I like to garnish my mac and cheese with a little chopped parsley. You can also use green onions or chives, or omit the herbs entirely.
What Cheese To Use
We all have our favorite cheeses to put into mac and cheese and I often choose the same ones. I always make sure to get one cheese with extra flavor and one cheese that will provide gooey, smooth, and stringy texture. This combination works great for enhanced flavor and texture.
When choosing a flavorful cheese, go for sharp cheeses or ones that are known to be flavorful. Select extra sharp cheddar cheese for a great flavor kick. In addition to cheddar, you can also choose to add another flavor like Parmigiano Reggiano. Even though it doesnt melt as well, it will add another layer of flavor.
Mozzarella is the best cheese for smooth cheese sauce because it melts beautifully and extra gooey. Cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese melt just as nicely.
When it comes to cheese options, choose a block of cheese over shredded. Shredded cheese is mixed with cornstarch and other separating agents that affect the texture of cheese when melted. Thats why for smooth, creamy cheese sauce, its best to use a block of cheese and grate it yourself.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Olive Branch Ms
How To Make Bacon And Crab Mac And Cheese
STEP ONE In a large skillet, brown bacon and onions. Stir in crab meat until heated through. Remove from heat. and set aside.
STEP TWO Prepare pasta according to package directions, seasoning pasta with salt.
STEP THREE In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add flour with a whisk and cook for one minute. Slowly add milk, whisking until smooth. Let milk come to a slow bubble, then add cubed cream cheese and stir until melted and mixture is creamy and smooth. Add shredded cheeses and continue to stir. Add Dijon mustard and pepper.
STEP FOUR When pasta is ready, drain and add to cheese mixture. Stir in crab and bacon. Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together butter, Panko bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over pasta. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until bubbly.
What Is The Best Cheese To Use For Macaroni And Cheese
The key to macaroni and cheese is using a cheese that melts well. I like to use cheddar because it melts well, it tastes great and has a nice color. You will want to use a medium or sharp cheddar cheese for the best flavor. Avoid the extra sharp aged cheeses. Aged cheddars tend to separate or get oily when heated and do not melt well.
Also Check: Simple Baked Mac And Cheese
What I Love About This Recipe:
That crumb topping: the panko bread crumb topping give it the perfect taste and texture youd find at your favorite restaurant.
The homemade sauce:You know what I love most about the sauce for this mac and cheese? It uses every-day pantry ingredients butter, milk, flour, half and half, cornstarch, mustard, and spices once combined, they make the BEST, creamy, cheesy homemade sauce for mac and cheese.
Family favorite: this is a huge crowd pleaser that I serve year round! Anytime Ive served it at a part, everyone raves. You can bring it as a side to serve along steak or chicken, Or serve it as a main dish with a side of green beans or roasted veggies.
How To Make Gourmet Mac And Cheese:
1. Cook the pasta: cook your favorite pasta according to package instructions, just until al dente t! Strain and rinse with cold water. Set aside
2. Cook the bacon in a large skillet until perfectly crispy. Make sure to leave a tiny bit of that delicious bacon grease in the pan for step number 2the sauce!
3. Make the sauce: melt butter, whisk in flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and gradually whisk in milk. Mix together cornstarch and half and half. Gradually add it to skillet followed by mustard, chicken bullion, onion powder, garlic, powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until slightly thickened and remove from heat.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese, bacon, and pasta. Pour mixture into 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
5. Top with crumb topping: Add panko, melted butter and olive oil to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until crumbs are golden brown. Evenly sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the gourmet mac and cheese. Add remaining bacon crumbles on top.
6. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm.
Also Check: Bak Bakflip Mx4 Folding Tonneau Cover
How To Make It
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
Slice the onions into even, 1/4-inch slices and toss in heated olive oil/butter. Caramelize slowly over medium/low heat. Remove and set aside.
Cook bacon until crispy in a large skillet while the onions caramelize. Remove and set aside. Reserve 4 Tbsp. bacon drippings and heat them in the same skillet. Add flour and whisk for 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and milk in splashes, stirring continuously.
Add the seasonings and hot sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Separately, boil the pasta until just al dente and drain.
Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in the shredded cheese. Add the caramelized onions and stir to combine.
Add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Garnish with bacon and parsley.
A Super Tasty Pasta Bake Made With Macaroni A Homemade Cheese Sauce Crispy Bacon Bits And Crunchy Panko Crumbs
Mac and cheese is one of those meals that once you get a craving for it, you have to make it that night! If you’re going to spend all day thinking about a meal, you want to make a good one. Enter my next-level Macaroni Cheese and Bacon Bake.
This epic mac n cheese is made with a super tasty, homemade cheese sauce. I’ve also included rashers of crispy bacon which adds to the crunch and flavour of the dish.
Read Also: Aldi Mama Cozzi Take And Bake Pizza
How To Make Pumpkin Mac And Cheese
This isnt a 15 minute recipe for macaroni and cheese, but 30-40 minutes aint so bad either. And its worth the extra time to cook in all that flavor! Pumpkin, bacon, bread crumbs, and loooots of cheese all baked together in a casserole dish. I love how cheesy and creamy this recipe turns out, and the pumpkin and bacon add so much savoriness to it.
You wont believe how much creaminess the pumpkin adds to this family favorite. Just the right touch of something extra to take a recipe from great to amazing. You guys know I love my cheese, but now I love pumpkin and cheese together thanks to this baked mac and cheese with bacon.
Be sure to follow along with Real® Seal via , , and their website for more info and recipes!
See the recipe card below for details on how to make Pumpkin Mac and Cheese. Enjoy!
If you like this bacon mac and cheese recipe, try some more fave macaroni and cheese recipes:
Bacon And Gruyre Baked Macaroni And Cheese
We all have our own ideas of what makes a mac and cheese recipe perfect, dont we?
Some folks love the quick and creamy stovetop version, while others prefer a thicker, heartier baked variety. There are the mac and cheese purists and the mac and cheese extremists who try to shove a million different ingredients into their dish! And then of course, there are the folks who prefer their macaroni and cheese straight out of the box!
Hey, no judgement here! But do me a favor? And let me bend your ear a little more about MY perfect macaroni and cheese recipe, ok? Because I have a feeling I might just bring you over to my side!
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Dallas Hwy
Three Cheese Bacon Mac And Cheese
Rebecca & nbsp|
This Three Cheese Bacon Mac and Cheese is loaded up with crispy baked bacon and three different kinds of cheese Parmesan, Mozzarella, and Cheddar Cheese its to die for!
If youre a big Macaroni and Cheese you might also enjoy my Creamy Stovetop Mac and Cheese and my Crock Pot Mac and Cheese!
Im a sucker for Mac and Cheese. Its kinda the ultimate comfort food, am I right? Now when I say that this Three Cheese Bacon Mac and Cheese recipe is to die for, I mean that pretty literally.
Im pretty sure I can actually feel it clogging my arteries as I eat it, but its just so good I cant help myself.
I mean bacon, pasta, and cheese its like the perfect combo! So if in the end, its the Mac and Cheese that gets me, well, at least it was something I enjoyed.
But Id die 1,000,000,000 times happier if I got to follow it up withBanoffee Pie before meeting my fate. After all, I am a dessert kinda girl!
This recipe was actually inspired by Longhorns Steakhouse Bacon Mac and Cheese! I have to get it every time we go there and decided that I really needed to make a copycat recipe at home.
I might be being a little biased, but I think I nailed it!
Creamy Bacon Mac And Cheese
Just made this tonight for dinner, it was a success! My eight year old loved it, had two servings! I doubled the recipe and baked in two loaf pans. I used a little extra cheese and extra bread crumbs, just personal preference. Next time I will definitely add some real bacon. I think this is a perfect recipe when you’re running short on time, simple and quick!
Tracey M. | August 1, 2017
Was this helpful?
Recommended Reading: How Many Carbs In Baked French Fries
How To Make Bacon Mac And Cheese:
- The first thing that I do is dice my raw bacon and cook it over medium-high heat until it’s cooked through. Once it is cooked, I dump the panko breadcrumbs in and stir them around with the bacon. Then, set the bacon breadcrumb mixture aside.
- While the bacon is cooking I shred up all of my cheese. For best results shred your own cheese and don’t use the bagged pre-shredded.
- Set the cheeses aside and start boiling your macaroni according to package directions.
- Melt your butter and whisk in the flour. Let the flour and butter cook for about one minute to get rid of the “floury” taste.
- Next, slowly whisk in the milk until you have a smooth mixture.
- Now you will let your milk mixture simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes until it has thickened.
- Then, turn the heat off and stir in all of your shredded cheese until melted.
- Mix your cheese sauce together with your cooked macaroni and pour into a large baking dish. Top evenly with the bacon and breadcrumb mixture, then bake for 20-30 minutes.