How To Make Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
For a Toaster-style Air Fryer: reduce the temperature to about 375F, flipping halfway, and keep the timing the same.
Also Check: Baked Bread And Pastry Company
Leftover Baked Potato Ideas
If youve made a batch of spuds and have a few to spare, try one of our ideas for leftovers.
RoastedCut baked potatoes into wedges and roast with brie and thyme for a deliciously melty cheese topping. Add a drizzle of truffle oil for extra luxury.
Deep-friedSlice and deep-fry leftover cold potatoes, then sprinkle them with crispy bacon and grill until crispy.
Tater totsChop your leftover spud into small pieces, pan fry them in olive oil and serve in a crisp salad with feta, avocado and lemon juice, sprinkled with zatar.
How To Serve Baked Potatoes
There are so many delicious ways to eat a baked potato!
A pat of butter, fresh herbs, and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper is a simple, but scrumptious way to enjoy your potato.
But if youâre looking to jazz up your potatoes, try some of these toppings ideas:
Load them with crumbled strips of crispy Air Fryer Bacon, plus your favorite shreddedcheese and a dollop of sour cream. Yum!
Season with taco seasoning, black beans, and diced tomatoes or your favorite salsa for a Mexican-style masterpiece!
Smother your air fryer potatoes with cheese sauce and top them with Air Fryer Broccoli. Itâs a combination that is simply out-of-this-world!
Recommended Reading: How To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
You May Like: Frigidaire Speed Bake Convection Oven
How To Make The Perfect Baked Potato
Always wash the potato
- I use the term wash loosely because a wet potato makes for a bad baked potato at least in my experience.
- Because potatoes grow in the ground, and they are NOT washed before theyre shipped, they likely contain some sort of pesticide residue and definitely dirt.
- I cant offer you much in the way of pesticide residue, UNLESS you want to wash the potatoes with homemade produce wash and then let them dry for at least a full day before baking.
- Your other option in terms of reducing pesticide residue is to buy organic potatoes. Although there are pesticides on organic produce, conventional potatoes have been on the Dirty Dozen in the past.
- As for taking care of the dirt, Ive found that using a dish brush like this one works like a charm. We have one thats dedicated just for produce, and use it to scrub the excess dirt off the potatoes.
Always season the potato
That means plenty of salt and pepper folks dont be shy. If youre going to stuff or serve your baked potato according to a theme , then season your potato appropriately to enhance the theme of the night.
- For a Greek baked potato Id make a batch of homemade Greek salad dressing and rub that instead of olive oil. OR Id use just the dry blend of seasonings in addition to salt and pepper.
- Another idea, for a Mexican baked potato, is rubbing homemade taco seasoning on the potato.
Always poke the potato
Its no myth folks, it is the TRUTH!
If the potato is exposed, cover with olive oil
When Is It Done
Gauging a baked potatos doneness can be tricky. Because they come in so many sizes, youre best relying on how it looks, smells, and feels, rather than a timer . Here are some tips:
- Fully baked potatoes will have slightly wrinkled skins.
- They may make tiny hissing sounds, if you listen carefully.
- If you lightly squeeze a potato, it should yield to the pressure of your fingers, and possibly even crack open a little.
- You should be able to slide a fork or skewer deeply into the potato with minimal resistance.
If you are still feeling unsure, use an instant-read thermometer: their internal temperature should be between 208°F and 211°F.
You May Like: Ruffles Loaded Baked Potato Chips
Best Ways To Make A Baked Potato
Baked Potato In the Oven
Theres actually more than one way to cook a baked potato in the oven, and theyre all pretty awesome in their own right. Lets give each method its own due credit, shall we?
Baked Potato in the Oven Whole, Wrapped in Aluminum Foil
This is the method that most of us probably grew up with, which is why Im listing it first. Its one of the best ways to make a baked potato that turns out absolutely perfect, every time. Soft skin on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
Step 2. Wash and poke the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper .
Step 3. Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and place directly on a baking rack.
Step 4. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted to the middle of the potato.
Baked Potato in the Oven Whole, Unwrapped
This method is the one most likely to wow your guests. Everyone knows a baked potato is usually soft but a baked potato with crispy skin?! Theyll wonder how you did it!
Lucky for you, its no magic trick. Its all because of the oil.
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
Step 2. Wash and poke the potatoes. Cover thoroughly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3. Place potatoes directly on a baking rack or on a cookie sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a fork is easily inserted to the middle of the potato.
Baked Potato Cut in Half in the Oven Unwrapped
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
Step 3. Season with salt and pepper.
Whats The Best Potato For Baking
The key thing to remember when learning how to bake potatoes is to start with the right kind of potato. It seems obvious, but not all potatoes are suitable for baking!
For this recipe, you need to buy large russet potatoes of the baking variety. Dont worry, your grocery store should have the different potatoes clearly labeled!
Read Also: How To Bake With Gluten Free Flour
How Do Restaurants Make Baked Potatoes So Fast
Baked potatoes are deliciously fluffy and comforting, and can be packed with whatever toppings you can imagine, whether it be some tuna mayo, chili, or even just a little slab of butter. Who would have thought that simply baking an average potato would yield such a delightful treat?
Bake potatoes are immensely popular across the world, thanks to their simplistic concept, but extremely versatile nature. The only real problem with baked potatoes is the time needed to make them!
Photo Disclaimer Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve for inspiration and cannot be copied for personal use. See Footer for more details. See here for more details.
Sure, you can make one much quicker by placing it into the microwave, but for the baked potato purists amongst you, that simply isnt enough, and wont yield the perfect results you expect.
Making a baked potato in an oven can take upwards of an hour, during which time youll be salivating at the thought of chowing down!
So how come when you order a baked potato at a restaurant it doesnt take over an hour to arrive at your table?
Air Fryer Baked Potato Serving Suggestions
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, then transfer them to a platter or individual plates. Next, slice them open, fluff up their insides with a fork, and top them with your favorite fixings.
There are tons of ways to top your potato. Here are some of my favorite healthy topping ideas:
- Chopped chives or green onions
- Freshly ground pepper
- Greek yogurt or cashew sour cream
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cooked vegetables like broccoli and spinach
You May Like: Safeclimb Baker Style 6 Ft
Why I Love These Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
For starters, these air fryer potatoes taste even better than I thought possible. Thats likely due to two things: the way the potatoes are sliced, and the seasoning blend used to flavor them. My instinct has always been to quarter baby Yukons for roasting, but this recipe instructs you to halve them. I was skeptical during my first go-round, but I quickly became a convert. Halving the potatoes gives you a bonus amount of fluffy, creamy goodness underneath the crispy exterior almost like a mini baked potato.
The seasoning blend is also a revelation. Always laser-focused on adding enough salt , I neglected to even consider other seasonings. But this recipe has you add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper, and I like to throw in a little Cajun seasoning, too. This combination ensures every potato packs a punch, but still tastes neutral enough to sit next to any main. I also like that you dont need tons of oil just one tablespoon per pound of potatoes.
And lets not ignore the ease. Theres no pre-soaking or par-boiling required. Simply pop em in the air fryer while you prep the rest of dinner. Even the midway flip is just a shake of the basket no tedious turning of individual spuds.
You May Like: How To Fix Baked Macaroni And Cheese
What Goes Good With Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
There are so many options. Pair them with my Asparagus Sausage Quiche for breakfast or my Cast-Iron Burgers for a quick fun weeknight dinner.
How about potato nachos? Add chili powder and cumin to the potatoes before cooking. When they have finished in the air fryer, layer on a baking sheet with taco meat and cheese and bake until the cheese is melted. Garnish with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Yum!
Make up a batch of breakfast burritos. The potatoes will go great with egg, onions, peppers, cheese, and a touch of salsa, all wrapped in a tortilla.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Lawrenceville Ga
Topping Ideas For Baked Potatoes:
- Butter, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled blue cheese, or feta or goat cheese
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Chopped chives or fresh herbs
- Guacamole or diced avocado
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Hot sauce or sriracha
- Sprinkle of paprika or other seasonings
So many possibilities!
Any way you serve them, I love that potatoes are perfectly portion controlled. I tend to get a bit crazy when piling pasta or rice on my plate, but a potato? The whole thing is mine.
And Im one of those people who eats the entire potato, skin and all. I take after my dad that way. Im a serious potato lover, and these microwave baked potatoes measure up beautifully.
I hope you give these a try they make dinner so easy and you end up with perfect, fast microwave baked potatoes every time.
P.S. You can sign up for my free e-newsletter and get my free e-cookbook with 10 easy weeknight dinners!
P.P.S. This is my favorite potato scrubber
How To Bake A Potato
One potato, two potatoyoull be making more when you use all the tips here for fluffy baked potatoes with crispy skin.
Fraya is a chef and a contributing writer at Food Network.
Its quite possible that the best baked potato you ever had was at a steak house. Maybe it just had butter, salt and freshly ground black pepper or maybe it was loaded with sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon and green onion. Either way, it probably had crackly-crisp thin and unbelievably fluffy inside. Whats the best way to achieve said baked potato perfection? There are a few specific tips and steps you should follow weve outlined them here.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Wake Forest
Ways To Bake Potatoes Faster
Who wouldnt love a baked potato? Whit crispy skin and creamy, fluffy texture, these baked spuds are a healthy, cheap, and delicious meal for any time of the day and can be eaten with so many different fillings and toppings.
There is only one problem this starchy and dense vegetable takes notoriously long to cook.
Potatoes take between 60 to 80 minutes to bake in the regular convection oven, depending on the size and variety of potatoes. Potatoes need to be baked long enough to cook thoroughly and become soft and fluffy inside, but not too long to make them dry, tough, or even burnt.
In this post, I will cover some tips and tricks on how to bake potatoes faster so that you can have a quick and easy meal without waiting for hours.
Preparing Your Potato For The Air Fryer:
While one of the reasons that I love cooking baked potatoes is because they are super simple and easy, I also love cooking them because the prep time is minimal. Like, mere minutes minimal.
Before I do anything, I always start by scrubbing off and washing the potatoes. Iâm a huge fan of eating the potato skins, so having them clean is a must! If you donât prefer to eat the skins, your next step would be to peel those skins off.
After that potato is sparkly clean, poke some holes in it so that the heat and air can escape. I love to run olive oil all over the outside as well and then cover with my favorite spices.
Donât Miss: Can You Bake With Arm And Hammer Pure Baking Soda
Recommended Reading: Carlo’s Bake Shop New York
How Long To Bake Potatoes
There are several schools of thought when it comes to timings.
- The standard method is 200C for 1hr-1hr 20mins.
- For a super-crispy skin and a slow-cooked inside, go for 180C for 2hrs 20 mins.
- If youre time-pressed, ping your potato in the microwave for 5 mins to soften it up, then finish in the oven for 35-40 mins.
See our baked potato recipe for more details.
Other Ingredients You Need:
- Firstly, ensure to properly scrub the potatoes.
- Now preheat the oven to 450° F.
- After this, slice the potatoes in half for a faster baking process.
- Toss the potatoes with a fork and pierce them on all sides. Toss with a little oil and a healthy dose of salt & pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or an oven-safe rack fitted into a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are readily penetrated with a fork.
- Check the internal temperature with an instant-read thermometer to make sure theyre properly cooked it should be between 200° and 205°.
The method of cutting potatoes in half, actually helps in faster baking. If not done, the process will easily take 50-60 minutes.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Easiest Dessert To Bake
Baking Potatoes In Advance
Thousands of steakhouses across America bake potatoes well in advance of serving them. These potatoes are not as amazing as ones straight from the oven, but they are pretty good.
However, after being kept hot for more than an hour, baked potatoes will get very wrinkly skins, their interiors will collapse and become dense, and the flesh under the skin will turn brown. If you want great baked potatoes, dont make them more than an hour in advance.
To keep fully baked potatoes hot, wrap them in foil . Its best to wear an oven mitt when you do this. Then pop the wrapped potato in one of the following options.
- An Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker on its keep warm setting.
- A slow cooker on the lowest setting.
- A small cooler thats been warmed with hot water, then emptied out.
- A regular oven on the lowest setting .
Oven Baked Potato Ingredients:
Alright first, lets talk ingredients. To make this easy baked potato recipe, you will need:
- Russet potatoes: Technically, you can make baked potatoes with any type of potatoes. But to make the best baked potatoes, I strongly believe that Russets are the way to go. The skins of Russet potatoes are nice and thick, which allow them to crisp up perfectly in the oven. And the insides are starchy, which make for an extra fluffy and sweet filling.
- Butter or olive oil: I also strongly recommend using butter to crisp up your potato skins, which adds so much flavor and helps the skins get extra golden. But if you prefer not to cook with butter, you could sub in whatever type of high-heat cooking oil you prefer.
- Kosher salt: I recommend using coarse Kosher salt, in order to add a bit of a crunch to the potato skins.
- Freshly-ground black pepper: You can sprinkle black pepper on the potato skin before baking and/or add a few generous cracks of black pepper to the fluffy insides of the potatoes once they have fully baked.
Detailed ingredient amounts and instructions listed below.
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Tulsa Ok
Do Baked Potatoes Need To Be Baked
If youre in a pinch for dinner and you dont have time to bake, you may be able to turn your baked potatoes into a quick and easy side dish. Just cook them in the microwave, according to the directions on your microwave oven. Instead of baking the potatoes, youll be microwaving them. If youre using a microwave-safe dish, simply place a microwave-safe plate on top of the potatoes, and then put the dish in the microwave. You can also cook the potatoes in a pan on the stove. Just pour some water into a pan or wok, and then place the potatoes on the top. Cover the pot, and then place in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes. To make the potatoes crispy on the outside, the best thing you can do is wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in a baking dish. This will help the potatoes cook without the water evaporating. This will also help to create some steam to help the potatoes cook.