Tips For Mushroom Rice
- This baked mushroom rice can be cooked in an ovenproof pan with a lid, or in a square baking dish thats covered in foil. Either one works, although I prefer the lid option myself.
- Be sure to use long grain rice for this dish, as short grain rice will become sticky during the longer baking time.
- Do not add any salt to this baked rice recipe. The dish has plenty of salt from the canned soups. Watching your salt intake? Look for low sodium versions of the soups.
What To Do With The Floating Pool Of Butter
Though most people wont see anything wrong with a lovely pile of floating butter, some people might find it a bit strange that, after removing this dish from the oven, there is a thick layer of melted butter bubbling on top.
Dont worry, though as soon as it gets removed from the heat and starts to cool slightly, the butter will sink into the rice, completely coating every single grain and giving it an intense, buttery, delicious flavor.
This is obviously going to make this dish incredibly buttery, which is in no way a bad thing, but feel free to cut down on the butter a little bit if you want something that is a little bit healthier.
Looking for more delicious Side Dish recipes? Try these out:
Still Searching For What To Cook
- 2 CupsWhite Long Grain Rice
- 2 10.5 oz cansCampbells French Onion Soup
- 1 8 oz canSliced Mushrooms
- 12 tablespoonsButter sliced into Tbsp chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place rice, soup, butter and mushrooms in a 13×9 pan. Stir and cover with foil.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Stir after 30 minues.
Check for doneness of rice after one hour.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Baked Potatoes On The Grill
Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix
Growing up, my mom always had Lipton Onion Soup Mix in her pantry.
This dried blend of seasonings was just what a variety of recipes called for to enhance flavor.
I use Dry Onion Soup Mix in my own kitchen now. But instead of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, I make my own.
Making Homemade Onion Soup Mix perfect for anyone who has dietary restrictions, but still wants the flavor punch that a packet of dried onion soup packs!
Read Also: Lipton Onion Soup Mix Burgers
Crock Pot Chicken & Rice
My family enjoys this chicken recipe. Sometimes I use Tony Chachere Seasoning Salt instead of salt and pepper.
Provided by Jo Ann Duren
|1 pkg onion soup mix|
|2 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted|
|1 1/2 c milk|
|salt and pepper to taste, or tony chachere seasoning salt|
|grated american cheese|
- 1. Mix onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, milk, water and rice in a small mixing bowl.
- 2. Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- 3. Lay chicken breasts in crock pot. Place one Tablespoon margarine on each chicken breast.
- 4. Pour soup mixture over chicken breasts. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with grated American cheese.
- 5. Cover, cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Recommended Reading: Chicken Soup Delivery Shark Tank
You May Like: Baked Chicken Breast Recipes With Ranch Seasoning
How To Make Chicken & Rice Casserole:
Mix: First up youll need to prepare the rice and soup mixture. While your oven pre-heats go ahead and add the uncooked white rice to a mixing bowl and then pour in the water, dry soup mix, and cream of chicken soup. Stir to combine.
Assemble: When the creamy rice mixture is ready you can pour it into a prepared 9×13 baking dish. Smooth it out evenly in the dish and then you can start adding in the chicken tenderloins. Just place them over the top of the rice mixture and try to keep them from overlapping.
Sometimes we sprinkle the chicken with extra seasoning and sometimes we just let the onion soup mix do the work. You can feel free to get creative or keep it simple.
Bake: Now you can go ahead and cover the dish with foil and let it bake for an hour.
Were going to turn this into a cheesy chicken casserole by topping it off with a bunch of shredded Gruyere cheese. Once youve topped the casserole with the cheese cover it with foil again and return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the cheese has melted.
Also Check: Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix Ingredients
French Onion Rice Bake
Sharing is caring!
It only takes 4 ingredients to make this easy French Onion Soup Rice side dish that is packed full of flavor! It goes wonderfully with any main course and is great to serve to guests.
I saw this recipe floating around years ago and knew I had to make it right away. The original recipe is actually called Stick of Butter Rice. Yep, you heard me right a STICK of butter in this recipe. I mean, its not like youre eating the whole dish as it serves 6 people. Therefore, I wanted to change the name as to not scare off any healthy eaters out there.
This french onion rice bake is the perfect side dish for any meal and is most definitely holiday dinner worthy, which is why Im sharing it so close to Thanksgiving. Everyone loves a good ol fluffy mound of mashed potatoes on their plate alongside their turkey, but how about adding something different this year? Dont be afraid of change . I hate change! You can throw this together in a hot minute and concentrate on your other, more high-maintenance side dishes . It tastes like French onion soup turned into a rice dish!
Serve this french onion rice bake with a roast, chicken dish.the sky is the limit. Check out my collection of Thanksgiving recipes if you need some inspiration! Its all together for you in one post because Im super helpful like that.
You May Like: How To Mail Baked Goods
Variations For Butter Rice:
You can leave this rice plain for a perfect kid friendly, savory rice. Or load it up with some favorites like crumbled bacon or mushrooms. Either way, this rice will turn out to be the star of the meal and will feel more like the main dish than a side.
- Add ins: Sliced mushrooms, bacon crumbles, or diced onions.
- Serve with: Parmesan Chicken Tenders, Smothered pork chops, Crock Pot pork chops.
- Toppings: Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top adds a nutty flavor that is perfect with this rice.
- Rice: Use wild rice or brown rice instead of white rice. Tip: Brown rice may take longer to cook.
- Soup: Swap out the French onion for cream of mushroom soup.
- Sauces: Add in soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or beef consomme for even more flavor.
More About Lipton Dried Onion Soup Recipes
COPYCAT LIPTON DRY ONION SOUP MIX | A MIND & QUOT FULL& QUOT MOM
THAT OLD LIPTON ONION SOUP POT ROAST RECIPE FRUGAL HAUSFRAU
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until well browned on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with Onion Soup Mix. Tuck the potatoes in around the roast. Add the carrots and celery. Pour about 2 cups of water into the skillet the beef was browned in and scrape up any brown bits from the pan. Pour into the crockpot. Add additional water to reach halfway up the roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 5 hours.
LIPTON ONION SOUP RECIPES DRY MIX COPYCAT GRAPHIC RECIPES
COPYCAT LIPTON DRY ONION SOUP MIX RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CLASSIC LIPTON ONION SOUP MEATLOAF RECIPE
RECIPES USING LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX | THRIFTYFUN
LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX GRAVY RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
Recommended Reading: Onion Soup Mix Dip Recipe
Recommended Reading: How To Use Laura Geller Baked Foundation
Perfect Fluffy Baked Rice
I know regular readers are probably sick of me saying this, so this is for the benefit of new readers / first timers who happen across this recipe being of Japanese background, I was raised a rice snob. Mushy rice is a crime in my family.
I like my rice tender but not super soft which actually means it is overcooked. Fluffy rather than mushy.
Thats what this recipe yields. Fluffy rice.
Its garlicky and buttery. The mushrooms are 80% browned and I love that they are still juicy inside. The rice has absorbed all the broth AND the mushrooms juices. See how much the mushrooms shrank in the photos above? All that flavour ends up in the rice.
Mushroom Lovers this one is for you! Go forth and enjoy! Nagi x
Creamy French Onion Mushroom Rice Casserole
Creamy French Onion Mushroom Rice Casserole is a warming and delicious meatless casserole that will fill your house with the savory scent of French Onion Soup!
Hey, hey everyone welcome to the start of a short week! How was your Labor Day weekend?
Honestly I kept forgetting the holiday was coming and didnt make any super exciting plans, but we filled our days up nonetheless! Ben and I sailed into the long weekend with wine for her and brewskies for him on the back porch Friday evening, listening to cicadas until the sun went down. Which, did you know thats when cicadas stop buzzing? Literally when the sun goes down. #thingsibringtothetable
Saturday we watched college football all day then hung out at Bethany & Nicks house out in the beautiful countryside that evening. It was such a fun night letting the kids play together until Lincoln had an allergic reaction to something and got itchy hives all over his face and neck. Poor thing! We gave him Benedryl but packed it in a little early to make sure we were close to home in case things got worse. Thankfully after an hour and 15 minute drive he was completely back to normal. I tell you what, food allergies they. just. suck!
Don’t Miss: Baked Zucchini Fries No Breading
How Can You Make Baked Mushroom Rice Healthier
If you have a rice cooker and want to make a healthy version of this rice, you are in luck!!! I share how to make it in this blog post: Easy French Onion Brown Rice in an Aroma Rice Cooker. You wont believe how easy it is. If you dont have an aroma rice cooker, I HIGHLY recommend it. You can find it. It is one of my most used, favorite kitchen workhorses.
If you try this, Id love to hear how you like it. If you have a version of this recipe that you love, feel free to share in the comments of this post. I try to reply quickly to everyone who writes!
Please visit the Family Savvy storefront to see all my faves and must-haves for your home, family, and friends.
As always, thanks so much for stopping by. Be blessed, and stay savvy!!!
Why Cant You Use Instant Rice In This Recipe
Instant rice is a really convenient cheat for making rice really quickly, especially when you are at a loss for a simple side dish.
However, while instant rice is usually perfectly fine in most applications, you definitely dont want to use it here.
While they might seem pretty similar, if you tried using instant rice and cooked it for the same amount of time, you would likely end up with a sludgy pile of white goo. While it would still taste great, it doesnt look or feel quite right when you eat it.
Since this recipe uses a long cook time to get all of the flavorful liquid to absorb gradually into the rice, it is key to use regular, uncooked rice here so that the end result is still fluffy and delicious.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Carrollton Ga
Mushroom Rice Recipe Notes
- Rice long grain white rice is my preferred grain here and my pantry is never without it, but basmati and jasmine also work. Avoid using risotto rice, sushi rice, and paella rice because they will end up too sticky. I have not tested this recipe with brown rice, but typically brown rice requires more liquid and extra cooking time.
- Mushrooms normally I wouldnt even consider using canned vegetables when fresh can easily be used, but I grew up eating this dish with canned mushrooms, so thats how I always make it. Plus it eliminates one more step of needing to saute anything. Its so crazy good, you cant even tell. But if thats a hard pass for you, fresh mushrooms are great too, of course. Youll need to slice them, then season and cook them in a skillet before adding them to the rice.
- Liquid the combination of canned French onion soup and beef consommé delivers a creamy, rich, unbelievable taste, but either or both can be replaced with beef stock, chicken stock, or vegetable stock Still good!
The Recipe Is Calculated Using Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs and rice recipes with lipton onion soup mix. To reduce the fat use boneless skinless breasts instead. Add sliced mushrooms to top of chicken pour water over the top and cover pan. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-x-13 baking dish with oil.
Step 3 Place the chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour the mushroom mixture over the chicken. 14 cup olive oil. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Add mayonnaise to another shallow dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 60 minutes stirring once halfway through cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
Seal with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 2 12 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine soup mix and bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
Pat chicken thighs dry trim excess fat. Mix first 6 ingredients and spread evenly into casserole dish. Add the rice milk cream of chicken soup and soup mix to a bowl and stir well to combine.
Low sodium at 114mg per serving. Pour over the rice and stir to blend ingredients. Place butter into foil lined pan and put in oven to melt.
Soup milk and Lipton onion soup mix in bowl. Add rice onion broth and soup and stir until combined. Mix rice soups and milk.
Place the chicken in the rice mixture and sprinkle lightly with pepper. Put into preheated oven 350 degrees. Combine rice mix cream of celery soup cream of mushroom soup garlic powder and water in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Pin On Recipes
You May Like: Baked By Melissa Nut Free
This Rice Is A Southern Staple
Known as church lady rice or mushroom rice or rice casserole, this dish is a yummy Southern staple. Anyone who is older than 50 who grew up attending church potlucks knows this rice very well. There would always be at least one casserole dish of this rice at any picnic, potluck or special event.
Easy And Delicious Chicken And Rice Casserole
This recipe is so easy to make. Just cover with foil and bake! This is really nice to make before going to church or even put in a slow cooker before work. Yum!
Provided by J. Saunders
|1 package dry onion soup mix|
|4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F .
- Spread rice in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Rinse chicken and pat dry arrange chicken pieces on top of rice.
- Mix soup and water together and pour over chicken and rice. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix on top. Cover and seal TIGHTLY with foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories314.1 calories, Carbohydrate38.8 g, Cholesterol59.6 mg, Fat5 g, Fiber0.9 g, Protein26.2 g, SaturatedFat1.4 g, Sodium958.8 mg, Sugar0.8 g
Also Check: How To Make Soup Dumplings
Recommended Reading: Baked Mac And Cheese Nytimes
Instant Pot French Onion Chicken And Rice Casserole Is A Quick And Easy Weeknight Meal That Combines Chicken And Rice With The Robust Flavor Of Your Favorite Onion Soup Mix
This Instant Pot French onionchicken and rice casserole would take well over an hour to bake in the oven, but youll have this weeknight dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Easy meals and hearty comfort foods are two of my favorite thingsand when I can find a way to combine them, its like the stars have aligned!
By reworking my popular Instant Pot chicken and rice by adding some Lipton onion soup mix, I have arrived at a main dish that is flavorful, cheesy, and just plain comforting.
I grew up eating so many different southern style casseroles with chicken and rice. They are frugal and delicious and you can customize them in so many ways.
These were the meals people brought to your house when someone was sick, had a baby, or had passed awaybecause these were the meals that made you feel like you were like being wrapped in a big hug.
This pressure cooker French onion rice with chicken is the perfect example of the versatility of rice and chicken casseroles. In fact, its on my list of the best Instant Pot chicken and rice recipes!
You can make a batch right in the pressure cooker which means there will be no extra dishes to wash and you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family.
More Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Recipes Youll Love: