Falls Must Bake Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Sauce: All of the flavors of pumpkin pie combine with homemade brioche bread and its topped off with a sinful salted caramel sauce. From Lisas Dinnertime Dish
- Cinderella Cake Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting -Moist spiced pumpkin bundt cake with creamy cream cheese frosting, topped with toasted pecans.
- Better Than *Anything* Pumpkin Poke Cake Aunt Bees Recipes will tell you she isnt a baker by nature, but this cake is too easy not to try!
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Glaze Spiced coffee cake with pumpkin and walnuts, drizzled in a spiced brown butter glaze. The perfect way to start a fall morning!
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls Who Needs a Capes delicious alternative to the traditional pies. Wow your friends & family with these autumn dessert delights!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirled Brownies: Creamy pumpkin cheesecake swirled between fudgy layers of chocolate pumpkin brownies.
- Pumpkin Cake Roll The Foodie Affair makes this easy fall cake roll and its the hit of her holiday parties.
- Pumpkin Spice Bars: Moist, cakey pumpkin bars topped with a pumpkin spiced cream cheese frosting.
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Exactly what it sounds like, you dump the ingredients into a 9×13 and bake. Topped with whipped cream, its really delicious!
Double Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread a truly must bake for Fall from Aunt Bees Recipes.
Visit A Pumpkin Patch
Scenic rows of pumpkins and other fun activities await you when visiting a pumpkin patch this fall season. Youll be hitting a lot of birds with one stone on this one. Like getting to pick a pumpkin for Halloween to take home with you, wandering around corn mazes, going on hayrides, tasting different pumpkin delicacies, and so much more!
Youll find different pumpkin patches across various states, so there will surely be one near you!
The 10 Best Things To Bake In October
September 29, 2021 by joythebaker
Friends, hello! I dont know about you but I am absolutely counting the days until October. I dont know exactly why. September is a lovely month of transition. But October! October means we can lean all the way into apples and browned butter and Halloween candy , and I can start to work through my canned pumpkin hoard. Here are the 10 best things to bake in October.
Gather ye apples and make Ina Gartens Apple Pie Bars. This is the easiest way to an apple pie moment and I like this ratio of crust to apple filling better than a whole pie.
As a child I would store my Halloween candy in a giant bowl on top of the refrigerator. I think my mom and dad both ate a good amount of it but thats just part of parental rights. These days, any Halloween candy that doesnt go in a Trick or Treaters bag goes into these Candy Bar Blondie Brownies.
My favorite cookie has gone pumpkin. These Pumpkin Black and White Cookies are tender little cakes covered with frosting. While weve got pumpkin on the brain, Deb of Smitten Kitchen has the best pumpkin bread recipe Ive tried.
Its soup season and I love a pot of homemade chicken soup. BUT soup is better with dumplings and dumplings are even better with pumpkin so we did it! Chicken and Pumpkin Dumplings
Add this to the list of things to make as you practice your pie crust techniques. This dinner pie is meat free but so hearty filled with squash and greens: Vegetarian Pot Pie.
Also Check: Recipe For No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Savory Butternut Squash Pie
Im all for savory baked goods, particularly tarts and pastries. This savory butternut squash pie, which is filled with roasted butternut squash, shallots, and feta cheese, is one of my favorite creations to date. It makes an amazing main course for the upcoming holidays, and can easily be tweaked .
Reader Review: Made this for Thanksgiving and it turned out beautiful! It was almost too pretty to eat! The family loved it! Lynn
Best Bake Sale Ideas To Make You The Coolest Parent Ever
Like this? Share it with your network!
Like this? Share it with your network!
Has the note come home again with your kid, looking for contributions to a bake sale to raise funds? Stuck for ideas? We seem to get several requests a year from our school, Scouts or other associations, and Im always on the lookout for new bake sale recipes. So here are 50 of the best bake sale ideas to make you the coolest parent ever:
for our free monthly newsletter, join us on , follow us on , , and .
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Nashua Nh
Easy And Fun Things To Bake
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins: These blueberry muffins are moist, fluffy, and bursting with flavor. You can whip up this healthy snack in a half hour using whole wheat flour, oatmeal and buttermilk.
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: This recipe combines two favorites in one: peanut butter cups and cookies! Theyre chewy, gooey and melt in your mouth! What more could you ask for?
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownies: Fudgey chocolate brownies are perfect for days when youre craving that extra bit of chocolatey goodness! Crispy on top and soft inside, this treat is totally addicting!
- Moist Vanilla Cupcakes: Who doesnt love a moist cupcake with homemade icing on top? This recipe is easy to make and great for sharing. Plus, the cupcakes stay fresh for days!
- Best Scones: Ever see delectable scones calling out to you from bakery windows? Now you can skip storebought and make your own at home. Theyre buttery and moist, plus easy to customize too!
- Banana Bread: When youre ready to elevate your banana bread game, look no further than this foolproof recipe. These loaves are flavorful, moist and irresistible!
Traditional Fall Date Ideas
All those traditional fall things that you look forward to each year can easily be turned into fun fall dates! Make some fun memories with your sweetheart this year by putting a little extra thought into your fall date ideas and having some fun fall-themed dates!
Read Also: Mac And Cheese Ingredients Baked
Create A Candy Wreath
As with all special occasions like birthdays or Christmas, making a wreath is a great ideaand a Halloween-themed candy one would not only be cute, but delicious too. It is also inexpensive and easy to do, even if you are not that artsy.
If you have kids, this is also a fun activity to do with them. You can add all sorts of Halloween-y stuff for your candy wreath like ghosts, spiders, you name it! Just make sure not to eat all of the candy while making it
Heres some cute DIY candy wreath ideas:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Requested yearly from my family, these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are insanely good. In fact, they more resemble little cakes than muffins . Theyre topped with a swoon worthy espresso glaze.
Reader Review: I made these muffins last night to share at work and they were tender and delicious! Becky
Recommended Reading: Baked Chicken Breast Recipes With Ranch Seasoning
Diy A Pumpkin Spice Latte
What do you do with the pumpkin puree gutted from your carved out pumpkin? Nothing tastes of fall like a sip of Pumpkin Spice Latte, and you dont have to go to Starbucks to get one. You can one at home with some blended pumpkin flesh from your carved out pumpkin. Just warm any kind of milk and then add the pumpkin puree, sugar, spices and vanilla extract in a pot. Combine the pumpkin spice mixture with strong coffee, and add whipped cream on the top. Voila! PS: you can get the exact recipe at Inspired Taste.
How To Make Ahead And Store
You can make or prepare some of these apple recipes ahead of time. Store the desserts and baked goods at room temperature for 1-2 days. You can also store them in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Confirm storing instructions by checking each recipe.
To reheat any of these recipes and serve them warm, reheat in a 300F preheated oven or air fryer for 5-15 minutes until fully warmed through, depending on the recipe. If heating from frozen, let it thaw first and then reheat.
Recommended Reading: Bake N Cakes Lansing Mi
Super Easy Fall Dessert Recipe
Have I mentioned how easy these are yet? Yup, pumpkin brownies are crazy delicious AND super simple to make. No need to make brownies from scratch here!
I love a good box mix hack, especially when I need to make something for a party on short notice. You dont have to go all out, but you can still show up with something unique that everyone will absolutely rave about.
Here are a few more easy fall desserts that I just love:
Drink A Pumpkin Spice Latte
A pumpkin spice latte is a fun take on a classic coffee drink perfect for Halloween. Most of you may think of buying one from Starbucks, but you can actually make one in the comfort of your own home! You can do it with your friends and imagine youre an expert barista. Plus, the smell of pumpkin spice will make your kitchen an instant hit for everyone in the house.
There are lots of homemade recipes that can be found on the Internet, but here are a few that are easy to follow:
Also Check: Baked Zucchini Fries No Breading
Apple Cider Donuts With Whipped Maple Topping
Serve breakfast for dessert with these Apple Cider Donuts. A sweet cinnamon donut is filled with a light whipped maple frosting, then topped with an apple cider glaze for a dessert that screams fall! Garnish with a couple cinnamon sticks and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Have A Scary Movie Marathon
Nothing says Halloween more than indoor fall activities, and a scary movie marathon may be just the thing to take your mind of real-life scary problems knocking at your door. If you want to keep it G-rated watch The Addams Family, Casper, Hotel Transylvania, etc., but if you need something scarier then flicks like The Shining, It, Carrie or anything else would surely spook you out.
Also Check: The Honey Baked Ham Co
Our Favorite Pecan Recipes
ICE CREAM STICKY ROLLS Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls baked with a sweet caramel-like syrup and pecans. Nobody will believe you made these rolls with ice cream!
- Sugared Pecans Candy coated pecans flavored with cinnamon and vanilla. Make perfect gifts, or fillers on holiday platters.
- Perfectly Toasted Pecans Make perfect, buttery toasted pecans for snacking or for use in all sorts of recipes.
- Pecan Pie No Thanksgiving dessert table is complete without the classic pecan pie. Anyway you say it, you gotta make it!
- Ice Cream Sticky Rolls Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls baked with a sweet caramel-like syrup and pecans. Nobody will believe you made these rolls with ice cream!
- Pie Crust Cookies with Whisky Caramel Drizzle Simple and flaky pie crust is transformed into easy pie crust cookies topped with a pecan and drizzled with a whiskey caramel sauce, from Take Two Tapas.
- Cinnamon Crunch Coffee Cake Perfectly sweet coffee cake with a cinnamon crunch middle and topping made with pecans. Ideal with your favorite cuppa!
Pumpkin Sheet Cake With Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
This true sheet cake is prepared in a standard half sheet pan and uses an entire can of pumpkin puree . It is topped with a decadent cream cheese frosting infused with ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, and pure maple syrup.
Reader Review: I made this cake over the weekend. Everyone loved it! Was perfect to kick off Pumpkin Spice Season. Van
Also Check: How Long To Bake Banana Bread
Tour Your Towns Halloween Decorations
Do your neighbors decorate their houses? Are there any particular streets which are hot spots when it comes to the Halloween spirit? Most people start decorating their homes for Halloween in the first fortnight of October, though early birds kick off in late September. Its always lots of fun to tour the neighborhoods and pick out the best decorated homes.
Play A Game Of Halloween Bingo
If you want to take a break from trick or treating, you can still enjoy Halloween inside your home by playing a game of Halloween Bingo. With different variations of the game and lots of possible patterns to make, everybody will have a chance to scream Bingo!
You can pick up Halloween-themed bingo cards at your local store or you can make one yourself. You can also check out our very own !
Don’t Miss: Samsung Toast And Bake Microwave Oven Mt1066sb
Visit The Local Pumpkin Patch
What better place to pick a pumpkin than at the pumpkin patch. It is one of the most exciting fall things to do for families because most producers also include other activities, such as hayrides, to enhance the experience. The best time to arrive is 15 minutes before the gates open so as not to have to wait in a long line or arrive too late to pick the best pumpkins.
Must Bake Maple Recipes
Sweet sticky maple syrup coats the crispy salty bacon all encased in flaky puff pastry. A great recipe from West Via Midwest.
- Baked Maple Donuts with Cinnamon and Sugar These maple flavored baked donuts from lovin from the oven are dusted in cinnamon sugar.
- Maple Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze Betty Crockers Maple bundt cake it top notch! Its a must make for the Maple lover.
- Maple Bacon Bourbon Pecan Muffins Seduction in the Kitchen says Cupcakes for Breakfast! Sweet maple cream cheese icing on top of a buttery delicious bacon filled cupcake garnished with bourbon pecans.
- Maple Bacon Cheese Twists Sweet sticky maple syrup coats the crispy salty bacon all encased in flaky puff pastry. A great recipe from West Via Midwest.
- Maple Bacon Glazed Cinnamon Rolls Who Needs a Cape? knows just how to make those cinnamon rolls better add a maple bacon glaze!
- Milk Chocolate Maple Bacon Cookies Say what? The Foodie Affair went there she added bacon and maple to her chocolate chip cookies!
- Maple Bacon French Toast A perfect balance of sweet maple syrup, tender challah bread and crisp salty bacon, from LeMoine Family Kitchen.
A heartfelt thank you to my blogger friends who contributed to this amazing list of Must Bake Recipes for Fall.
Speaking of my Amazing Blogger friends Look at these Fall Loving Round Ups from some of my favorites!
Also Check: How Long Do You Bake Garlic Bread
Pull A Harmless Halloween Prank
Tis the season to be scary, which is why conducting a harmless prank for Halloween is essential. The sky is the limit when generating your master plan. But going the traditional route like using onions instead of apples for your caramel apples is not a bad idea as well.
Here is a list of harmless Halloween pranks to inspire you in pulling off the scare of their lives:
It’s Officially Fall Which Means It’s Finally Time To Preheat Your Oven And Start Baking
So we rounded up 14 fall desserts that are super impressive yet totally doable from classic carrot cake to individual hand pies.
Get the recipe:Pumpkin Roll
Get the recipe:Apple Hand Pies
Get the recipe:Molasses Pound Cake
Apple butter can be found next to the applesauce in most grocery stores and lends these bars a rich apple flavor. If you can’t find it in your store, you can also make your own with just a few simple ingredients.
For the absolute best flavor, use a quality maple syrup to make these cookies and avoid the imitation stuff.
If you don’t have a bundt pan handy, feel free to bake this cake in a standard round cake pan. The presentation won’t be as impressive, but it’ll taste just as good.
Get the recipe:Pumpkin Streusel Bars
Don’t Miss: Baked Mac And Cheese Nytimes