How Long To Cook Bacon In The Oven
The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your bacon, your oven, your personal preference for doneness, and the type of pan that you use, so check on your bacon mid-cook every two minutes after the following bake times. Here are a few averages for your favorite types of bacon:
- Standard packaged bacon: 400F degrees for 15 to 25 minutes
- Center-cut bacon: 375F for 15 minutes
- Thick-cut bacon: 400F for 20 minutes
- Turkey bacon: 375F for about 15 minutes
- Pancetta : If diced, 400F for 10 minutes to get crunchy
- Duck bacon: 400F for 15 to 20 minutes
Flavors, like black pepper, applewood, maple, or hickory, generally dont affect the cooking time.
Check out our Bacon Jerky how-to!
How To Store It
You can store cooked bacon in the fridgefor about 7-10 days. And in thefreezer for up to 6 months.
Store fresh bacon in the refrigeratorfor about 1 week, and in the freezer for up to 6 months. When storing fresh bacon in the fridge, if bacon starts to change color or smell off, its safest to discard it.
Note On Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Originally published January 2011 and updated with new information on July 13, 2021.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Simpsonville Sc
Do I Need To Use A Wire Rack To Bake Bacon
When I first started baking bacon, I always put it on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet, thinking it would make the bacon crispier.
One day, I tried it without, and Ive never gone back. I find theres not much difference in crispiness with or without the wire rack , and who needs an extra thing to clean?
Is Cooking In The Oven Healthy
No Adverse Reactions: As baking requires no added oil, it does not cause any reactions in foods or any oxidation, making it a healthier option. All meats, fish, and vegetables can be cooked by baking. Retains Nutrients: Baking helps retain the nutrients in foods without adding any extra salt or fat.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Louisville Ky
Can I Make Bacon The Day Before
Yes, when you have a lot to make, cooking bacon in advance is a good idea. I would cook the bacon just until it starts to get crisp. That way when it comes time to reheat it you can reheat it until its just crisp. Its best to reheat the bacon in the oven or in the toaster oven if youre not reheating a lot.
What To Serve With Pork Steak
When it comes to side dishes, vegetables will always fit the bill. Whether you serve them fresh, roasted, steamed or pickled, they will put the steak in the best light possible.
If speaking of specific dishes, we would recommend you to try shredded brussel sprouts with bacon. The savoriness and richness of bacon goes well with the garden freshness and mildness of sprouts. Your pork steak will feel amazingly good with this stunning side dish.
Another side dish that is worth your attention is broccoli macaroni and cheese. The combination of the crunchy cruciferous veggie with the creamy mac and cheese is simply irresistible.
Our list of perfect sides for pork steak is completed by garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach with parmesan, and squash soup.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Evans Ga
How Do I Make Crispy Bacon
Method Put the bacon in a non-stick frying pan in a single layer. Top with another heavy pan or frying pan that fits snugly into the pan on top of the bacon. Fry on a medium-low heat for 10-15 mins until golden and super- crispy. Drain on kitchen paper before adding to sandwiches or crumbling over salads or soups.
Storing And Reheating Bacon
Storing bacon is easy. Once it’s cooled, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Reheat the bacon in a skillet over low heat or in the microwave in short 15-second bursts.
You can also freeze the bacon if you made a big batch. Just make sure to freeze the strips individually, or in between pieces of parchment paper, so they don’t stick together.
Also Check: Is Baked Beans Good For Weight Loss
Why Youll Love This Oven Baked Bacon Recipe
- Quick and easy. If you can arrange bacon on a rack and turn on your oven, well youve just learned how to bake bacon in the oven!
- Can make lots of bacon at once. Baking bacon is a great way to make large batches.
- Best way to cook bacon evenly. My oven method makes very crispy bacon, as it doesnt sit in the grease as it cooks.
- Not much hands on time. Pop the pan into the oven and go do something else. Much better than standing at the stove waiting for it to cook!
- Minimal splattering. Ive never had this issue with oven baked bacon.
Start Cooking The Bacon Before The Oven Has Pre
Why? Think about the way you cook bacon in a skillet: You start it in a cold skillet too. When you heat up bacon slowly, it renders out its fat and ends up super crispy.
Once you place the bacon in the oven, heat it to 400 degrees F and bake the bacon to your desired crispness. It should be done in about 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and use tongs to carefully transfer the bacon to paper towels.
How to cook bacon in the oven
Teri Lyn Fisher
Recommended Reading: Temp To Bake Apple Pie
Cook Bacon On A Baking Rack
Cooking bacon on a rack is basically elevating the bacon off of the pan so that it is cooked evenly and it is not laying in its own grease while cooking. There are pros and cons to this method. Try using a wire grilling tray that you might use for grilling shrimp or veggies on a barbecue grill if you dont have a specific baking/cooling rack.
When bacon is cooked on a cooling rack it will generally turn out crispier.
Oven Baked Bacon In 3 Steps
Don’t Miss: Bak Bakflip G2 Tonneau Cover
Can You Freeze Bacon
Sometimes I want to cook half a package of bacon rather than the full package. You can freeze uncooked bacon for up to 3-6 months. Place the uncooked bacon in a zip-top bag, squeeze out any excess air, and seal the bag before placing it in your freezer.
Place the frozen bacon in the refrigerator to thaw overnight before cooking.
You can also freeze cooked bacon! For food safety, its best to freeze bacon as soon as it is cool after baking. First flash freeze the bacon by placing it in a single layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or plate and freezing for a few hours. Once frozen, transfer the bacon to an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What Can I Do With Leftover Bacon Grease
Dont toss your leftover bacon fat. Use it instead. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Recommended Reading: How Long Do You Bake Chicken Strips
Cook Bacon Directly On Baking Pan
The other option is to cook the bacon on a baking sheet directly. This option means that the bacon will be a bit greasy when it is done but that is easily solved by draining and patting the cooked bacon with paper towels. We actually cook bacon using this method quite often. However, we do use a silicone baking mat when doing so.
Bacon cooked directly on the pan may turn out more tender than crispy, and more sopping with grease.
Learn about our favorite bakeware
How To Store Bacon Grease
Cover the jar with a lid and store it in the refrigerator. Even after the bacon fat in the jar has solidified, you can add more bacon fat on top and put it back in the fridge.
You can use the bacon fat for just about anything. It adds so much flavor and depth to roasted vegetables, stews and soups, and pretty much any meat.
TIPS FROM NELIS KITCHEN
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Olive Branch Ms
What Is The Best Temperature To Bake Bacon In The Oven
We tend to cook our bacon somewhere between 375-400°F. Why the range, you ask? Thicker-cut bacon tends to need a little higher-heat while regular bacon does really great at 375°F . If you arent sure which kind of bacon you have, we recommend sticking to 375°F and just adding a little bit more time at the end if needed.
- Regular-cut bacon
- 375°F for 25 minutes
- 400°F for 20 minutes
How To Cook Chicken Cordon Bleu In Oven Fast
Of course, cutting down the baking time in half is not possible, but you can do some tricks to win some precious minutes. For example, you can turn on the broiler for a few minutes to cook the chicken cordon bleu. The chicken will bake a bit faster and come out with a dark brown and tough coating. If you are a crunchy food fan, you will definitely like this. But if you not, you can turn on the convection to force hot air to circulate around the roll to speed up the rolls cooking while not delivering a super crispy exterior.
Recommended Reading: How Long Does It Take To Bake Chicken Tenders
Whats The Best Temperature To Bake Bacon In The Oven
The best temperature for bacon is 400°F in most cases. The few exceptions are turkey bacon and pre-cooked bacon that should be cooked at 350°F or according to the package directions.
If youre not confident your oven temperature is accurate, then use an inexpensive oven thermometer to ensure the best results.
What To Serve With Chicken Cordon Bleu
A perfect match for this main course that takes hardly any effort to prepare is steamed rice with veggies. This starchy and filling dish is an indispensable partner for the protein-rich cordon bleu. Dont hesitate to go for a big casserole of roasted vegetables, a plate of garlic mashed potatoes, or a generous serving of balsamic-glazed green beans. These delicious sides will put chicken cordon bleu in the best light taste-wise.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Duluth Ga
How Long Does It Take To Cook Bacon
Make sure to let the pan cool slightly before draining the fat. Depending on your desired doneness, regular sliced bacon will be ready after about 14 minutes and thick-cut bacon at 18 minutes. If you cook less than a full sheet of bacon, the strips cook more quickly, which is why we suggest checking after 12 minutes.
Is Baking Bacon Messy
Unlike pan-frying, the grease doesnt splatter everywhere while bacon cooks in the oven. Plus, most of the grease should drip down from the rack into the baking sheet.
Theres very little cleanup after making baked bacon. You just have to pour off the grease in the pans and scrub down the racks. Even if using a dishwasher, its best to hand wash first.
Don’t Miss: How To Bake Sister Schubert Rolls
Can I Cook Frozen Bacon In The Oven
Yes, you can cook frozen bacon in the oven. Heres how:
Remove the frozen, uncooked bacon from the freezer and check to see if you can easily separate the bacon into slices. When individual slices are frozen, you can easily cook the same way as when it isnt frozen- simply add 1-2 additional minutes to the total cook time.
However, if you froze the entire package of bacon all clumped together, chances are youre going to have a pretty tough time separating them. Dont worry, simply transfer your block of bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and use your microwaves defrost setting to thaw. Check regularly and peel away pieces as they loosen.
Once all bacon slices have been separated, transfer to your baking sheet and bake as outlined below.
How To Cook Bacon On A Cooling Rack
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil, making sure it covers up the sides.
- Use an oven-safe cooling rack that does NOT have a nonstick coating as that type can break down in the hot oven. Place rack in the center of the sheet pan.
- Arrange the bacon on top of the rack so theyre evenly spaced apart and dont overlap.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes, then carefully flip over and cook until the bacon is fully cooked, golden in color and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess bacon fat.
Cooking bacon in the oven is the one thing that is always on my to-do list each week, usually on Sundays. Why? I meal prep for my husband so he can make breakfast in the morning in less than 5 minutes. We also save a ton of money because Jason doesnt go to Starbucks as he used to for coffee and a bacon breakfast sandwich.
From a Ziploc bag, Jason grabs a slice or two of bacon in the morning and wraps it in a sheet of paper towel. He microwaves it for a few seconds just to get it warmed up for his breakfast tacos. Its pretty amazing to see how hes perfected his morning routine.
Now that you have a plate full of tasty bacon, you can devour right away, or it can be easily stored once cooled in a resealable plastic bag for up to one week in the refrigerator. Microwave it like my husband, add it to a hot pan to crisp, or chop it up for a salad.
Don’t Miss: Best Gluten Free Flour To Bake With
Make It Fancy: Baked Bacon Variations
- Peppered. Sprinkle the bacon slices with freshly-cracked pepper before baking.
- Brown Sugar. Sprinkle light brown sugar over the bacon before baking.
- Maple or Honey: Brush bacon slices with maple syrup or gently-warmed honey during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Maple-Black Pepper: After brushing the bacon slices with maple syrup, sprinkle with freshly-cracked black pepper.
- Maple-Chipotle: Mix 1 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder into 1/4 cup maple syrup and brush as described above.
- Hot Honey: Mix 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce into 1/4 cup of warmed honey.
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Glaze: Mix together 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons bourbon. Also delicious with a little cracked pepper or smoked paprika mixed into the glaze. Honey and maple syrup can be substituted for the brown sugar. Brush the glaze onto thee bacon during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Tip: If youre making a sticky or sugary glaze, like maple or brown sugar, drain the bacon strips on a piece of parchment or a wire rack set over paper towels. The hot sugars can sometimes stick to paper towels if they come in contact.
What To Do With Bacon Grease
A bonus advantage of cooking bacon in the oven on a rack is that the bacon grease drips down and is super easy to reserve.
- To save the bacon grease: Simply tilt the pan over a container, so that the bacon grease collects at the corner and drips down into the container. Make sure to do this while the pan is still hot, so that the bacon grease doesnt solidify. Just use an oven mit to hold the pan.
- How to store the bacon grease: You can store the bacon grease on the counter, but I prefer the fridge to be safe. It will solidify as it cools.
- What to do with the grease: You can use bacon grease in most savory applications in place of butter or oil. My favorite ways include frying eggs or stir fry vegetables!
Don’t Miss: Sweet E’s Bake Shop
Tips For Crispy Oven Bacon
- For easy cleanup, line a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper before adding the strips of bacon.
- Ensure the bacon slices are in a single layer, overlapping pieces wont crisp as well.
- If youre making larger batches of bacon, use two pans and switch the placement of the pans after about 10 minutes. You may need to add a few minutes of cooking time.
- Preheat the oven before adding the bacon to the pan.
Top Results For Baked Bone In Chicken Thighs 375
Crispy And Tender Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe | Allrecipes
Copy the link and share
Perfect Baked Chicken Thighs – The …
Copy the link and share
Baked Chicken Thighs | Recipe – Rachael Ray Show
Copy the link and share
Easy Roasted Chicken Thighs Recipe | Martha Stewart
Copy the link and share
How To Oven Bake Chicken Thigh – All Information About …
Copy the link and share
Question: How To Bake Chicken Thighs In The Oven With Bone …
Copy the link and share
Don’t Miss: Baked Squash And Zucchini Recipes