How Long To Bake Turkey Burgers At 450 Degrees
This takes 15 minutes to cook turkey burgers at 450 degrees in the oven. At this cooking temperature, you can expect an extra crispy turkey patties. But make sure you keep an eye on your burgers to ensure they dont overcook. Also make sure that the turkey burger cooked temperature reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit for a fully cooked meat.
What Are Other Cooking Temperature For Turkey Burger
Depending on how you like your burger cooked, trying other temperatures might be a good option for you to consider. If you like more crispy ground turkey, you could go for higher oven temp such as 425 or 450 degrees. It takes 20 minutes to bake turkey burgers at 425 degrees in the oven. This temperature would be sufficient to give quite a bit of crisp to your turkey patties. But if you want an extra crispy turkey, go for 450 degrees. It will need just 15 minutes to cook turkey burgers at 450 degrees in the oven. As these high temperatures cook the turkey burger really fast, make sure you keep an eye on your burgers to ensure they dont overcook.
How Do You Cook Turkey Burgers In A Convection Oven
Cook the burgers: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the burgers for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, depending on how big they are. Check the doneness of the meal with a food thermometer. If you wish to add cheese to the burgers, remove them from the oven when there are two minutes remaining.
Don’t Miss: Oven Baked Mac And Cheese
Turkey Burger Recipe Ingredients
- Ground Turkey: Some brands of ground turkey have more moisture than others, so I recommend testing different brands until you find one that isnt too wet, especially if you plan to cook your burgers on the grill. To keep turkey burgers from falling apart on the grill, you can freeze the patties for 30 minutes before grilling to firm them up. Or you can cook delicate burger patties in the oven or in a skillet. If you choose extra lean ground turkey, your burgers may turn out drier than a less lean option.
- Fresh Parsley: Chopped parsley adds fresh flavor to the turkey burgers. You can omit it if you dont have parsley on hand.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This is optional, but it adds a delicious depth of flavor that makes the burgers extra irresistible. If you need your turkey burgers to be gluten-free, be sure to use a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce and serve the burgers in lettuce wraps or on gluten-free buns.
- Onion Powder & Garlic Powder: These seasonings make the turkey burgers so flavorful.
- Salt and Pepper: Dont skip the salt and pepper when seasoning your turkey burgers.
- Egg: With turkey burger recipes it can be tricky to make a burger that is moist and juicy because ground turkey tends to be dryer than beef. The egg adds moisture for juicy burgers and also helps to bind the ground turkey mixture together.
What can I use instead of an egg?
If youre looking for an egg alternative, you can use one of these to add moisture to turkey burgers:
What Temperature Do You Grill Turkey Burgers
Alternatively, preheat an outside grill over medium-high heat . Make sure the grate is sufficiently greased so that the meat does not adhere to it during cooking. Cook the burgers for about 5 minutes each side, rotating them halfway through the cooking process. It is necessary to cook ground turkey to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
You May Like: Is Baked By Melissa Nut Free
Ingredient Notes And Substitutions
- Ground Turkey I used 1 lb of meat to make 4 burgers. Dont go leaner than 90% lean, or you might find yourself with a dry, crumbly mess.
- Cheddar Cheese Shredded, sharp cheddar cheese is going into the burger, not on top of it! The cheese can be omitted as a dairy-free alternative, and other kinds of cheese would be delicious as well: Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, and provolone are all great choices.
- Eggs & Panko Bread Crumbs These are our binding agents to keep the meat together while grilling. Additionally, the breadcrumbs soak up all of the juice before it drips away, leaving the meat tremendously moist and flavorful.
- Worcestershire Sauce This tangy, savory sauce is perfect for bolstering the meats otherwise mild flavor without overwhelming it.
- All Purpose Seasoning My homemade seasoning is perfect for these grilled turkey burgers its a no-sugar, low- or no-salt blend thats delicious in so many dishes. You could also use your favorite grilling seasoning salt.
- Brioche Buns My go-to burger buns. Sometimes, I grill the bottoms of the buns for a bit of extra texture while cooking the meat. Try it out and let me know what you think!
How To Make The Perfect Turkey Burger:
1. Combine burger ingredients: In a mixing bowl, add turkey, garlic powder, onion powder, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, egg and breadcrumbs. Using a fork, mix togethertry not to mix it too much.
2. Shape into patties: Make your patties about ½ inch thick they will be really moist. Use your thumb to make a depression in the center of each patty. If grilling, place the patties on a parchment lined plate and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Stovetop: Heat the canola oil in a nonstick griddle or large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. . Once hot, cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Grill: Freeze the patties for 20 minutes before grilling Grill for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through or they reach an internal temperature of 160F
- Oven: Bake at 375 F for 25-30 minutes. Then sear on a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Serve on buns, with desired toppings and condiments of your choice.
You May Like: Baker’s Best Arthritis Pain Relief Cream
How To Time Baking The Entire Turkey Burger Meal:
We served our Italian turkey burgers with Gabby’s balsamic onions, fresh tomato, and arugula. My girls requested tater tots as the side dish. To prepare everything in a timely manner, this was my workflow:
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Turkey Burger
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
Flip the burgers carefully and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165° and the meat is no longer pink.
Don’t Miss: Simple Baked Macaroni And Cheese
How To Make Turkey Burgers In Oven:
I LOVE our broiler pan, it lets me mimic grilled food right in my oven. It is a two-piece pan with a grated top. I line the bottom with aluminum foil for easy clean-up since the fat tends to cook off and drip down into the bottom collection pan. This makes our burgers crispy on the outside because of the airflow and juicy on the inside because they don’t have to cook too long to cook all the way through.
How Do You Keep Grilled Turkey Burgers From Falling Apart
The key is to add the appropriate amount of binding agents to the meat without compromising the texture of the turkey burger. In this recipe, I use breadcrumbs and egg to bind the mixture and hold it together while it grills.
Another tip is to leave the meat be while it grills: dont move or press it. Just flip it once and take it off the grill when its done.
Subscribe to my Newsletter, follow me on , , and for all my latest recipes and videos.
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Short Pump
What Happens If You Eat Undercooked Ground Turkey
The most common bacteria people tend to associate with undercooked poultry is Salmonella. The illness which can cause diarrhea, fever, vomiting and abdominal cramps, among other side effects is usually caused by eating or drinking foods contaminated with the Salmonella bacteria, according to Healthline.
How Do You Make Ground Turkey Moist
How to Make a Juicy Turkey Burger
You May Like: Honey Baked Ham Opelika Al
Juicy Oven Baked Turkey Burgers
Grilling season passed you by? Learn how to make the best turkey burgers in your oven all year long!
I do almost all the cooking for our family but I just don’t grill, that is Tim’s domain. Since he gets home fairly late and we don’t want to hold up dinner for him to arrive to cook, we miss out on a lot of grilled recipes. Burgers are generally a weekend treat during the summer.
Additionally, we are trying to reduce how much red meat we eat and choose turkey and pork more when we tire of chicken. I’m always on the lookout for new recipes that are easy enough to make mid-week.
Last Sunday I spotted an awesome recipe from the “What’s Gaby Cooking” cookbook I purchased earlier this year. Many of her recipes require a few extra elements that need significant prep work, so I tend not to think of them for busy weeknights.
But when I took a closer look at this recipe, I realized that with a few of my own shortcuts, I could easily prep this for the whole family even on the busiest night of our entire week.
Turkey burgers get a bad reputation for being very dry. This recipe mixes them with flavorful, fresh ingredients that help boost the moisture. By broiling them in the oven, they get a quick flash of heat but it isn’t quite as intense as our outdoor grill.
The kids absolutely devoured them. Our only regret was that I didn’t double the recipe so we could have leftovers the next day.
Recipe Tips For The Turkey Patties
- You can easily double this recipe to make more turkey patties.
- You can bake the turkey patties: Just drizzle some vegetable oil onto a large, non-stick cookie sheet, making sure that the surface is evenly covered. Arrange the turkey patties on the sheet and gently brush the tops with some oil. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Flip, and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- These turkey patties are healthy, fresh and full of flavor and make great lunches at work, or mid-day breaks on the campus.
- To freeze, place the turkey patties in freezer bags and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Transfer the frozen turkey patties to the refrigerator overnight to thaw before reheating in the microwave.
Read Also: Baked And Wired Order Online
How Long Do You Cook Turkey
How long should a turkey be roasted?
Can You Freeze Baked Turkey Burgers
You can! You can freeze these before baking or after. Either way, store them in an airtight and freezer-safe container. If you are freezing them raw, youll want to place parchment paper between the patties and thaw them in the fridge overnight.
Just remember to make some Ketchup and choose mustard that doesnt have added sugar. Top with any other favorite toppings like lettuce and tomatoes with a whole grain bun and youve got yourself a delicious classic the whole family will love.
Also Check: Grenville Baker Boys And Girls Club
What We Love About These Turkey Burgers:
- Healthy AND Tasty! We love subbing ground turkey for ground beef because its often much leaner. Plus, with our amazing turkey burger seasoning, I think youll find it tastes every bit as good as a juicy hamburger!
- Juicy, not dry. No one wants a dry burger, so weve included some important ingredients to ensure your burger stays juicy.
- Cook it your way! Weve included instructions for cooking your turkey burgers on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the grill.
What Color Should Ground Turkey Be
Ground poultryFreshly ground chicken or turkey will have a light pink hue and virtually no smell. Like raw beef, raw poultry may get slightly gray or brown as it ages but the contrast may not be as obvious, so its important to sniff it and thoroughly look for any slick or slimy residue before you use it any recipe.
Don’t Miss: Where To Watch Bake Off
How To Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers
Frozen turkey burgers are great in that you can just pull them out of the freezer and put them right in a skillet or on the grill.
You never want to thaw a frozen turkey burger before you cook it. It will turn out mushy as well as fall apart on the grill or in your skillet.
Dont believe me? Try it, its not pretty.
Cooking frozen turkey burgers are incredibly easy, just brush the outside with a little olive oil so they dont stick to your pan or grill grate.
Then you cook them for 6 to 8 minutes a side on medium heat. Again you want to pull them off the heat around 160 degrees Fahrenheit/ 71 degrees Celsius to ensure they dont dry out too much.
Let them rest for 5 minutes and then check to see if theyve reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit/73.8 degrees Celsius on an instant-read digital thermometer.
A side-note on the frozen variety of turkey burgers. They can contain anywhere from 6 to 8 times the amount of sodium per burger than if you just made them yourself with ground turkey.
This is due to the preservatives in the frozen variety. Just something to think about if you are watching your salt intake.
Turkey burgers, when cooked the proper way, can make a great meal. After reading this article you will be ready to tackle any type of turkey burger and make it great.
Thanks for reading this article. For more helpful articles and information on how to cook and serve foods at the proper temperatures, you can find them here.
How Should A Turkey Burger Be Cooked
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the burgers over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Flip the burgers carefully and cook for 5 minutes longer, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the center registers 165° and the meat is no longer pink.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Store Waldorf Md
How Long Do You Grill Burgers At 400
After that, preheat the grill over medium high heat . Close the cover of the grill after placing the burger patties on it. Sear for 2-3 minutes, or until you notice browning and grill marks on the surface of the meat. To finish the burgers, gently turn them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, or 6-7 minutes for medium-well doneness.
How To Grill Turkey Burgers Without Falling Apart
A trick to keep burgers of any kind intact while grilling or cooking is to shape them into patties and freeze for 10-15 minutes. You arent trying to freeze the burger, but the cold will help the burger keep its shape while cooking. Other things you can do to keep burgers from falling apart:
Dont Overwork the Meat MixtureOverworking the meat mixture toughens the meat, resulting in a dry disk of burger meat.
Minimal FlippingWhen on the heat, burgers are liable to fall apart. Once a crust is created on the bottom, give the burger a flip and no more until the internal temperature is 165F and its ready to be removed from the grill.
Don’t Miss: Smoked Bush’s Baked Beans
How To Cook Turkey Burgers
How long to cook turkey burgers depends on the thickness of the burgers and your cooking method. They typically take about 5-6 minutes per side on the grill or stove, or 20 minutes in the oven. Whichever method you use, be sure to fully cook your turkey burgers. A turkey burger is fully cooked when the center of the patty reaches an internal temperature of 165° F. You can insert an instant-read thermometer sideways through the side of a burger to check the temperature of the center.
Can U Cook Ground Beef In The Oven
Cooking hamburgers in the oven is the quickest and most convenient method. Simply press the seasoned ground beef onto the pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After the meat has been cooked, you may top it with cheese and cut it into squares to serve. Its a lot less work than frying in a pan.
Read Also: Gluten Free No Bake Peanut Butter Bars