Pork Tenderloin Cooking Temp
Pork tenderloin should be cooked for a short time in a hot oven to prevent it from drying out.
Bake pork tenderloin in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20-25 minutes. The exact cooking time will depend on the size of the tenderloins and how long you seared them. For the best results, use an instant-read thermometer and remove the pork from the oven when it reaches 145 degrees.
READ MORE: Primavera Pork Tenderloin
Variations On This Roasted Pork Tenderloin:
- Add some veggies to the pan to make this a full meal deal! Anything that you can roast quickly, in about the same time as the pork, will be great on here. Broccoli, Green beans, peppers, etc.
- I dont recommend adding potatoes or carrots for this recipe as those tend to take 30-40 minutes to roast, but if you do want to add them, just start off with the veggies and add the pork about half way through.
- This roasted pork tenderloin recipe includes a basic although incredibly delicious on its own garlic herb rub that I use in a lot of different meat recipes! Its a great starter, so feel free to add other flavors or sauces to it once youre done cooking BBQ sauce, teriyaki sauce, whatever flavors you enjoy with pork will work well.
How Long To Cook Pork Tenderloin At 350 Degrees In Oven
Cooking time depends on the size of meat and seasoning as well. If the seasoning includes some meat tenderizer like lime, lemon, any acidic fruit juice, or the commercial meat tenderizer, it considerably reduces the cooking time. You can leave the meat tenderloins in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees.
However, the cooking temperature may give different results each time. The size of the oven and how accurate its temperature control is can also affect your recipes result.
If you have a smaller oven, you can get the result done in less time.
So a fixed time and temperature may not be the guarantee of cooking the meat to perfection.
That is where a meat thermometer comes in handy. You can check the internal temperature of the meat with the thermometer, and if its between 145, that means your pork tenderloin is ready to take out of the oven.
It takes a few more minutes, and heat inside the meat will cook it a little more.
Read Also: Honey Baked Ham Store Woodbridge Va
Oven Baked Pork Tenderloin
Easy Oven Baked Pork Tenderloin with veggies quick, effortless, easy and delicious one pot meal, what is perfect for a weeknight dinner. No marinating or pan searing involved in this simple recipe. Pork tenderloin is perfect for low-carb and Keto diets.
Roasting pork tenderloin in the oven at high temperature is one of the fastest and easiest ways to prepare it and it produces juicy and perfectly cooked meat. This oven baked pork tenderloin recipe requires no marinating, simple seasoning and the best part is that you can roast some veggies with and meat together for the ultimate sheet pan meal.
Unlike my popular Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe, which combines searing of the pork tenderloin on the stove top and then finishing cooking it in the oven, todays recipe is made exclusively in the oven.
How Do You Make Pork Tenderloin Juicy
Knowing how to properly cook pork tenderloin can help you achieve melt in your mouth perfection! The answer is really simple, the key to perfect pork tenderloin is to make sure you dont overcook it.
Many of us grew up at a time when our parents cooked all things pork until it was tough as leather. Today pork is safe to consume cooked to medium leaving it just a little bit pink in the middle and tender & juicy. Serve this with perfect mashed potatoes and easy roasted asparagus.
Don’t Miss: Glass Baked Goods Display Case
Expert Tips And Customizations
There are many ways to mix up the seasonings on this tenderloin to suit your own tastes. One way I frequently employ is to add in another kind of vinegar. White or red vinegars will work here too but will not give it as brown a color or as deep a taste and will be more vinegary but still delicious!
- Swap out the brown sugar for honey! Have you ever had balsamic and honey pork tenderloin? Also so, so, so, so good!
- If you dont have Italian herbs on hand for the potatoes, you can add a half a teaspoon of the following: basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
- If you dont have garlic powder, you can use minced garlic or these fabulous new frozen garlic cubes Ive found that are minced so well, the garlic blends right into the dish and nearly melts in your mouth. I found them at Trader Joes and they are made by Dorot. So worth it.
- I find myself adding spices to take the heat level up on my foods from time to time. A great way to do this for this pork is to add more crushed red pepper flakes, a little chili powder, or a hot sauce of your choosing.
- If you dont have baby red or gold potatoes, you can use russet, just be sure they are all diced into smaller cubes so that they cook evenly with the pork.
How To Make Pork Tenderloin In The Oven:
This is one of my favorite recipes because it’s so quick and easy, plus the entire family loves it.
Full ingredient list and detailed step by step instructions are listed in the recipe card below, but here is a summary.
Also Check: Honey Baked Ham Pembroke Pines
How To Cook Smithfield Pork Tenderloin In Bag
You can put breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, and other seasonings in the bag. You can also add a tablespoon of flour and shake it good so that floor sticks to the paper.
It absorbs the extra fat and moisture from tenderloins while cooking. Cooking in a bag gives great flavor. Meat is juicier and tender. Put the pork tenderloins in the bag and place them in the oven.
What Is The Difference Between A Pork Loin And Pork Tenderloin
Before you make this Baked Pork Tenderloin recipe, its important you purchase pork tenderloin and NOT pork loin they are not the same. If you use pork loin, your pork wont be done cooking in the allotted time or emerge nearly as juicy.
- Cut of Meat:
- Pork tenderloin comes from theloin of the pig, which runs from the hip to the shoulder.
- Pork loin, however, comes from the back of a pig and is much wider and longer.
Recommended Reading: Honey Baked Ham Wake Forest
Tips To Improve Your Recipe
Here are a few tips to improve the recipe:
- Pork tenderloin is lean meat and you should not cook it on slow heat. It will get dry and release all of its juices. Make sure you cook the tenderloins at 350 degrees and take them out as soon as they are done.
- Like any other meat, dont serve the pork tenderloins right out of the oven. Put them on rest on the table for 5-7 minutes so that it reabsorbs all the juices around them.
- A little pink inside the tenderloins does not mean that its undercooked. Its actually a sign of perfectly cooked tenderloins.
- You can use different types of seasoning and see what works for your taste. Adding herbs can make the tenderloins more aromatic and enhance the flavor.
- You can add little heat by including chillis or paprika in the seasoning.
- Pork tenderloin becomes complete only when you are serving some currency veggies along with the platter.
- Dont discard the fat if your cut has some. It melts while baking and adds a lot of flavor to the dish.
- Pair the pork tenderloins with roasted or grilled veggies or some green salad with lots of fresh vegetables. It adds lots of color to the table and makes your meal nutritionally complete.
- Soaking the pork tenderloins in brine or rubbing salt and vinegar makes the meat tender and full of flavor. It improves the taste like meat is melting in the mouth.
More Easy Pork Recipes
- This recipe for pork tenderloin with apples and onions has so many happy reviews.
- Our easy pork tacos call for ground pork, so they come together FAST.
- Everyone loves this pulled pork recipe. We show you how to make it in the slow cooker as well as in a pressure cooker.
Recipe updated, originally posted January 2012. Since posting this in 2012, we have tweaked the recipe to be more clear. Adam and Joanne
Read Also: Mrs Ts Loaded Baked Potato Pierogies
What People Are Saying About This Best Baked Pork Tenderloin
This was the most tender, melt in your mouth, tenderloin I have ever made. The outsides were nicely browned and there was juices around the meat. Will definitely make this again!! Next time I will add garlic cloves and lemon slices to the baking dish, too, along with the lemon and orange slices. Cynthia
I make this recipe about three or more times a month. Its so good and is heavenly with a homemade blue cheese or cilantro lime sauce. SO GOOD! I use a meat thermometer to check if the pork is done and if not, I only have to add a few extra minutes. Love, love, love this one. Liz
We have made this recipe a few times now. It is so easy and absolutely delish! The rub has a nice kick and we love that no marinating or searing is needed. Tonight well be pairing it with roasted sweet potatoes and an italian chopped salad. Can we all say yum! Diane
How To Cook Pork Roast In Oven With Foil
This is quite a simple recipe and were going to take it one step at a time.
- First, find a pot and put a bottom layer of foil over it.
- Next, were going to season the pork roast with some salt and black pepper, olive oil, and thyme.
- Place it on the pan and add the top foil over it. Make sure to close and seal the foil so none of the spices and juices can escape. A nice trick is to put the edges of the top foil under the bottom one and squeeze as tight as you can. That should do the trick!
- Preheat the oven to 420 F and once the pork roast is in, bring it down to 350 F and cook for an hour.
- During the last ten minutes, uncover the pork and let it cook like this for another 10 minutes.
And now? Well, enjoy!
Read Also: How To Bake Orange Roughy
How Do You Know When Pork Tenderloin Is Done
My #1 tip for cooking this perfect pork tenderloin recipe in the oven is to buy a meat thermometer! Even better, if you can buy an in-oven thermometer that will beep as soon as the pork reaches the desired temperature, you will have perfect pork every time. I frequently use my in-oven thermometer for pork loin and tenderloin, chicken breast, and roasting whole chickens and can’t recommend it enough!
Baking Pork Tenderloin For Dinner Is Incredibly Easy
Even the crazy busy weeks where you are running from school to work and every activity under the sun, this recipe can still be accomplished. It is that simple to make.
Just rub a few spices on the outside and bake. Its that simple!
We love to serve this with a simple green leaf salad. This is delicious with the pork tenderloin and so very easy.
It also makes a light and healthy dinner option. Sometimes, we serve it with Crock Pot Baked Potatoes.
I throw the potatoes in the slow cooker that morning and they are ready when I come home. So easy!
You might also like this delicious Pork Tenderloin with Lazy Day Crock Pot Baked Beans Recipe. Yum!
Do You Cook Smithfield Pork Tenderloin In The Bag
Smithfield pork tenderloin is just like other pork tenderloins. You can cook them in the oven, grill, pan-fry, or cook in any other ways. They can be cooked in the bag as well. Cooking in the bag is an interesting way to prepare pork tenderloin or other meat.
Here it is important to note that you cant put a pork tenderloin in any other bag, especially a plastic bag, and cook. Cooking bags are specially made to withstand heat in the oven.
What Color Is A Cooked Pork Tenderloin
I had the amazing opportunity to be a part of the Pass the Pork tour and learn first hand about both pork farming and cooking pork to perfection! For years I have confidently served my pork cooked to medium with just a hint of pink, the pork is so tender and juicy you can literally cut it with a fork.
Cooking your pork tenderloin to 145°F means your pork will have just a touch of pink in the middle. Pork tenderloin can be served with a little bit of pink in the middle in order to ensure its juicy and fork-tender. Find more information about cooking pork at pork.org.
Don’t Miss: Bake Frozen Turkey Burgers In Oven
Other Easy Pork Tenderloin Recipes
If you’re looking for other delicious, easy ways to make this recipe, please check out some of our other favorite recipes below:
- The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- The Best Baked Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- The Best Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Blackened Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables Recipe
- Easy Baked Ranch Pork Tenderloin and Gravy Recipe
- Sheet Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Veggies
These recipes are so simple, easy, and BURSTING with flavor – they are guaranteed to knock your socks off!
You can also find some of our favorite pork recipes – like our garlic pork chops, air fryer pork chops, crunchy baked pulled pork, slow cooker pork steaks, and more in our complete pork recipe archives.
Easy Pork Tenderloin With Potatoes
Whether youre going out of town, having people over, or simply enjoying down time at home, Im wishing you a wonderful season filled with hopeful, joyful vibes.
Of course, you know I routinely wish you plenty of yum, as in this popular BEST Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. If cookies are your jam, both kids and grownups alike go coco-nutty over these Chewy Coconut Macaroons Recipe and these chewy delicious Coconut Macaroon Nutella Nest Cookies.
As for the hammay we humbly suggest that no other ham holds a candle to this time-tested 5-Ingredient Honey Baked Ham Recipe that I always get recipe requests for. So many people who normally dont touch ham have asked me for that one. Its a keeper so be sure to keep it.
Onto todays Sheet Pan Roast Pork Tenderloin with Potatoesthis is one of those great recipes you can dish up for either a special occasion or a casual family meal. Its easy enough to pull off any day of the week, as it happily cooks up in a single pan. This pork tenderloin recipe results in an impressive one-pan meal thats 250% tender and tasty enough for any situation.
This easy roast pork tenderloin is an all-in-one meal deal that tastes awesome. No need to dig out all the pots and pan. No mess, no stress
Don’t Miss: Baked Zucchini And Squash Parmesan
How To Cook Pork Tenderloin
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This tender roasted Pork Tenderloin recipe is so simple to prepare and incredibly tender, juicy and delicious!
Pork tenderloin is lean, healthy and becomes fork-tender when roasted in the oven with just a little bit of seasoning.
A delicious main dish alongside is fast enough to make on a busy weeknight and elegant enough to serve to guests at a dinner party!
Thank you to our friends at the National Pork Board for sponsoring this post!x
Tips For Baking The Best Pork Tenderloin
- Do not overcook it. As with any lean cut of meat, if it is overcooked, it will be dry. The key is to cook it to 145 degrees Fahrenheit and no more. The pork will be a tiny bit pink in the center and buttery soft.
- Use an instant-read meat thermometer. It’s an inexpensive kitchen tool that every kitchen should have. Using a thermometer will ensure that your meat is perfectly cooked.
- Sear the pork before you bake it. Taking the 6ish minutes to do this step will not only give it a beautiful color, but it also adds flavor and seals in the juices, so it stays more tender.
- Add a little liquid. We deglaze the searing pan with some beef stock and add this to the roasting pan. It adds a fantastic flavor and helps keep the tenderloin juicy.
- Pour a little apple cider vinegar over the pork. It will help tenderize the meat and give a delicious flavor to the sauce.
Don’t Miss: Honey Baked Ham Carrollton Ga