Bakflip F1 Tonneau Cover
The BAKFlip F1 truck bed cover is well-known for its aerodynamic fit and impact-resistant fiberglass skin. It’s easy to use and easy to install with invisible bolts that don’t require any drilling. With a near-factory fit, this tonneau cover will look like it was manufactured exclusively for your truck. The advanced latching and locking system provides additional security to keep your cargo safe.
Bak Folding Bed Covers
If you’re looking for a hard truck bed cover that does it all, the BAKFlip Series is it. From sleek contemporary styling to state of the art functionality, BAKFlip hard folding truck bed covers are sure to impress. Constructed from tough aluminum or composite panels, all BAKFlip covers offer tough security, operate easily from either side of the truck, perform in all climates, provide full access to stake pockets, and most importantly, offer 100% unobstructed access to your entire truck bed. Hauling large items in your truck is never a problem. The ability to lock and load is finally an option with the patented features that only a BAKFlip can offer.
Bakflip G2 Vs Mx4 Folding Tonneau Cover Comparison
A hard folding tonneau cover gives you security and weather protection for small cargo while also offering near-total bed access when you need to haul large items. While many of these covers seem similar at a glance, the differences between the BAKFlip G2 and MX4 lie in the details.
- Hard Folding Cover opens by flipping backwards towards cab.
- Locks with Tailgate With the cover shut and your tailgate locked, your bed is more secure than your cab.
- Aluminum Construction Aluminum panels won’t rust or corrode.
- No-Drill Installation Installs using bolt-on clamps.
- Made in the Usa The cover is made in the United States.
The BAKFlip MX4 features a matte black finish that matches many of your truck’s OEM accessories including bed caps and tailgate caps.
The BAKFlip G2 features a glossy black finish.
The MX4 is capable of supporting up to 400 pounds of evenly distributed weight on its top surface.
The G2 can support up to 300 pounds of evenly distributed weight on its top surface.
While most tonneau covers require you to close the tailgate with the cover in the open position, the dual-action tailgate seal allows you to open and close your truck’s tailgate regardless of the tonneau cover’s position.
The tailgate seal on the G2 tonneau cover overlaps the top of your truck’s tailgate, meaning you will need to close your tailgate with the cover open, then close the cover on top of it.
The MX4 is backed up by a three-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
Read Also: Fun Fall Things To Bake
Bak Tonneau Covers In Canada
TDot Performance is a fully Canadian owned and operated business. Because we are an authorized Canadian dealer of BAK products, you are covered by the complete manufacturer’s warranty when you buy from us. Most importantly, our customers pay no shipping, customs, duties, or border fees. Can’t find a specific BAK Product on our website? Make sure to give us a call.
How To Replace/install A Bakflip Cover For Your Truck
Disclaimer: The guidelines in this story are general and not meant to replace instructions for your specific vehicle. Please consult your owner’s manual or repair guide before attempting repairs.
While the exact instructions may vary depending on the model and year of your truck and the BAKFlip tonneau cover you choose, you can follow this general guide to install a new BAKFlip cover on your truck:
- To install your new BAKFlip cover, make sure you have a 9/16 wrench. You may also want to ask a friend or family member to help you lift the tonneau cover on the back of your truck.
- Place the tonneau cover on the bed rails of your truck.
- Secure your BAKFlip cover to the two supporting rails using the clamps on the sides of the truck bed.
- Tighten all the clamps on each side of your truck bed with the 9/16 wrench to secure the cover. Most BAKFlip covers include three clamps on each side, but longer truck beds may have four clamps on each side to provide additional security.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Carrollton Ga
Bakflip Hd Tonneau Cover
This heavy-duty cover provides the ultimate protection for all your cargo. The aluminum design is both strong and surprisingly lightweight, making it easy to install and handle. The powder coat and UV-resistant finish prevent corrosion to keep your tonneau cover looking new even after heavy use. The 5/8-inch thick sporting panels also provide protection in even the harshest weather conditions.
What Are Bakflip Bed Covers
BAKFlip produces a wide range of truck bed covers to protect your cargo while offering a unique design that allows you to fold up each of the panels for added convenience. Some of the main benefits of using a BAKFlip bed cover include:
- Easy access to your truck bed.
- Safe and secure transportation of cargo.
- Increased security from theft.
- Weather protection from rain, snow, and dirt.
- Organization and maximized storage space.
Also Check: Bak Revolver X2 Best Price
Types Of Bakflip Bed Covers
BAKFlip provides a wide variety of tonneau covers featuring different materials and styles. In this guide, we explore five Tf the most popular BAKFlip covers available today. Each of these BAKFlip tonneau covers folds up to allow you to access your entire truck bed. You can also choose to fold them down one panel at a time for partial coverage.
Bakflip G2 Tonneau Cover
The BAKFlip G2 tonneau cover is an affordable and durable option. Crafted with aluminum, the textured surface is stylish and matches many truck designs. EPDM rubber seals provide a weatherproof barrier that prevents rain from leaking in through the individual cover panels. The aerodynamic design also improves your truck’s performance and gas mileage.
You May Like: How To Bake Frozen French Fries
Bak Flip Tonneau Cover
BAKFlip G2 ALUMINUM SERIES Hard Folding Cover If you’re looking for a hard tonneau cover that literally does it all, the BakFlip G2 is it. From sleek contemporary styling to state of the art function, BakFlip G2 hard tonneau covers are sure to…
BAKFlip FRP COMPOSITE Hard Folding Cover If you’re in the market for a solid, robust, impact resistant, all season truck bed cover that performs as well as it looks, the BakFlip FiberMax hard folding tonneau is built for you. The BakFlip FiberMax is…
Bakflip Fibermax Tonneau Cover
The BAKFlip Fibermax tonneau cover includes many of the same features as the F1 and G2 for an affordable price. This lightweight and durable option is made with fiberglass reinforced polymer that provides protection against scuffing and dents. Rubber bumpers provide full protection against rain, snow, and dirt, while the aluminum base offers structural support. The advanced hitch and latch system make this tonneau cover a secure option to keep your cargo safe.
Also Check: Where Can I Get Baked Hot Cheetos
Bak 26309 Bakflip G2 Truck Bed Cover
- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- All Panels flip open in the same direction to reveal 100% of the bed if desired
- The BAKFlip is built from extremely tough, scratch resistant UV-Protected ABS laminate panels
- Revolutionary “living hinge” system ensures water resistance
- Panels automatically latch to both sides of the truck bed
- Entirely “Clamp on” installation, no drilling required
Similar item to consider
Compare With Similar Items
|This item BAK 26309 BakFlip G2 Truck Bed Cover|
|4.1 out of 5 stars||4.2 out of 5 stars||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.6 out of 5 stars||4.6 out of 5 stars|
|8 x 68 x 23 inches||78.58 x 70.75 x 4.2 inches||68 x 23 x 8 inches||69 x 23 x 8.5 inches||0 x 0 x 0 inches||81 x 9 x 23 inches|
4.1 out of 5 stars
You May Like: How To Bake A Butterball Turkey
One Tonneau Cover That Balances Security And Accessibility Rather Well
With decades of combined experience covering the latest news, reviewing the greatest gear, and advising you on your next car purchase, The Drive is the leading authority on all things automotive.
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
BY Austin Fracchia / LAST UPDATED ON July 29, 2021
This bed cover isnt the best in terms of absolute security and protection, but it does offer a lot in terms of quick installation and use. As a result, we recommend this cover as a budget option for anyone who doesnt have anything covering their truck bed.
- Simple and easy installation.
- Limited theft protection like many soft folding truck tonneau covers.
- Limited compatibility with older Dodge Rams, Ford F150s, Chevy Silverados, etc.
- Weight of the cover can make ease of use and installation a bit difficult at first.
- Lacks noticeable gains in fuel economy.
- Not much of a low-profile design. The overhand may restrict access to bed rails, tie down points, and other accessories. Might be difficult to use with some bed liners.
TheDrive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
Hard Folding Tonneau Covers
Hard Folding Tonneau covers are a popular cover style because of their durability and functionality. BAK’s patented BAKFlip design is the most recognizable tonneau cover in this category. The BAKFlip is the only hard folding tonneau cover on the market that can be retracted to reveal the entire truck bed. BAKFlip tonneau covers also feature BAK’s patented “No Profile” design, giving them the most streamlined and aerodynamic profile on the market. The BAKFlip design is so successful that Ford Motor Company uses it on all of its trucks. To accommodate different needs, the outstanding BAKFlip is available in a variety of configurations. Below is a table highlighting the differences between the various BAKFlip models.
Don’t Miss: What Can I Bake With What I Have
Bakflip Mx4 Tonneau Cover
If you’re looking for a truck bed cover that’s easy to install and use, the BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover may be the perfect option for you. This soft bed cover features a tri-fold design and aluminum panel sections to provide convenience and protection. The matte marine-grade vinyl is tear, scratch, and UV resistant to help you keep your tonneau cover look new longer.
This heavy-duty, all-season truck bed cover is designed to perform in the most extreme conditions. The MX4s resilient infrastructure is designed for everyday use, with upgraded components that provide enhanced resistance to the elements without compromising its sleek, low-profile look and feel. The MX4s solid and robust design is flush mount, and backed by an extended 3-year warranty.
- Durable Aluminum Matte Finish Panels
- Universal Tailgate Operation with Dual Action Seal
- Injection Molded Latch Housing for Long-Term Durability
- Premium Density Foam Core
- Advanced Scratch and Scuff Resistance
- Rated up to 400 lbs. of Evenly Distributed Weight
- Extended 3-year Warranty
- EPDM Outer Rail Seals for Maximum Water Resistance
- Automatic Latching Panels
- 3rd Brake Light Visibility
- No-Drill, Clamp-On Installation
Also Check: How Long To Cook A Baked Potato In The Microwave